Craig Gordon not playing for Sunderland again

Geoff Kilpatrick

I reckon this job is tailor made for Big Sam. Plenty of experience of the situation we are in at the moment. My ideal man would be Martin Jol.

I would love to see Jol back in the EPL again.

I reckon this job is tailor made for Big Sam. Plenty of experience of the situation we are in at the moment. My ideal man would be Martin Jol.

What would you think of someone like Dick Advocaat, MM?

Skivingatwork

He got absolutely caned in the press and on MOTD when they lost 7 at Everton, however if I recall, none of them were his fault, it was Carry On defending captained by Frank Drebin.

jack D and coke

The Newcastle thing not bother you? Kinda has got Allardyce's name all over it right enough. Did i read somewhere he's got some connection to Sunderland?

Millfield_Mackem
The Newcastle thing not bother you? Kinda has got Allardyce's name all over it right enough. Did i read somewhere he's got some connection to Sunderland?

Not at all. Only kna-nowts who support us look at the Newcastle link. He's proven to be a good manager in the premier league. He went to newcastle, who had a corrupt chairman, who was only there for the money and didnt have the fans interests at heart. Newcastle have a habit of ruining careers.

Aye, he has. He used to play for us in the 80's. He was also Peter Reids best mate and did a bit of work with our young'uns in 1996.

We should push the boat out for Jol, if not having Allardyce to fall back on shows how far we've came in the last few years.

Dick Advocaat would a fantastic choice, he's always said he wants to manager in this country. Id give him a chance, although he's not the type of manager we need at this moment of time.

A few of us went down to watch the Fulham vs. Sunderland game a couple of months back and were asking a few fans what they thought of CG. One of them said that he "was alreet except for the odd howler, but it's alreet coz he's only 21".

The boy was in tears when I told him CG was actually 26 at the end of the year. !!

Also, can you imagine CG's delight when he heard that they were loaning-out that plum McShane who, along with Titus Bramble must be one of the worst defenders ever to play in the EPL.

He and his girlfriend left Glasgow at 1.30 today on holiday for 10 days. So he won't be playing again soon.

A good goalie needs a strong central defender to work with.

Gordon does not have that at Sunderland.

Fulop is a good goalie, and CG will have to fight for his place.

He is not strong enough in commanding his box, with Pressley and the rest in front of him this did not matter, but the poor defenders he has make his life difficult.

Easily solved by an experienced manager.

Millfield_Mackem
A good goalie needs a strong central defender to work with.

Gordon does not have that at Sunderland.

Fulop is a good goalie, and CG will have to fight for his place.

He is not strong enough in commanding his box, with Pressley and the rest in front of him this did not matter, but the poor defenders he has make his life difficult.

Easily solved by an experienced manager.

Which we now have in Anton Ferdinand who looks a absolute bargain for the 8 million pound price tag that has been bandied about.

Rio and Danny Collins are forming a good partnership, which from past experience ( Nyron and Jonny Evans) brought the best put of him.

Craig has alot of work to do to regain the shirt. Which is the best thing for it. Keeping him on his toes and showing that he isnt a guarenteed started will raise his game. I hope.

Which we now have in Anton Ferdinand who looks a absolute bargain for the 8 million pound price tag that has been bandied about.

Rio and Danny Collins are forming a good partnership, which from past experience ( Nyron and Jonny Evans) brought the best put of him.

Craig has alot of work to do to regain the shirt. Which is the best thing for it. Keeping him on his toes and showing that he isnt a guarenteed started will raise his game. I hope.

your results with Gordon in the team this season (bar the Bolton game when he was clearly knacked) have been a hell of a lot better than when Fulop has played. of the games Gordon's missed you've won 1 and lost the rest.

He was in good form before his injury after a shaky start to his career down there, continuing where he'd left off last season. Will have to rebuild after his injury but i'm sure he will.

Archived