Chris Berra - Man U, Chelsea and Fulham...

flogelisgod

Guest JamboRobbo
Berra wouldn't get close to Manc U or Chelski 1st team

Hi is an average SPL player but is not ready for the EPL

it was only a few months back he was getting slated on here and posters wanted him stripped of the captaincy etc

Aye - but not by anyone with any idea about fitba. :P

The People's Chimp
Or as bizarre is Fletcher to Madrid.

Did you see his miss when he was through and past Boruc yesterday?

Still, at least with "the fletcher scout" having left Real under a cloud over the last week, the Hobos have a ready made excuse to add to their myth factory.

Ally Alexander
Are you referring to Chelsea FC? If so, perhaps you could tell me when the Kings Road was within listening distance of the Bow Bells....:mw_rolleyes:

The distances between St Mary Le Bow Church in Cheapside to Upton Park and to Stamford Bridge is much the same - Upton Park shades it by about 300 yards.

So as West Ham are traditionally "Cockney", why can't it apply to Chelsea?

Is Terry a better player?

:laugh:

Funniest post ever.

Berra has recently improved from a decent SPL player to a good SPL player. He's probably not good enough for the Premiership, let alone Chelsea or Man U.

Berra wouldn't get close to Manc U or Chelski 1st team

Hi is an average SPL player but is not ready for the EPL

it was only a few months back he was getting slated on here and posters wanted him stripped of the captaincy etc

Exactly, the gulf is huge - it takes someone really special to even make it at a mid table team down there.

Exactly, the gulf is huge - it takes someone really special to even make it at a mid table team down there.

That's a good point actually. Look at how Cuellar is struggling to establish himself at Villa.

Only thing is is that he's 23, soon to be 24 so not exactly the promising youngster anymore.

Both spot on. However...

WIll he go to Chelsea or Manchester United? IMO no. I do like him being linked with them though, it cannot do his value any harm.

I do also agree with this.

He's only been linked to Man Utd by our manager talking out his arse.

It's clearly total nonsense - Berra would be lucky to get on the bench for the Man Utd reserves and anyone who thinks otherwise really needs their heads examined.

Berra's a slightly above average SPL player - no more that that.

Glad you rate him so highly... so you'll be pleased if he stays and shocked if he goes to the premiership for a few million?

He's no Craig Gordon is he??!:mw_rolleyes:

:laugh:

Funniest post ever.

Berra has recently improved from a decent SPL player to a good SPL player. He's probably not good enough for the Premiership, let alone Chelsea or Man U.

you have literally no idea about spotting talent. Berra is an outstanding player and even bigger prospect and when he is sold, it will be for a lot more than most on kickback think.

are you a hobo? :smell_hobo:

you have literally no idea about spotting talent. Berra is an outstanding player and even bigger prospect and when he is sold, it will be for a lot more than most on kickback think.

You sir are deluded if you think Christophe Berra is anywhere near good enough for Chelsea or Man United.

You sir are deluded if you think Christophe Berra is anywhere near good enough for Chelsea or Man United.

if you can point to where I said that, I'll accept I am deluded.

if you can point to where I said that, I'll accept I am deluded.

OK fair point. However...

A lot more than most people think? ;) Name your valuation.

In the BBC rumours section, your thoughts?

If he was to go, defo think Man U has to be the option as they seem to nurture the younger talents better than most other big teams in the game.

i read this and thought it was alot of sh** but obv not is he generally in for a shout at man utd and chelsea im a chelsea man myself cant see him playing with john terry:laugh:

OK fair point. However...

A lot more than most people think? ;) Name your valuation.

In today's climate I think he's worth ?4m. I'm comparing him to the Scot Broon's and Alan Huttons of this world. Do I think Hutton is twice the player though? no chance.

In any normal climate i think he's worth ?2.5 ish but I think he'll go for more and I think he will become a huge player for Scotland in years to come (in fact starting around about the point he moves to the prem).

Easily the most ridiculous post that Makween has ever seen on here. Be quiet, kiddo.

Berra = Vastly Overrated.

Undoubtedly an ordinary player!

However thats only my opinion,many others on here see him as a very good player.But football is all about opinions.

Cue JR with sarcastic [more on post count] comment:mw_rolleyes:

Man Utd and Chelsea and to think these are probably the same posters who take great delight in calling Hibs fans deluded:mw_rolleyes:

Easily the most ridiculous post that Makween has ever seen on here. Be quiet, kiddo.

