Chris Berra - Man U, Chelsea and Fulham...

flogelisgod

In the BBC rumours section, your thoughts?

If he was to go, defo think Man U has to be the option as they seem to nurture the younger talents better than most other big teams in the game.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Berra's a good player but when you consider that Jonny Evans is the first choice backup and he's a better player and younger, there is no way that Man Utd will be making an offer.

Berra's a good player but when you consider that Jonny Evans is the first choice backup and he's a better player and younger, there is no way that Man Utd will be making an offer.

Is Evans much better if better at all.Berra is naturally left sided and has real pace both a huge plus for a CB.I don't think for a minute that if Man U where interested Ferguson would be thinking he had the finished article but he could certainly mould him into one.

Berra is a fine player but he is not up to the standard of Chelsea FC.

Fulham, Hull, Blackburn and similar would be more suitable and then see if he can make the step up in class.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Is Evans much better if better at all.Berra is naturally left sided and has real pace both a huge plus for a CB.I don't think for a minute that if Man U where interested Ferguson would be thinking he had the finished article but he could certainly mould him into one.

Evans is a cracking player and, at 20, is a standout in the Northern Ireland international team.

It's no coincidence that Sunderland are far worse off this season without Evans in the side.

Fulham, Hull, Blackburn and similar would be more suitable and then see if he can make the step up in class.

Who have Chelsea got after Terry,Carvalho(sp)and Alex ?

Berra is not ready for the EPL and is a million miles away from playing for Man u or Chelsea.

I think we should be proud of the fact that our captain is being linked with the likes of Man United... instead of the usual speculation regarding the bigot brothers.

Evans has to be one of the best prospects in the UK in any position I would say.

Berra is still young enough to improve into the type of player that Chelsea/Man U might be realistically interested in.

Any Kb'er who thinks that Berra can go to Man utd or Chelsea should put down their crack pipe.

For a Hearts supporter you do a good job of convincing the rest of us that you are a hobo.

If Berra, Driver, Larry and Bruno go in the January fire sale and we fall spectacularly down the league... we'll all be greetin/moanin of the crappy players we have left.

Berra is recognised throughout the scottish football scene as a truly great prospect and being linked with Man U and chelski (albeit paper talk) is further proof of his undoubted talent.

Shame some supporters can't see it through their maroon tinted glasses.

Who have Chelsea got after Terry,Carvalho(sp)and Alex ?

Some Serbian boy, can't remember his name.

I'd say Berra could get into a team in the top half of the EPL in a couple of years, such as Everton, Aston Villa and Spurs.

Evans is a cracking player and, at 20, is a standout in the Northern Ireland international team.

It's no coincidence that Sunderland are far worse off this season without Evans in the side.

Maybe we could tempt Sunderland into another ?9 million bid for Berra... I mean they did shell out ?8 million for anton ferdinand!!!:eek:

Some Serbian boy, can't remember his name.

I'd say Berra could get into a team in the top half of the EPL in a couple of years, such as Everton, Aston Villa and Spurs.

Ivanovic isn't it?

Ivanovic isn't it?

Correct. I've also seen Essien play in central defence for Chelsea FC and damn fine he was too.

Correct. I've also seen Essien play in central defence for Chelsea FC and damn fine he was too.

Not forgetting Mancienne, who has already made the England squad for his displays for Wolves whilst out on loan.

That said, it will be interesting to see who Chelsea lose in their own January firesale.

Lochend Brazil
Berra to Man Utd or the Plastic Cockneys would be as bizarre as Obua to Newcastle.

Or as bizarre is Fletcher to Madrid.

I'd much rather have Berra go to an EPL team than the OF.

That said if he were to go to Man Utd or Chelski he'd be very much a support player with the idea of him progressing through the reserves.

utd and chelsea buy some young players with raw potential,give them the best coaching available out there and see,within the following 3 years,if they continue with their developement.......................

they wouldnt be investing in the berra we see but the berra he has the potential to become,that is the salient point.................

thats why it might just happen imo..................

Plastic Cockneys

Are you referring to Chelsea FC? If so, perhaps you could tell me when the Kings Road was within listening distance of the Bow Bells....:mw_rolleyes:

I think we should be proud of the fact that our captain is being linked with the likes of Man United... instead of the usual speculation regarding the bigot brothers.

He is not linked with Man United though it is a rumour made up on a message board.

