Hearts and paying bills

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

portobellojambo1
It wouldn't be totally surprising if The Romanovs only plan to get Hearts out of debt was to stop paying invoices.

Not paying your bills makes your debt go away; nope just cannot work that one out.

Daydream Believer

Given the fairy small amounts we're talking about I'd think that it's more likely to be down to administrative incompetence trying to deal with finances between 2 countries rather than serious cash flow problems.

As mentioned though I don't like to think that it's a specific policy decision taken by Vlad because if it is, I think it's a poor one. A football club should not be treated like other businesses, non-payment will be scrutinised publicly and can result in businesses choosing not to deal with the club. If that happens others charge the club more to balance the risk of non payment.

Similarly, non payment of wages are likely to cost money in January when other clubs decide to try to get players on the cheap.

That was my point ;) I wouldn't trust The Romanovs to make a cake never mind manage a mulit-million pound business. They're half baked brain farts being put into practice are precisely why Hearts are insolvent.

Because our multi-millionaire businessman owner would have no experience in that field?

Geoff Kilpatrick
That was my point ;) I wouldn't trust The Romanovs to make a cake never mind manage a mulit-million pound business. They're half baked brain farts being put into practice are precisely why Hearts are insolvent.

So, if you lived in post-communist Eastern Europe, you'd be a millionaire too. :rolleyes:

Because our multi-millionaire businessman owner would have no experience in that field?

Apparantly he has. You wouldn't think it though as he's set about becoming a spectacular failure in this country. It's like Keystone cops. A good businessman outside the UK yes, but would i hire him to manage my debt? Would anyone? No, not unless they wanted it doubled.

Just thought I?d pass on a story I heard last night that puts into context some of the late payment/court case stuff that?s been flying around recently. It sure doesn?t look like a new thing.

My old man started his own business at the end of last year. I was talking with him about it last night and he laughingly told me the only company he has had any problems getting money from is Hearts.

He did a job for them in January (a tiny job ? 80 pounds worth). He didn?t get paid until May and that was only because they wanted him to do another job for 40 pounds. Seven months later he still hasn?t received the 40 pounds. He?s phoned a couple of times and he just gets fobbed off with ?you?re on the list?, ?we?ll get back to you? etc. etc. He says it?s not even worth chasing it up further. Hearts asked him to do another job a few weeks ago (slightly bigger ? 500 pounds) but he had to refuse because nobody could tell him when he?d be paid.

Now, I don?t know much about running a business but I don?t actually think it is that common to simply refuse to pay suppliers for such long periods of time.

Anyway, just thought I?d pass it on for anybody interested.

Thanks for posting this. A small report on the business attitude of the Vlad empire serves well to point to the general philosophy - respect for nobody and egotism run rampant. One thing is for sure - business karma works and there is a large deficit missile homing in on a certain business orifice. It just saddens me that these type of people, with their attitudes, run Heart of Midlothian.

This small incident points to a tremor in The Force.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Given the fairy small amounts we're talking about I'd think that it's more likely to be down to administrative incompetence trying to deal with finances between 2 countries rather than serious cash flow problems.

As mentioned though I don't like to think that it's a specific policy decision taken by Vlad because if it is, I think it's a poor one. A football club should not be treated like other businesses, non-payment will be scrutinised publicly and can result in businesses choosing not to deal with the club. If that happens others charge the club more to balance the risk of non payment.

Similarly, non payment of wages are likely to cost money in January when other clubs decide to try to get players on the cheap.

Good post.

My opening post wasn't meant to hint at financial difficulties. I think the money hasn't been paid because (as was hinted to my dad) nobody in Edinburgh has the authority to okay payments, even as low as 40 pounds.

Francis Albert
Sorry, i forgot that saying bad things about Uncle Vlad upsets the Apologists. I'll just say reverse that.

Vladimir Romanov is a brilliant man, with lots of intelligent, well thought out ideas. Oh and his PR skills are 'above reproach'.

Better? :D

No. Bizarre.

Archived