Jackie McNamara

d(>_<)b

I've just seen the "tackle" that warranted his red card today. Steve Claridge on Setanta said he should get 6 months for it.

He should. It's a shocker.

It just looks badly judged to me as to deliberate.

Probably doesnt help that he is used to getting away with stuff like that for the majority of his career.

I've just seen the "tackle" that warranted his red card today. Steve Claridge on Setanta said he should get 6 months for it.

He should. It's a shocker.

He should - for GBH, at one of Her Majesty's finest hotels. Jesus H Tapdancing Christ! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

chester copperpot

I have known Jackie Mac since we were 12 year old. Very very unlike him.

You can put the Anti Cellick slant on it, but thats not like him at all. He got his leg broken with a guy that had been brought in to toughen us up when we were together at Dunfermline.

The guy broke his leg in the first tackle stopping Jackie going through on goal. Jackie never once put in a bad tackle since then. Actually stopped him going on our tour to Canada when we were in the U-15's together.

I know I'll prob still get pro Cellick comments for this, but there's no way the wee man would've meant to hurt someone.

In saying that, it looks totally horrible. The thing is though, he couldnae kick **** off a dyke.

There isn't a snowball in hells chance that was "mis-timed".

I agree - sort of style his boss played with, but even worse

You can put the Anti Cellick slant on it, but thats not like him at all. He got his leg broken with a guy that had been brought in to toughen us up when we were together at Dunfermline.

The guy broke his leg in the first tackle stopping Jackie going through on goal. Jackie never once put in a bad tackle since then. Actually stopped him going on our tour to Canada when we were in the U-15's together.

I know I'll prob still get pro Cellick comments for this, but there's no way the wee man would've meant to hurt someone.

In saying that, it looks totally horrible. The thing is though, he couldnae kick **** off a dyke.

Yeah I actually quite liked him even if he was a Celtic player. Was surprised when Celtic let him go and after his injuries at Wolves he's been pretty much finished. I don't recall him ever being dirty when he was at Celtic but to be fair I didn't go to that many Hearts-Celtic games until a few years ago. Still doesn't excuse what he did yesterday though. Could it be a career ending 'tackle' in the sense that he's given a massive ban so he packs in playing?

chester copperpot
Yeah I actually quite liked him even if he was a Celtic player. Was surprised when Celtic let him go and after his injuries at Wolves he's been pretty much finished. I don't recall him ever being dirty when he was at Celtic but to be fair I didn't go to that many Hearts-Celtic games until a few years ago. Still doesn't excuse what he did yesterday though. Could it be a career ending 'tackle' in the sense that he's given a massive ban so he packs in playing?

Just giving my opinion, but this is one where Im a bit bias.

Cant help it, Jackie Mac's dad was pretty awesome to me growing up playing for Dunfermline for a year.

Before I got released as I wasn't good enough. :mad:

Generic Username

I'd hate to think what would have happened if that'd been a Hearts player making that tackle.

No doubt something as mad as a 6 month ban would get dished out.

southside1874

Jackie would go to my grannies house for his sunday dinner and I know what your saying.

That was a terrible tackle and there was nothing mistimed about it.

Just giving my opinion, but this is one where Im a bit bias.

Cant help it, Jackie Mac's dad was pretty awesome to me growing up playing for Dunfermline for a year.

Before I got released as I wasn't good enough. :mad:

Sorry mate that wasn't meant to sound like I was arguing with you or anything like that. I agree that it seems to be out of character for him. But just a horrible challenge and one I would imagine he regrets making and will probably face severe punishment for making.

chester copperpot
Sorry mate that wasn't meant to sound like I was arguing with you or anything like that. I agree that it seems to be out of character for him. But just a horrible challenge and one I would imagine he regrets making and will probably face severe punishment for making.

I know what you're saying mate.

Totally deliberate.

Runs up and stamps in the inside of the boys knee.

Nowhere near the ball. FFS the boy wasn't even going anywhere at the time, just standing still and trying to work the ball out!

Kickback was up in arms over a Boruc challenge the other week that was nowhere near as bad as that.

Skivingatwork

That is a shocker of a challenge, totally deliberate.

The ball is always on the ground, so to go in that high is outrageous, hope he gets the book thrown at him for that one!

