Good news on Aberdeen tickets -- not

dc-jambo

So there are no tickets on sale today for the Aberdeen game, it will be pay-at-the-gate:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1477201,00.html

When last did this happen? Why would it happen, given that we'll take a lot of people to Aberdeen on a holiday weekend?

My uninformed guess is that Aberdeen have refused to send the tickets, preferring to see our cash instead. Paranoid, or what?

The timing is very suspect.......I wish the club would send out some kind of statement to explain the situation. The clubs name is being dragged through the mud once again while Romanov keep sus in the dark.

Drylaw Hearts
So there are no tickets on sale today for the Aberdeen game, it will be pay-at-the-gate:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1477201,00.html

When last did this happen? Why would it happen, given that we'll take a lot of people to Aberdeen on a holiday weekend?

My uninformed guess is that Aberdeen have refused to send the tickets, preferring to see our cash instead. Paranoid, or what?

I would say your guess is pretty much spot on.

I would expect this to happen a lot for the time being, as pointed out, no club is going to want to be a creditor of ours at this point in time.

Drylaw Hearts

The statement says :

"we will no longer selling tickets in advance for this fixture at the request of Grampion Police".

WTF ??

The statement says :

WTF ??

Harder to police a cash gate if you have already sold some tickets possibly?

Tbh I think your earlier guess is spot on.

Aye - I phoned up this morning to get a ticket - only to be told it's pay at the gate.

Aberdeen only informed the club earlier on today?

With all thats in the papers today and yesterday we shouldn't be surprised!

Guest Dipped Flake

Would love to hear what aberdeen are saying about this. Would seem that they read the papers and want to make sure they get the ticket money direct from the fans

Warning to all going up to this game...

Aberdeen pay at the gate is a complete mess as they have the electronic bar code turnstiles..

You need to visit their ticket office in advance of going anywhere near the turnstile and they use a theatre style of ticket system where everyone gets offered a choice of seat...(and of course this takes twice as long..)

Everyone (home and away) uses the same single door to get into the ticket office and the que when we had advance ticket sales was still 30-40 minutes long....goodness knows what kind of mess we will see this time...

Tip for the day...get to the ground early!!!

I bought 3 tickets this morning, they are posting them out tonight.

Just phoned them to confirm that this is still the case and they said they are fine, so tickets bought are ok.

only cash at the gate from now on though.

something smells funny here.

And the word I just heard at Greggs in Leith is that the hobos have yet to receive payment for the tickets that we sold for the last derby match ...

While not ignoring our financial problems Aberdeen have their own financial issues and this could be as much about their predicament as it could be about ours.

Nucky Thompson

I think this is great news. A lot of people who never bought tickets might wake up on the 27th and decide they need a day out at the football.

sounds magic -- three thousand of us can then queue up in the snow at the portocabin where you have to buy tickets, which has two sales people, if i remember right, and incidentally is on the opposite side of the ground from the away-end turnstiles ;)

sounds magic -- three thousand of us can then queue up in the snow at the portocabin where you have to buy tickets, which has two sales people, if i remember right, and incidentally is on the opposite side of the ground from the away-end turnstiles ;)

Nope - the ticket office at Pittoddrie is behind the Dick Donald stand - just round the corner from the away end turnstiles

I think this is great news. A lot of people who never bought tickets might wake up on the 27th and decide they need a day out at the football.

See me for transport;);)

I recall that used to be the set up.

Don't expect to see many more all ticket away matches this season. Rangers and Hibs away and then depending whether we get top 6 Celtic away but I can see the other clubs look to get us paying at the gate to ensure they get the cash.

Warning to all going up to this game...

Aberdeen pay at the gate is a complete mess as they have the electronic bar code turnstiles..

You need to visit their ticket office in advance of going anywhere near the turnstile and they use a theatre style of ticket system where everyone gets offered a choice of seat...(and of course this takes twice as long..)

Everyone (home and away) uses the same single door to get into the ticket office and the que when we had advance ticket sales was still 30-40 minutes long....goodness knows what kind of mess we will see this time...

Tip for the day...get to the ground early!!!

Total rubbish.

You pay for your ticket at the gate, swide the barcode on the ticket, and the turnstile opens.

Bear in mind that the away end holds around over 2,000 fans - I'd be surprised if that many Jambos came up here for the game.

The ticket office is often used by home fans picking up tickets before the game (ordered by phone etc). I'd be rather surprised if PC Plod would allow AFC to allow over 1,000 away fans queue up for tickets next to the home supporters.

Nucky Thompson
Don't expect to see many more all ticket away matches this season. Rangers and Hibs away and then depending whether we get top 6 Celtic away but I can see the other clubs look to get us paying at the gate to ensure they get the cash.
That suits me fine.

boabyarsebiscuit
I bought 3 tickets this morning, they are posting them out tonight.

Just phoned them to confirm that this is still the case and they said they are fine, so tickets bought are ok.

only cash at the gate from now on though.

something smells funny here.

Sorry mate, but I recommend you "triple check" ...

Dear Away Scheme Member,

As you may have read on the Official Hearts Website Aberdeen have changed our match on the 27th of December to all cash turnstiles at the request of the Grampian Police and as a result we will be unable to supply you with match tickets for this game.

Sorry for any inconveinence this has caused but we were only informed of the change this morning.

If you requested bus tickets can you please confirm if you still require them.

Kind Regards

That suits me fine.

