January Squad Trimming

Jamboscanbevicius

Jamboscanbevicius

All the talk is about us selling players for the transfer fees. Now granted an injection of a couple of million would probably see our cash flow ok for a while, but surely January should be more about continuing to get the overall wage bill down again?

If we could get ?2-3m for Kingston to see the cash flow alright I would like to see us extending contracts for the likes of Aguiar and Karipidis who I think are out of contract in the summer.

The biggest thing though would be to get the overall wage bill down further so that the weekly overheads are reduced on an ongoing basis. If we can find takers (which may not be that easy for some), I would release:

- Makela

- Cesnauskis

- Elliott

- Basso

- Palazuelos (maybe)

And cancel the loan deals for:

- Balogh

- Tullberg

- Ksanavicius

I am guessing that would shave ?10-15k a week off the wage bill. With a lot of good young guys coming through I would be happy to sign just one player - a busy striker in the mould of a Scott McDonald/Noel Hunt type player.

Kingston, Berra and Driver will be away in the January window. Depends what Aguiar wants but i'd expect him to leave too. Get ready for young lads getting blooded early.

You clearly dont understand the point of money saving.

You dont save money releasing players as you need to pay them off up front, and thus interest on that sum for longer.

If you can pursuade someone to take them or them to take less then fair enough, but dont see what any of them have to gain from that.

I reckon the likes of makela will happily see out their contracts.

Jamboscanbevicius

Prancer, why do you need to be so brave behind your keyboard and always seek to be confrontational?

My post does not suggest that we should pay them off to get rid of them. What it clearly states is that (in my opinion) if we can get someone to take these players on free transfers then it would get them off the wage bill.

My post acknowledges that this may not be easy. Of course some will be happy to sit and pick up the wages for not playing. But if we can find clubs to take them on free transfers then we should do so!

This would save money from the weekly wage bill. How does this possibly show a lack of understanding?

FWIW I think Makela would walk back to his old club to get a regular game on less money.

Teuchterjambo
Prancer, why do you need to be so brave behind your keyboard and always seek to be confrontational?

My post does not suggest that we should pay them off to get rid of them. What it clearly states is that (in my opinion) if we can get someone to take these players on free transfers then it would get them off the wage bill.

My post acknowledges that this may not be easy. Of course some will be happy to sit and pick up the wages for not playing. But if we can find clubs to take them on free transfers then we should do so!

This would save money from the weekly wage bill. How does this possibly show a lack of understanding?

FWIW I think Makela would walk back to his old club to get a regular game on less money.

Developing your argument even if a club were unwilling to pay eg) Makela the same wages you could still come to an agreement that Hearts continue to pay say 50% of his wages till his contract expires. You are still reducing the wage bill significantly week on week.

Archived