He's never read some of his own then :mw_rolleyes: , adult

He's never read some of his own then :mw_rolleyes: , adult

What Makween has noticed, on the other hand, is Jambo83's stalkerish obsession with him. Makween thinks that Jambo83 should try leaving the house from time to time.

can't be assed reading the whole thread so soz if someone has already pointed this out...

wasn't it csaba who first suggested alleged 'interest' in berra from man-u and chelsea?

the hobos must be pishing themselves.... this time through laughter.

What Makween has noticed, on the other hand, is Jambo83's stalkerish obsession with him. Makween thinks that Jambo83 should try leaving the house from time to time.

I do, i'm at work :P

I can't help it, just feel drawn to your posts, but if you can't take a bit of cyberbanter that doesn't include bashing Ra' Sellick or Elhvis i'll leave well alone.

* I like the word "stalkerish" though, think i'll be using that bad boy in future.

based on today's revelations that Zal is off for ?2m, I'd like to review my earlier comment that Berra is worth ?4m,

He's clearly worth more, and we may now get nearer ?5m for him.

Makween, sir, you are a plank.

based on today's revelations that Zal is off for ?2m, I'd like to review my earlier comment that Berra is worth ?4m,

Heh, classic.

What kind of person types about themself in the third person ?

Jambovambo doesn't.

Makes me think of Benny

Crossroads_Benny.jpg

or Mungo (had to mis-spell his name to get past the filter)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=28khv-BydeY

If he was to go, defo think Man U has to be the option as they seem to nurture the younger talents better than most other big teams in the game.

i think you are in danger of cracking up:evilno:

as good a player as he is cant see him dislodging vidic or rio

more chance of me dying myself green and buyinga s/t for the nou tramp

i think you are in danger of cracking up:evilno:

as good a player as he is cant see him dislodging vidic or rio

more chance of me dying myself green and buyinga s/t for the nou tramp

but they wouldn't be buying him to dislodge vidic or rio that is the salient point.................

I strongly disagree. In the current financial climate we will do very well to get ?3million for him. I doubt very much we'll even get that. He's not a youngster anymore, he's not played first team football for very long (2 years roughly) and he's hardly pulled up any trees when he has. He's a good defender and that is it. He's not even a regular in the Scotland setup and there are some very average players in that team.

To put it in perspective Everton paid ?4million for Jagielka who is a far better defender, footballer and player with much more experience.

Also, there is no way in hell Zaliukas is worth anything like ?2million.

Just my opinion...

Are you capable of typing out a post without being personally abusive, kiddo?

Makween is confident that Berra won't leave for ?2 million. Whether or not Makween would be happy to see Berra leave for that amount is another matter - Makween would not. There is no way that any team will pay more than ?2.5 million for Berra, because Berra is no more and no less than a good (but not great) SPL level defender. English clubs will look at Berra, see his failure to get into a poor Scotland team, and draw their own conclusions.

Makween will refrain from following your lead and being personally abusive. Makween does, however, find it interesting to note that every time that a Scottish player leaves a Scottish club to go down South, fans of his Scottish club indulge in "he's going 2 be da bestest eva!!!!!!1!" silliness before the player goes on to crash and burn. Makween can't remember the last player who left the SPL to be an unqualified success down South, and this includes far more experienced and proven players than Berra.

Are you capable of typing out a post without being personally abusive, kiddo?

Makween is confident that Berra won't leave for ?2 million. Whether or not Makween would be happy to see Berra leave for that amount is another matter - Makween would not. There is no way that any team will pay more than ?2.5 million for Berra, because Berra is no more and no less than a good (but not great) SPL level defender. English clubs will look at Berra, see his failure to get into a poor Scotland team, and draw their own conclusions.

Makween will refrain from following your lead and being personally abusive. Makween does, however, find it interesting to note that every time that a Scottish player leaves a Scottish club to go down South, fans of his Scottish club indulge in "he's going 2 be da bestest eva!!!!!!1!" silliness before the player goes on to crash and burn. Makween can't remember the last player who left the SPL to be an unqualified success down South, and this includes far more experienced and proven players than Berra.

tl;dr

plank

boabyarsebiscuit

If Berra was to leave, I reckon his best move would be Wolves. Gets the chance to settle down in a team that is pretty much winning every week, and a manager who used to be a centre-back.

The bigger the club the more the money generally. He is worth plenty, make no mistake. BUT we will sell him for feck all as usual.:mad:

The bigger the club the more the money generally. He is worth plenty, make no mistake. BUT we will sell him for feck all as usual.:mad:

Who else did we sell for nothing..."as usual"?

Point a few seem to miss or haven't realised. Vlad will have aprice for Berra that he will accept. As has been seen in the past with other players Vlad WILL hold out to get his price, that I am confident off. What his price for Berra is, is anyones guess,I would hazard that guess at around 4million.