Don't mistake my earlier post as a go at Berra but the lad is just not at that level IMO.

He is not linked with Man United though it is a rumour made up on a message board.

Don't mistake my earlier post as a go at Berra but the lad is just not at that level IMO.

the sunday times is a quite reliable broadsheet imho...............

Teuchterjambo
If Berra signs for Chelsea or Man U I'll eat my dick.

Be careful what you wish for - best start the flexibility exercises now just in case !

Guest juvehearts

If he was to go, defo think Man U has to be the option as they seem to nurture the younger talents better than most other big teams in the game.

This should be in the guilt lounge

He wouldn't get near the Fulham team at the moment - 4th best defence in the league.

My only thinking is that he could be brought in in Jan and groomed to be Hangeland's long term replacement.

Never mind,we have already got a replacement for him in the form of some 20 yr old Lith from that top team full off world class players that is F C U K Kaunas.

utd and chelsea buy some young players with raw potential,give them the best coaching available out there and see,within the following 3 years,if they continue with their developement.......................

they wouldnt be investing in the berra we see but the berra he has the potential to become,that is the salient point.................

thats why it might just happen imo..................

Exactly

This should be in the guilt lounge

Its hardly in the same league as some of the pap on that football rumours website, neither is it lifted from the Record or News of the World.

The Sunday Times is a pretty respectable source in my opinion.

If Berra signs for Chelsea or Man U I'll eat my dick.

That has got to be the single most bizarre comment i have ever read on this message board... you are not right in the head.:evilno:

Is Terry a better player? He?s a better captain but on pure playing ability Terry is nothing exceptional at all.

Any Kb'er who thinks that Berra can go to Man utd or Chelsea should put down their crack pipe.

I doubt he will, but remember where Michael Stewart came from. And I'd say Berra is a better defender than Stewart is a midfielder. So it's not entirely out of the question. Still, I can't see it.

As has already been said if the likes of Chelsea or Man U were looking to buy Berra in January, they are not buying him to put into the teams they have just now, but as an investment for th future based on his potential.

I always said when Berra first started out he had far more potential than Judas webster, the only thing that has hindered berra slightly so far is the carry on at the club the last couple of seasons and i think maybe he was given a little too much responsibility at a young age, but he is now coming through that, and his displays are now showing signs of the real player many thought he would become.

If the likes of these two were buying him and in 2-3 years didnt become the player they expected they could still be able to sell him at a profit from what they paid for him. EPL transfers will always get more money that a player coming from the SPL, at the very least they would break even on him. So from their point of view its a gamble worth taking.

If Lee Miller can get a transfer to Man U then why can't Berra?

When did Lee Miller ever get a transfer to Man Utd?

He played for Falkirk, Briston City, Us, Dundee Utd and the Sheep

When did Lee Miller ever get a transfer to Man Utd?

He played for Falkirk, Briston City, Us, Dundee Utd and the Sheep

He means Liam Miller.

Ferguson was at the celtic game.

Somebody has put 2 and 2 together and most likely have 5.

Ferguson wasn't at the C*lt!c game, (or so the Sunday morning papers said) however I do not think that Berra is that high up on their hit list that SAF would come up himself.

IMO, Berra has greater potential than Webster had. IMO Berra will do better in the game than Webster. WIll he go to Chelsea or Manchester United? IMO no. I do like him being linked with them though, it cannot do his value any harm.

Yeah I agree with the opinion that they may be looking to buy the potential. Only thing is is that he's 23, soon to be 24 so not exactly the promising youngster anymore.

I suppose what may happen is Man U or Chelsea may buy Berra then loan him out to a team in the same league or Chelsea may loan him to PSV as they seem to have a link up with them. Perhaps if he does well for the team he's loaned to then he may get a chance. It's all just ifs and buts at the moment tho.

Really hope we don't lose him or Driver in January as I feel they are important players for us. Not too bothered about Kingston, he is too inconsistent.

He's only been linked to Man Utd by our manager talking out his arse.

It's clearly total nonsense - Berra would be lucky to get on the bench for the Man Utd reserves and anyone who thinks otherwise really needs their heads examined.

Berra's a slightly above average SPL player - no more that that.

Berra wouldn't get close to Manc U or Chelski 1st team

Hi is an average SPL player but is not ready for the EPL

it was only a few months back he was getting slated on here and posters wanted him stripped of the captaincy etc

Archived