I'd hate to think what would have happened if that'd been a Hearts player making that tackle.

No doubt something as mad as a 6 month ban would get dished out.

Miko would end up in camp x-ray

Drylaw Hearts
Kickback was up in arms over a Boruc challenge the other week that was nowhere near as bad as that.

Eh.....

Have you read the responses ?

Skivingatwork

"This is Chick Young Reporting live from Guantanamo Bay where Miko is being held after his attempted murder at the weekend"

(Cue Miko in Orange jumpsuit walking across the shot in the background in handcuffs and leg chains!)

You'll get no anti-Sellick slant here, JM has always come across as a good pro in my eyes and I don't for a minute think that he would ever set out onto the pitch with th intention of harming another player.

That said, it was a horrendous challenge and he should be severely reprimanded.

Say What Again

You know I don't know you personally mate, but I usually agree/laugh at your posts (more so in the Shed).

Not today. That's a horrendous challenge every day of the week whether you knew him at school, or if he played for Celtic, or his Dad played for Hibs.

Shocking challenge.

Skivingatwork

No amount of "He's a nice guy" could ever excuse a challenge like that!

Behind the knee when the ball is clearly on the ground...only one intent there and it's not to play the ball.

Undoubtedly out of character, but a truly horrendous challenge and he should be carpeted for it.

I assume Hamilton was OK?

You know I don't know you personally mate, but I usually agree/laugh at your posts (more so in the Shed).

Not today. That's a horrendous challenge every day of the week whether you knew him at school, or if he played for Celtic, or his Dad played for Hibs.

Shocking challenge.

I agree mate.This guy should never be allowed to play again after that.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I'm biased but he was a c0k at school. Despite being four years older than me he hooked me right in the jaw one day and ran away at a hundred miles an hour because he'd seen me pick up a police cone.

I was also in that club at the east end of George Street one night with Alan McLaren. Jackie McNamara was in (he was still at Celtic then and Alan had just retired). Alan tried to say hello and JM just frickin' growled at him. Christ, it was two grown men trying to say hello to each other. It was embarrassing.

Based on my two encounters with the guy I have to say he's a fandan of the highest order.

I would happily bet my mortgage on Hughes coming out with his usual "He's a good honest lad/pro" line ... Imagine that was Miko on the receiving end, would have been booked for diving !

Drylaw Hearts
I'm biased but he was a c0k at school. Despite being four years older than me he hooked me right in the jaw one day and ran away at a hundred miles an hour because he'd seen me pick up a police cone.

I was also in that club at the east end of George Street one night with Alan McLaren. Jackie McNamara was in (he was still at Celtic then and Alan had just retired). Alan tried to say hello and JM just frickin' growled at him. Christ, it was two grown men trying to say hello to each other. It was embarrassing.

Based on my two encounters with the guy I have to say he's a fandan of the highest order.

I have to be careful of my wording here....

I had an 'incident' with JM in the toilets in Eros and Elite after Celtic luckily beat us at Tynecastle.

He was a smart mouthed feck who was saved from a slap only because of the intervetion of the absolutely huge Jonathon Gould.

Always had a lot of time for him - just a naturally talented player hampered by injuries. But that is shocking. If ever anything was meant to say you're way off the pace and hang up the boots now, that's it. He should watch that a hundred times and come to the only sensible decision.

Jebus H, that's one of the worst "tackles" I've ever seen - and I've seen that photo of Peter Beardsley.

Has his fat braindead rimmer of a manager come out yet?

No, I didn't miss anything out of that last sentence.

:D

i was with my boy in cosco a couple of weeks ago and he pointed JM out in the shop, i said then "he's a baby faced assasin" my boy thought i was kidding, i was not, iv'e seen bad tackles from JM ever since he became a pro, that tackle was not out of character for him

Hans von Luck
I have to be careful of my wording here....

I had an 'incident' with JM in the toilets in Eros and Elite after Celtic luckily beat us at Tynecastle.

He was a smart mouthed feck who was saved from a slap only because of the intervetion of the absolutely huge Jonathon Gould.

Ooooh DH you do disappoint me, Jonathon ****ing Gould. :laugh:

Archived