maybe not the big palava some would have us believe....

droid

Good response. Perhaps we are happy to be attacked on this issue. Keep stoking the fire so long as its under control.

maroonlegions
Good response. Perhaps we are happy to be attacked on this issue. Keep stoking the fire so long as its under control.

True, hope it fires the players up again and they give Murderwell a good seeing too.:)Keep it up media weegies ,for so far its coming right back in your faces.:107years:

I'm sure if he'd said 'aye, it's scandalous we're no getting our wages and the players are totally fecked off by it, I wouldn't be surprised if we got horsed 3-0 tomorrow as morale is so low' it would have been put up on the website.

I actually think the players will be properly motivated, but we're doing ourselves no favours. Stewart is savvy enough not to feed the media frenzy but I wouldn't read everything as being fine because of that.

If your contract states you're paid weekly, then you should be paid weekly. The news is worrying, and I think we, as fans, will grasp on to anything which may paper over the cracks.

Yep the pattern of news does seem to follow what you would expect from a club heading for administration. Hopefully we can address the issue with january sales if that's what it takes to get the long-term plan back on track.

Sadly I doubt all our younger players earn the same as Stewart that they can miss a weeks wage every so often and not be affected.

Also a lot of players may not be as wealthy as him and have the funds sitting around to pay their mortgage as it falls due.

I think asking potentially the most wealthy of the players is a bit of a spin.

I am sure the likes of Jamie Mole, Gary Glen, Lee Wallace, Youth players cant cope quite as well without their 12k a week man utd pay offs:rolleyes:

Yep the pattern of news does seem to follow what you would expect from a club heading for administration. Hopefully we can address the issue with january sales if that's what it takes to get the long-term plan back on track.

your quiet the expert why dont you you give us an example of a similar situation that suggested a club was going into administration?

Glad to hear a united front from the players but lets just hope that it doesnt happen again. Sure its great getting 2 weeks wages at once but must still put the players in a bad position with the banks if their mortgage was due on the unpaid week!!!!!!!

siegementality

Maybe a better idea to wheel in a youth team player on ?200 a week that didn't get paid. I'm not sure he'll be quite so philosophical about not getting paid on time.

Francis Albert

Never mind getting paid late, in the good old days a player turning up to press conference dressed like that would have been docked a week's wages.

Never mind getting paid late, in the good old days a player turning up to press conference dressed like that would have been docked a week's wages.

he looks like he's taken a second job on the bins. which would explain why he's no as fussed about his wages.

Aye,

He looks like a right parafin lamp.

Did he come straight from a night oot?

Anyway, hopefully the players havent been affected and the feel good factor is still alive from last saturday. Fir Park's not a been a happy hunting ground of late and tomorrow would be a good time to rectify that.

Maybe a better idea to wheel in a youth team player on ?200 a week that didn't get paid. I'm not sure he'll be quite so philosophical about not getting paid on time.

I would suggest they have even less to worry about as they'll have little or no financial committments apart from the their next x-box game or night up the town.

I'm not condoning late payment of wages but that is how I would see it.

I would suggest they have even less to worry about as they'll have little or no financial committments apart from the their next x-box game or night up the town.

I'm not condoning late payment of wages but that is how I would see it.

Yes because I am sure that none of our young players, have houses, cars, bills etc to pay.

Some may even have families

non payment of wages isnt minor, unless your like Stewart and have earnt several million in your career at 26.:rolleyes:

your quiet the expert why dont you you give us an example of a similar situation that suggested a club was going into administration?

Alternatively, why don't you provide us drama queens with examples of clubs that have had difficulties paying wages due to technical difficulties which then didn't turn out to be anything sinister?

To answer your question;

Parma

Leeds

Fiorentina

Genk

Dundee

Gretna

i love how both sides churn out the one-upmanship ****e when they have nothing to go on other than assumptions.

Stewart is actually very articulate for a footballer.

He is also close to Csaba

He was the perfect player for the club to role out for this conference

Fir Park's not a been a happy hunting ground of late and tomorrow would be a good time to rectify that.

Not really....not lost in the league at Fir Park since Feb, 2005...

The last 4 league visits to Fir Park have all been wins...they haven't scored a league goal against us at Fir Park since Nov, 2005...

Yes because I am sure that none of our young players, have houses, cars, bills etc to pay.

Some may even have families

non payment of wages isnt minor, unless your like Stewart and have earnt several million in your career at 26.:rolleyes:

Most of which is done monthly, so a weeks wages wont affect much.

Its not like they are on ?90 a week. They earn more than most of us p/w, and we get by.

Ofcourse it's still excellent balanced journalism by our unbiased media in mentioning the fact that the majority of clubs pay monthly.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Fair play to you Michael Stewart. Well said.

