Your gut feeling?

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Very few (if any) on this board are privvy to our clubs finances, all we know is what we hear or read. What is your true feeling of how things will pan out?

Me? I think we are in serious doo doo......even deeper than maybe the media think, I honestly believe administration in only round the corner. Our madman owner has always been late at paying bills, but this time is very different, even the blind can see that. Do Ubig/VR have cash left? I reckon they are potless! VR will have his personal fortune safely tucked away where it cant be touched.

There are hard times ahead soon, maybe we should be praying that guys like McGrail et al, will be able (or willing) to ressurect whatever corpe Romanov and Ubig leave behind. A bit melodramatic? perhaps, but a lot of people need to get their nappers out the sand and see just how serious this is.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I think the endgame of Vlad's rule has begun.

We will have to sell Berra, Driver and Kingston and maybe Wallace in January as they are our only realisable playing assets.

The money brought in for them will see us through the season. Maybe. Unless it goes in Vlad's pocket or UBIG take it up.

Csaba will walk before the end of the season.

A team of youngsters and any old dross we can pick up in January will just keep us in the SPL.

Vlad will then sell us at a loss. Hopefully the new buyer will be far better at running a football club than the last two clowns.

I hope and pray most of this does not happen.

Except Vlad leaving and selling us to a more trustworthy owner.

I'm usually quite positive but it is hard to see anything good coming out of this debacle.

The thing that strikes me is that if we hadn't won 5 out of 5 there would be absolute mass ****ing hysteria on here.

Suppose at the end of the day we are just holding on to that and the hope that things will work out in the end on the financial front.

Christ knows what the future holds.

I think that there are literally hundred's of companies out there who are in real danger of going bust as they are no longer being given extended credit. It's hard to see how this cannot also be the case with many football clubs, who lets face have lived above their means for years.

If our bank sticks with us we'll get through this, however if they cannot afford to and pull the plug we're fecked, and I suspect we'll not be the only ones.

If this happens and we do go into administration I suspect we will come out of it in the longer term and will probably have to start living within our means, which frankly might not be a bad thing (if we survive of course).

I also think other clubs in Scotland who may laugh at or demise may not be far behind us if things really do go into melt down in the financial world.

Can't say I'd be upset if we went into administration TBH. Would do the club good to cut some fat.

The only thing I'm worried about is losing Tynecastle. And whether I have enough beer in the fridge or if I have to go to the shops.

This is how I presently view things (and note: this is just my opinion, and nothing more):

1. Pretty much all of our top earners will go in January, the money being used to pay creditors and keep the club running.

2. But there'll still be debt left afterwards, and I believe UBIG are heading into deeper and deeper trouble. Meaning another wages fiasco at some point - and this time, the club will find it far harder to find the cash to deal with it.

3. By March/April, the full extent of our plight will be obvious, and we'll be praying for a buyer to be found.

4. In the summer, after further players have left, a buyer will come forward, and purchase us for a cut price figure. Hopefully, they'll be able to come to an arrangement to keep us at Tynecastle, but we'll have to see.

I'm convinced we have very serious problems ahead; but I'm even more convinced that we'll get through them, and someone serious will buy us. All just my opinion, as I've said; and all we can do is wait and see.

Charlie-Brown

A different hearts team post january to the team that plays now will scrape us into a european place and top 6 finish come the end of the season...we will also finish above Hibernian.

Players will leave in january and probably a few fans favourites and that will be disheartening and disappointing but ultimately will help to safeguard the club financially.

The younger players will come in and give their best and csaba might make a couple of signings that might not excite people but new heroes will always emerge and some players will surprise us and become our new key players.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger and Hearts won't die and don't forget our rivals will start suffering to an extent as well over the coming months.

