Time to give youth a chance

andrew

Given that many first team 'stars' maybe moved on in January now must surely be the time to get a few of the youngsters involved.

IMO Brown, Rapnik, McGowan, Husband and Glen have all shown enough in the reserves to be given a chance.

Easing one or two in at a time while the more experienced guys are still here would be a far better shout than throwing them all in at one after the exodus has taken place.

I'd have Brown in at LB on Sat (in place of the suspended Wallace) and at least Glen an Husband on the bench. I'd rather have these guys on the bench ahead of the likes of Makela, Obua and Audrey anyway.

Of course.

We could off-load a few first team players who aren't fit for purpose and free up a LOT of wages...

That's too logical for Mr Romanov however...

Like you said, I'd rather have Glen over Makela, and Templeton over Audrey anyday!

I disagree. I think we'd be best to play the players we are looking to move on. They will be in the shop window and playing to impress potential suitors. More beneficial for us in the short term to play them, I do however realise that this leaves them open to getting injured.

I'm gonna stick with playing a winning team.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

How many games do you think we'll win without Berra, Driver, Kingston, Nade and Aguiar?

If we are as desperate for cash as it sounds whats to say these boys wont also be sold?

I am sure the likes of Glen, Rapnik, Husband, McGowan are not short of admirers and imo will be as likely to be sold as others.

We have far too many players throughout the set up

jamboinglasgow
If we are as desperate for cash as it sounds whats to say these boys wont also be sold?

I am sure the likes of Glen, Rapnik, Husband, McGowan are not short of admirers and imo will be as likely to be sold as others.

We have far too many players throughout the set up

yeah but you dont sell the best players when you have too many. I think these guys will be pushed towards the first team more, and others will have contracts ended or offered to smaller clubs.

I never understand these threads. We have probably the youngest team in the league, we have no first picks over the age of 30 or even close to it and we have a number of players who have come through our youth system.

In what way do we need to play more youngsters?

I do agree that Makela and Ksanavicius are rank though.

Seymour M Hersh
Given that many first team 'stars' maybe moved on in January now must surely be the time to get a few of the youngsters involved.

IMO Brown, Rapnik, McGowan, Husband and Glen have all shown enough in the reserves to be given a chance.

Easing one or two in at a time while the more experienced guys are still here would be a far better shout than throwing them all in at one after the exodus has taken place.

I'd have Brown in at LB on Sat (in place of the suspended Wallace) and at least Glen an Husband on the bench. I'd rather have these guys on the bench ahead of the likes of Makela, Obua and Audrey anyway.

Disagree, if as widely expected we offload a few "stars" in January then we have to keep them in the shop window and they (the players concerned) must keep their standards up if they want clubs to bid.

yeah but you dont sell the best players when you have too many. I think these guys will be pushed towards the first team more, and others will have contracts ended or offered to smaller clubs.

You do when you need money.

you dont make money selling crap or players almost out of contract, I have no doubt we will see the reemergence of the likes of Basso and Ksanivicius as anything we can sell is punted.

jamboinglasgow
You do when you need money.

you dont make money selling crap or players almost out of contract, I have no doubt we will see the reemergence of the likes of Basso and Ksanivicius as anything we can sell is punted.

the point is you sell the older players for the big money and clear the squad of players unlikely to play.

I dont think the players you mentioned will be sold in the near future.

Totally disagree, why on earth would you weaken a winning team INCASE others clubs bid for our better players??

Would it not be better getting points on the board to leave us in a better position IF we are weakened by players sales in January?? Even if this is the case I really can't see how by getting into the team 6 weeks earlier will help either the team or for that matter the individual youngsters?

Players should (and will imho) get their chance when they are ready to make the step up and not because there is newspaper/internet gossip surrounding the futures of our better players!

Charlie-Brown

Having as many points as possible on the board would be the best insurance policy & help to the younger players IF they have to play more later in the season.

If driver, nade, berra and aguiar go in january go kiss european football goodbye.

I think we could cope with Driver,Nade and Berra leaving in Jan With Miko Rapnik and Glen coming in even if Kingston goes we still could claim 3rd imo

It's seems to me like people are building their expectations far too highly. Putting all these young guys into a side which is already very young would be a disaster. Talking about Rapnik being a straight swap for Berra and Glen a straight swap for Nade is just nonsense. These guys are promising but they're nowhere near the finished article. If you put a Berra or a Wallace into the 19's or the reserves they would be a class above the rest and right now Rapnik, Glen, Husband etc look ok in the reserves. But not a class above.

Tough times ahead.

Not what Laso said this week! He said he was concerned over the lack of quality coming through! Big thread on this a couple of days ago.

Charlie-Brown
Not what Laso said this week! He said he was concerned over the lack of quality coming through! Big thread on this a couple of days ago.

Not what Laszlo said this week and clearly you didn't read that thread either...:rolleyes:

Archived