Doesn't mean I'm not concerned about our cash flow but MS does say the right things.

He comes across as an decent and articulate guy.

Probably why John Collins could not push him around.

Maybe some managers are not used to their players having a brain.

Andy Driver came out with the same kind of thing in tonight's Evening News.

I think it was great for the guys who have not been paid to come out in this way and speak to the media.

ELIBURN JAMBO(THE ORIGINA
Andy Driver came out with the same kind of thing in tonight's Evening News.

I think it was great for the guys who have not been paid to come out in this way and speak to the media.

I know we're all trying to grasp onto any piece of positive news but the plain and simple facts are HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FC ARE IN THE BROWN STUFF RIGHT UP TO THEIR NECK............ALL THANKS TO THE MIS MANAGEMENT CAUSED BY A MAD EGOSTISICAL LITHUANIAN WHO WANTED NOTICED IN SCOTLAND AND WE GAVE HIM THE STAGE! but his fleecy followers won't say anything against him until we're playing at Almondvale after another club has made way from there due to clowns in charge, under the new name of Livi Hearts which is when we can start getting some of our pride,dignity and most of all identity back. Fek off Romanov and take your suitcase of false promises with you. Signed Eliburn Jambo(Joined the romanov bandwagon in 2006 and jumped off at march 2007)

Bomber Harris
Sadly I doubt all our younger players earn the same as Stewart that they can miss a weeks wage every so often and not be affected.

Also a lot of players may not be as wealthy as him and have the funds sitting around to pay their mortgage as it falls due.

I am sure the likes of Jamie Mole, Gary Glen, Lee Wallace, Youth players cant cope quite as well without their 12k a week man utd pay offs:rolleyes:

Awwwww didums for those poor wee sould who cannot live off a couple of grand a week, i'll ask you they must have some lifestyle if they are getting bank charges onto their accounts.

I'll defy anyone who cannot keep their head above water living off ?350 per week never mind thousands.

Our situation is simple - we cannot continue with a squad costing as much as it does when revenues are down.

Solution - sell 2 or 3 of the 'sellable' players and release other high earners.

End result - poorer team quality wise but money in to stabilise club and a wages ratio to turnover a dam more relasitic that we have witnessed over the last 2 or 3 years.

Painful but it's required.

This process should not be a shock to anyone - it was always going to happen.

Our situation is simple - we cannot continue with a squad costing as much as it does when revenues are down.

Solution - sell 2 or 3 of the 'sellable' players and release other high earners.

End result - poorer team quality wise but money in to stabilise club and a wages ratio to turnover a dam more relasitic that we have witnessed over the last 2 or 3 years.

Painful but it's required.

This process should not be a shock to anyone - it was always going to happen.

Not if we'd actually made it to the group stages of the Champions League.

05-06 was a massive gamble by Vlad.

The outrageous wages and expense on top players (Takis, Janny ect) could only ever have been justified by getting to the group stage.

Ever since we failed to grab that particular cash jackpot, Hearts have been in serious financial trouble.

Selling anyone half decent was a good way of making a little cash but holding on to obvious duds on massive wages (Pinilla, Beslija ect) made no sense at all.

In the football game, you DO have to speculate to accumulate.

We spent a helluva lot of money and then failed to cash in when we had the chance.

Leeds spring to mind at this moment in time and that is a horrendous example that gives me cold shivers up my spine.

If young players are living so "hand to mouth" that they cannot survive a week without their wage then they need to be schooled in economic self-management. As Stewart rightly points out most footballers and indeed most people in this country get paid monthly not weekly.

Stewart is by far the most intelligent and eloquent player that Hearts have so he is the obvious choice to answer the question on behalf of all the players.

Stop being such a shiiiiit-stirrer.

If young players are living so "hand to mouth" that they cannot survive a week without their wage then they need to be schooled in economic self-management. As Stewart rightly points out most footballers and indeed most people in this country get paid monthly not weekly.

Stewart is by far the most intelligent and eloquent player that Hearts have so he is the obvious choice to answer the question on behalf of all the players.

Stop being such a shiiiiit-stirrer.

Hearts are trying to move to monthly pay dates.

Guest JamboRobbo
Hearts are trying to move to monthly pay dates.

Thats just the backup plan mate.

Only to be used if the players don't agree to a move to "whenever we like pay dates". :P

Not really....not lost in the league at Fir Park since Feb, 2005...

The last 4 league visits to Fir Park have all been wins...they haven't scored a league goal against us at Fir Park since Nov, 2005...

I stand corrected, our away form there is better than I thought, weird thing is I've not missed a game at fir park for a few years :eek:

Had some severe memory loss somewhere!

Archived