Hearts are still the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, that will never change. :)

scott herbertson

pretty bad, but not melt down

looks to me as if we are paying no one (including our own players ) until we have to

Could just be a romanov state of mind I think

My theory goes (imagine I'm VR) :

businesses are going bust everywhere

the Hearts part of my operation has been losing money

there are measures to turn that round (shifting to youth, divesting ourselves of the high earners) ...but it's taking a long time to turn around

less revenue at the gates and probably even less when unemployment rises

So

pay no one until I have to (increases cash in hand)

hope some of the creditors go bust or settle on the cheap

re-schedule players salaries to suit the club, not the players

re-schedule bonuses, everything

flog off everything that moves except Laslo's core players and any youth whose value might increase later

suspend the building plans

bunker in ans sit out the recession

come out at the other end with a leaner Hearts with some good valuable young players, then have another look at the stadium etc

I hope that's how it is

If not, we're heading pan-ward

My gut feeling is that we need to find alternative income streams.

Since the advent of all seater stadia, football clubs of our size and support cannot survive on the traditional incomes generated by gate receipts/season tickets/merchandise.

Any ideas? ;):help::cat::goofy:

Charlie-Brown

Since the advent of all seater stadia, football clubs of our size and support cannot survive on the traditional incomes generated by gate receipts/season tickets/merchandise.

Football clubs can / must ultimately survive on the money they bring in - it's is perfectly possible it just might not be too palatable for many.

Here's one. At every home game, Hearts charge ten pounds a go for punters to roll up and throw sponges and assorted gunge at Roman Romanov, who's trapped in the stocks. I think it'd be a winner!

Here's one. At every home game, Hearts charge ten pounds a go for punters to roll up and throw sponges and assorted gunge at Roman Romanov, who's trapped in the stocks. I think it'd be a winner!

I like it!!!:cheese::4_1_111::thumbs_up::fing10::Funny-Post::4_1_72:

I think we would be ****ed if it wasnt for the jan transfer window.

Once that comes I reckon we'll make 4mill and be fine... short term.

Long term I have no idea.

How much for a brick?

How much for a brick?

I see your brick, and raise you a machine gun. But I'm sure Rodney'd be ok - he'd just have to hope the fans were as inept in front of the target as Jamie Mole...

Jambof3tornado

Given the value of land being much lower now than a few years ago, if we went into administration would Vlad be able to let one of his other companies buy the ground at a fraction of the value allowing us to continue to use it?

Also given the way Motherwell got through administation would it be that bad a thing for us,given the much larger fanbase??

Vlad is a businessman 1st and foremost and running the club at a profit will be his prime goal,so getting rid of excessively expensive players during the current climate is hardly surprising,baring in mind that the clubs income is down also due to the stay away fans.

As for stories about companies taking us to court etc etc,its all just paper selling.

We move some players on in January, maybe guys like Makela and Cesnauskas who hardly ever play.

We bring in others on bosman or sign them on pre-contract for next season.

If we have to move on 1st team players then we have to look to replace them and we carry on from there.

Football clubs can / must ultimately survive on the money they bring in - it's is perfectly possible it just might not be too palatable for many.

Who says so? :dontgetit::mw_confused::mystic::omg:

I think the endgame of Vlad's rule has begun.

We will have to sell Berra, Driver and Kingston and maybe Wallace in January as they are our only realisable playing assets.

The money brought in for them will see us through the season. Maybe. Unless it goes in Vlad's pocket or UBIG take it up.

Csaba will walk before the end of the season.

A team of youngsters and any old dross we can pick up in January will just keep us in the SPL.

Vlad will then sell us at a loss. Hopefully the new buyer will be far better at running a football club than the last two clowns.

I hope and pray most of this does not happen.

Except Vlad leaving and selling us to a more trustworthy owner.

I don't wish to argue with you one way or the other but it's maybe worth pointing out that the only major trophies we have won in the last few decades have been won under the last two clowns.

portobellojambo1
Your gut feeling?
I really don't know. We can comment on how the team are playing on the park, how good certain players are etc. etc., but I cannot comment on the medium to long term safety and future of the club, because in relation to the finance side I don't, in fact none of us, know or is ever likely to be told what exactly Romanov's plans are, or what access to finance he has, both within and out with his business portfolio.

Of course we can speculate, and two choices are available, either we sink or we swim.

