The next few months

brellierlegend

brellierlegend

Just a couple of questions to some of the more informed guys on here.

1) Does anyone know what our current debt is? I know it is impossible for an exact figure but I have read it is in the 15 million region.

2) Does anyone know what our wage bill would have to be for us to be a "self sufficient club." I read in the papers our current weekly wage bill is ?90000 a week. So clearly we do not bring in ?360 000 a month from gate receipts and other sources of income. However, does anyone actually know how much we'd need to shed of the wage bill?

3) It looks like we could potentially lose Driver, Berra, Aguiar, Kingston, Karipidis and Nade in Jan. How much does everyone think we could get for this lot?

If they have to be sold to save the club then its a no brainer. I just hope Csaba can bring in a few players on cheap wages that do well for us. Kingston and Nade are basically robbing us in my opinion!

Geoff Kilpatrick
1) Does anyone know what our current debt is? I know it is impossible for an exact figure but I have read it is in the 15 million region.

Somewhere in the region of ?20-25M

2) Does anyone know what our wage bill would have to be for us to be a "self sufficient club." I read in the papers our current weekly wage bill is ?90000 a week. So clearly we do not bring in ?360 000 a month from gate receipts and other sources of income. However, does anyone actually know how much we'd need to shed of the wage bill?

Not easy to answer without knowing the full ins and outs of the debt interest we're charged. Roughly speaking, an ideal world of 50-60% of turnover is a good rule of thumb.

3) It looks like we could potentially lose Driver, Berra, Aguiar, Kingston, Karipidis and Nade in Jan. How much does everyone think we could get for this lot?

Again, I think a lot will depend on transfer activity being kicked off by someone spending big in England. Gut feel is as follows: -

Berra - ?2.5M plus add-ons for appearances

Aguiar - ?400K - 6 months left on contract, probably better keeping him

Kingston - ?2.5M - Ghanian reputation adds value here

Karipidis - ?250K from a Greek outfit

Nade - ?500K

Driver - ?3M plus add-ons for appearances

20-25 million!!!! I thought it would be a lot less than that.

Are you sure its that much?

Think you might find it's in the region of 18 million when the latest accounts are released - I've no doubt that a concerted effort will be made to reduce that even further over the course of the next few months.

Somewhere in the region of ?20-25M

Not easy to answer without knowing the full ins and outs of the debt interest we're charged. Roughly speaking, an ideal world of 50-60% of turnover is a good rule of thumb.

Again, I think a lot will depend on transfer activity being kicked off by someone spending big in England. Gut feel is as follows: -

Berra - ?2.5M plus add-ons for appearances

Aguiar - ?400K - 6 months left on contract, probably better keeping him

Kingston - ?2.5M - Ghanian reputation adds value here

Karipidis - ?250K from a Greek outfit

Nade - ?500K

Driver - ?3M plus add-ons for appearances

I think your miles out with the Bruno and karapidis values.!150k max for Bruno.He is out of contract in the summer so why would a team pay almost half a million for him?Karapidis sure we turned down 200k in the summer again we won't get anymore for him 100k best i think and being honest 3million for Driver can't see it.We would have sold for a million in the summer 1.5 and add on's max.

Hope that that is not "the well informed". The big problem is we don't know. We must all know the wage bill was scary enough before the world financial problems and that measures have been taken and will continue to be taken to reduce the outgoings. Interesting that Leslie Deans sounds less alarmed than many posters?

Archived