As has already been said if we can get 2 million for Zal, Berra is clearly worth the 4million mark, he is breaking into the Scotland set up now, only the two from darkheid are keeping him out. I already stated if a big club like Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal were looking at buying him then they are NOT buying him to walk into the team now, but buying as a future prospect. Even paying 4million for him on a 4year contract give him a year to see if he can reach potential maybe start filtering him into the team in lesser games or when they have a game sewn up and bringing him on as a sub etc. Keeps the interest in him and his value up, then the following year maybe introduce him a little more to some games, if any of these clubs felt he wasnt going to make the grade then they would offload to a lesser EPL club and wouldnt take a loss, it is a gamble worth taking because if he was to reach his potential they would have got a great CB for only 4million which in todays market even with credit crunches etc is a good deal.

Easy for us all to think players will be sold on the cheap to raise money and call it fire-sales, however none of us no the extent of which UKIO/UBIG/Hearts need money, we know Vlad wants to reduce the wage bill, which is needed especially in this economic climate, however how desperate are they to reduce that? are they so desperate to sell players off cheap, or are they in a position to be able to hold out for the price they want. No-one can answer that or know the answer until things happen and we see for ourselves.

Millfield_Mackem
Is Evans much better if better at all.Berra is naturally left sided and has real pace both a huge plus for a CB..

Speaking from watching Evans for two seasons in a row, i can confirm that ef Berra can turn out even half as good as Evans he'll be a decent player. Evans doesnt have massive pace but his reading of the game, which more than well makes up for it. SAF has said that Jonny will be the next leading CB for Utd.

He has the potential to be world class.

Berra is not good enough for the top 4 teams in England, but he has the potential to be a very good centre half. quick, strong and good in the air, he'd benefit from playing beside a football player. Certainly I never saw ?5m of a difference between him and Cuellar in any of the games he played in for Rangers.

Berra is, in my opinion, the best centre half in the SPL. Far better than McManus and a much better defender than Caldwell.

I'd be wanting about ?3 - ?3.5m for him as he is.

tl;dr

plank

Good post, have some rep.

Point a few seem to miss or haven't realised. Vlad will have aprice for Berra that he will accept. As has been seen in the past with other players Vlad WILL hold out to get his price, that I am confident off. What his price for Berra is, is anyones guess,I would hazard that guess at around 4million.

That's fair enough, but Makween finds it unlikely that anyone will offer that. We'll either have to sell him for less or keep him, in Makween's opinion. If the financial situation's as bad as it seems, Makween thinks that Romanov may be forced to abandon his principles on this issue.

Good post, have some rep.

That's fair enough, but Makween finds it unlikely that anyone will offer that. We'll either have to sell him for less or keep him, in Makween's opinion. If the financial situation's as bad as it seems, Makween thinks that Romanov may be forced to abandon his principles on this issue.

Exactly it is Makweens opinion

What does Makween base this opinion on? Rumours? Conjecture? JKB debates?

we'vehatedthe

berra is good, tremendous spl player as the epl is certainly a set down he will be captain of chelsea and keeping jt out the team.

Makween bases his opinion precisely on those things.

Berra, if he is sold, will go for not a penny under ?4m. FACT.

Romanov hasn't done cheap sales since he sold dodgy Elvis Pressley shirts out of a taxi in the 70s.

Romanov hasn't done cheap sales since he sold dodgy Elvis Pressley shirts out of a taxi in the 70s.

If you had quoted ?2m you would have most agreeing with you I think, but "?4m. FACT" isn't doing you any favours bud.

Your on a loser with that one

Obviously it's Makween's opinion. Here's another newsflash : It's the 10th of December today, and Makween is posting on Kickback using a computer and a keyboard.

What a stupid ****ing comment. Especially given that Makween used the word "if" as part of the comment that you quoted. None of us know how the financial situation is, but it's fair to say that it probably isn't particularly rosy.

Makween wrote out a big long post about why Makween doesn't think that Berra will go for more than ?2-2.5 million, and you were unable to answer with anything other than personal abuse. Makween's opinions are based on his footballing ability. Are you always this touchy when someone disagrees with you about something, or is it just when you're on the internet that the inner hardman comes out to play?

Can you please teach Makween how to tell the future like you apparently can? QUESTION.

Makween thinks that it looks silly when people do this. OPINION.

Rangers.

If Lee Miller can get a transfer to Man U then why can't Berra?

To be fair, that wee ***** looked a player before his move. Scored a few goals in the Champions league n' free kicks n' stuff.

There's no way on earth Man U or Chelsea will sign Berra. No f'ckin chance. He looked great against Rainjerz, but Man U is another planet.

Archived