At this point in time I am looking no further ahead than tomorrow's game at Fir Park, I don't really see the point in working myself up over something I cannot control or influence, me worrying about HMFC's finances are not going to make them get worse or better.

Have the club done much/anything to stave off the bad publicity of recent months relative to off the field happenings, not really, but I do not know if that is through choice or not.

This crunch is hitting HMFC like it will eventually hit virtually every company, irrespective of size, we just don't seem to have the people able or willing to deal with, or deflect, the flak at this time.

Given the value of land being much lower now than a few years ago, if we went into administration would Vlad be able to let one of his other companies buy the ground at a fraction of the value allowing us to continue to use it?

Also given the way Motherwell got through administation would it be that bad a thing for us,given the much larger fanbase??

Vlad is a businessman 1st and foremost and running the club at a profit will be his prime goal,so getting rid of excessively expensive players during the current climate is hardly surprising,baring in mind that the clubs income is down also due to the stay away fans.

As for stories about companies taking us to court etc etc,its all just paper selling.

Administration wouldn't be a disaster as long as:

a) We don't lose Tynecastle

B) We aren't relegated as a result

But UBIG are desperate to avoid administration. They're screwed if it happens; and if it did, Vlad would lose any control over what happened.

I don't wish to argue with you one way or the other but it's maybe worth pointing out that the only major trophies we have won in the last few decades have been won under the last two clowns.

Indeed. Funny old world, isn't it!

The prognosis is not looking good, but then it hasn't since the day Burley was booted.

We will survive. Albeit missing a few bits.

Only positive I can see is the Russian\Lithuanian feckwit will lose out.

scott herbertson

Only positive I can see is the Russian\Lithuanian feckwit will lose out.

I doubt it very much

businessmen who make millions tend to have a strategy which means everyone else loses

:mad:

My gut feeling is that we need to amass as many points as we can before the January transfer window and hope we can hold on to a top 6 place.

Maybe even top 4 at a push, but I don't think it's going to make pretty viewing.

My gut feeling is that we'll survive. Unfortunately I think it'll be without a stadium that we own. Wouldn't want to take a stab at what'd happen after that

My gut feeling is that we'll survive. Unfortunately I think it'll be without a stadium that we own. Wouldn't want to take a stab at what'd happen after that

So that's exactly where Romanov came in.

But we've had a exciting ride and won the cup in between.

And spunked about another 15 mill or thereabouts when the likes of Gordon's transfer fee should have been clearing the debt. Aye, Romaknob has done a wonderful job.

It might get messy but we will survive, and we will still be at Tynecastle. We may be renting it from someone, but we will stay where we are.

134 years old and we have had problems in the past, we survived them too.

Not sure why I think the above, just my gut feeling.

Drylaw Hearts

I think the first year and a bit were exciting and the rest has been a stomach churning rollercoaster ride.

Now were nearing the end I'm feeling sick.

siegementality
Very few (if any) on this board are privvy to our clubs finances, all we know is what we hear or read. What is your true feeling of how things will pan out?

Me? I think we are in serious doo doo......even deeper than maybe the media think, I honestly believe administration in only round the corner. Our madman owner has always been late at paying bills, but this time is very different, even the blind can see that. Do Ubig/VR have cash left? I reckon they are potless! VR will have his personal fortune safely tucked away where it cant be touched.

There are hard times ahead soon, maybe we should be praying that guys like McGrail et al, will be able (or willing) to ressurect whatever corpe Romanov and Ubig leave behind. A bit melodramatic? perhaps, but a lot of people need to get their nappers out the sand and see just how serious this is.

http://www.cargolaw.com/images/Singles06.****-Creek.GIF

I really don't know. We can comment on how the team are playing on the park, how good certain players are etc. etc., but I cannot comment on the medium to long term safety and future of the club, because in relation to the finance side I don't, in fact none of us, know or is ever likely to be told what exactly Romanov's plans are, or what access to finance he has, both within and out with his business portfolio.

Of course we can speculate, and two choices are available, either we sink or we swim.

At this point in time I am looking no further ahead than tomorrow's game at Fir Park, I don't really see the point in working myself up over something I cannot control or influence, me worrying about HMFC's finances are not going to make them get worse or better.