Yep. It means it's easier to decide on a Saturday morning whether to bother or not ! ;)

MackaysCentreSpot

Unless your Motherwell FC of course. :rolleyes:

boabyarsebiscuit

I have a suggestion for any players who read Kickback.

If you are still getting compo's for Pittodrie can you organise a "give them to a fan" Christmas jamboree?

First off can Lee Wallace and Michael Stewart pop into the Oak Inn and donate 4 tickets for Boaby and family, and Towzer. You don't have to go out your way, maybe the next time Lee is getting a Pizza from Dominos. Just stick them behind the bar, although you'll likely catch Towzer in.

Many Thanks.

Total rubbish.

You pay for your ticket at the gate, swide the barcode on the ticket, and the turnstile opens.

Bear in mind that the away end holds around over 2,000 fans - I'd be surprised if that many Jambos came up here for the game.

The ticket office is often used by home fans picking up tickets before the game (ordered by phone etc). I'd be rather surprised if PC Plod would allow AFC to allow over 1,000 away fans queue up for tickets next to the home supporters.

Thanks mate...every so often a post comes up on message boards that reminds me that most of the info posted on the net is 100% made up or, at best, guess work...

The last time Hearts went to Aberdeen was on the 26th January, 2008.

On that day all Hearts fans hoping to "pay on the gate" were sent by the police and the stewards away from fenced off section where away fans enter the ground back on to the main round and round to the main ticket office where we joined the que alongside the home supporters. There were large numbers of us forced to do this, in fact I missed kick off (just!) even though I was at the ground at roughly 2.15pm (If I had known to go straight to the main Ticket Office on arrival I would probably have seen the kick off)

If you have an actual update to this, or have been to Aberdeen more recently, perhaps to watch another match, then please state that rather than simply saying "rubbish". My information and hopefully help to other Jambos was based entirely on personal experience.

Thanks mate...every so often a post comes up on message boards that reminds me that most of the info posted on the net is 100% made up or, at best, guess work...

The last time Hearts went to Aberdeen was on the 26th January, 2008.

On that day all Hearts fans hoping to "pay on the gate" were sent by the police and the stewards away from fenced off section where away fans enter the ground back on to the main round and round to the main ticket office where we joined the que alongside the home supporters. There were large numbers of us forced to do this, in fact I missed kick off (just!) even though I was at the ground at roughly 2.15pm (If I had known to go straight to the main Ticket Office on arrival I would probably have seen the kick off)

If you have an actual update to this, or have been to Aberdeen more recently, perhaps to watch another match, then please state that rather than simply saying "rubbish". My information and hopefully help to other Jambos was based enitrely on personal experience.

Fair enough Graham. This season fans have been able to pay at the gate. I am a season ticket holder at AFC - friends who are fans of Dundee United and Killie who have attended games as away fans in the South Stand were able to pay at the gate and swipe their ticket immediately afterwards.

This is the same system that applies for home fans who pay at the gate too.

Was the game you were referring to originally planned to be all-ticket for HMFC fans, and then perhaps all the tickets were not sold out?

Fair enough Graham. This season fans have been able to pay at the gate. I am a season ticket holder at AFC - friends who are fans of Dundee United and Killie who have attended games as away fans in the South Stand were able to pay at the gate and swipe their ticket immediately afterwards.

Was the game you were referring to originally planned to be all-ticket for HMFC fans, and then perhaps all the tickets were not sold out?

that game was originally all-ticket, yes

John Boy Junior

hmmm i was planning on going to this one, but if its a cold, wet day, the last thing you want to be doing is standing in a 30-40 minute queue at todders, waiting to buy a ticket.

i\'ve not missed a game in a while, but this could be the first. in saying that, wait till the day of the game and i\'ll change my mind as usual.

No problem...and that is a 100% improvement on the last time we were there. In fact the process you have now is exactly as we were suggesting to the police and stewards at the match...

No idea if the plan was for all ticket or not to be honest.

Sorry mate, but I recommend you "triple check" ...

just triple checked and they said my briefs are ok, doesn't mean i believe them though...i won't believe them till i am sitting in pitawdry with them.

boabyarsebiscuit
just triple checked and they said my briefs are ok, doesn't mean i believe them though...i won't believe them till i am sitting in pitawdry with them.

OK, good luck.

Hopefully Lee Wallace and Michael Stewart have already dropped ours off at the Oak.

if the end does sell out, who's looking forward to a wasted 250 mile round trip?

Even if everybody buys a ticket for a friend and there are a magnificent 7 extra coachloads I think we'll still be okay to get in ...:)

Seymour M Hersh
OK, good luck.

Hopefully Lee Wallace and Michael Stewart have already dropped ours off at the Oak.

I've seen them both in Agenda (MS as recently as 3 weeks ago) bu never in the Oak!:eek:

boabyarsebiscuit
I've seen them both in Agenda (MS as recently as 3 weeks ago) bu never in the Oak!:eek:

Maybe they're barred from the Oak ;) It's a classy joint.

OK, good luck.

and now quadruple checked with the lovely emmily at the TO who assures me my tickets are fine. Aberdeen didn't contact hearts until after they had started selling them. Possibly i am the only person with any tickets fior the match....london jambo you offering a price on some rare specimens??:)

glasgow sheep

Given the pathetic supports most clubs bring to Pittodrie I'd be amazed if all teams have to buy tickets in advance. There must be facilities to buy tickets at the gate, in fact there are several cash gates in the aberdeen ends every week.

Also have to laugh at the lad suggesting there will be 3000 of you coming up....when the hell did that last happen, given it is a larger crowd than our current away end capacity

Archived