Have the club done much/anything to stave off the bad publicity of recent months relative to off the field happenings, not really, but I do not know if that is through choice or not.

This crunch is hitting HMFC like it will eventually hit virtually every company, irrespective of size, we just don't seem to have the people able or willing to deal with, or deflect, the flak at this time.

I'd say I'm in the same boat as PJ1. If we weren't coming up for the transfer window I think I'd be quite worried, but we will sell players and hopefully things will ease off. Whether that will stave off all trouble or it will just put it off for a while I have no idea. Whatever happens we take it one day at a time and make the most of it - starting tomorrow where I have a feeling we'll have one of the best atmospheres at a game in a long time.

Drylaw Hearts

Just a thought......

What if we need another injection of cash in the Summer ?

There won't be another sellable asset within the squad.

Well nobody that could raise a couple of million if needed.

Just a thought......

What if we need another injection of cash in the Summer ?

There won't be another sellable asset within the squad.

Well nobody that could raise a couple of million if needed.

That's why I think things will come finally to a head in the summer, DH.

That's why I think things will come finally to a head in the summer, DH.

It's alright,we can make money out of throwing things at Roman Vladiminovich!

:cheese::kickhat::thumb::peek_by_Andrin:

lost in leith
Administration wouldn't be a disaster as long as:

a) We don't lose Tynecastle

B) We aren't relegated as a result

But UBIG are desperate to avoid administration. They're screwed if it happens; and if it did, Vlad would lose any control over what happened.

Administration is a voluntary act. The difficulty we have is that creditors can petition for winding up of the company. It's an effective tactic, as it forces the company to cough up. However, if the company cannot pay the creditor in full the company may have to elect for administration as the lesser of two evils.

What makes out situation unusual is that our main creditors are other companies in the UBIG group, who are presumably in deep trouble themselves. Their creditors will view the money owed to them by Hearts as 'sub-prime' as it were.

Certain posters on hibs.net will now have their trousers round their ankles and the Kleenex to hand as they fantasise about the ground being sold for housing. However, if it comes to this UBIG's creditors have to be realistic. The market for land is depressed at the moment, and there will be issues with planning. It would take years for creditors to realise any value. They might be tempted to sell the debt on at a significant loss in order to get something back (particularly as UBIG's creditors themselves may have creditors who are squeezing them - who knows?).

What is unknown is if the likes of Deans and the McGrails might be in a position to take advantage of the current position. Wishful thinking obviously, but not out of the question

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Administration is a voluntary act. The difficulty we have is that creditors can petition for winding up of the company. It's an effective tactic, as it forces the company to cough up. However, if the company cannot pay the creditor in full the company may have to elect for administration as the lesser of two evils.

What makes out situation unusual is that our main creditors are other companies in the UBIG group, who are presumably in deep trouble themselves. Their creditors will view the money owed to them by Hearts as 'sub-prime' as it were.

Certain posters on hibs.net will now have their trousers round their ankles and the Kleenex to hand as they fantasise about the ground being sold for housing. However, if it comes to this UBIG's creditors have to be realistic. The market for land is depressed at the moment, and there will be issues with planning. It would take years for creditors to realise any value. They might be tempted to sell the debt on at a significant loss in order to get something back (particularly as UBIG's creditors themselves may have creditors who are squeezing them - who knows?).

What is unknown is if the likes of Deans and the McGrails might be in a position to take advantage of the current position. Wishful thinking obviously, but not out of the question

Interesting stuff and quite heartening.

People are blaming the credit crunch for Hearts ails but that same crunch could actually work to save Tynecastle.

That's why I am hopeful that someone could still come in.

Fozzyonthefence
Interesting stuff and quite heartening.

People are blaming the credit crunch for Hearts ails but that same crunch could actually work to save Tynecastle.

That's why I am hopeful that someone could still come in.

But anybody who had a spare 30 million or whatever it takes to buy us might only have a spare 15 million now due to the stock market crash, etc. I would imagine potential investors will be even harder to find now.

Archived