The Heart of Midlothian support

Winston Ingram

Winston Ingram

Ok, in the midst of all this madness only a couple of things are plain..

1) The current playing staff have made financial sacrificies to keep things ticking over.

2) The same playing staff have worked their boll***s off to win us five games on the bounce despite off field troubles.

Compare to even 18 months ago, and even taking into account the fact these guys are well paid anyway. We have a valuable unity. On Saturday, and for the home game v Dundee United, fill the Hearts end and sing like **** to get behind these boys. That's what all true Heart of Midlothian supporters should do.

The added incentive.. any potential investor/owners would see that we have the support and passion as a club that can recover from the bad times.

Now, again, is the time to stand up and be counted. Sod the regime, as supporters we should only want to be interested in the players anyway. These players have proved themselves good lads.. they deserve backing.

GORGIE RULES!!

You were doing so well until you mentioned "true fans" - cue the usual debate!

FWIW I totally agree with your sentiments and will battle through the NE snow to get to Motherwell on Saturday.

We could go 12 points ahead of the Hobos on Saturday - at least that would give us a retort to the 'admin' jibes - we'd still be above them.

Winston Ingram
You were doing so well until you mentioned "true fans" - cue the usual debate!

FWIW I totally agree with your sentiments and will battle through the NE snow to get to Motherwell on Saturday.

We could go 12 points ahead of the Hobos on Saturday - at least that would give us a retort to the 'admin' jibes - we'd still be above them.

LOL!! Didnt mean to start a "true fans" debate at all.. Merely one about priority. Back the team- if you dont do it now, you never will.

**** off Hibernian.

Good shout. We were there before The Pieman and Vlad and we'll be there after em. The only power we really have is the power to get behind the manager and the team. For them to be where they are just now with all that is going on is top notch.

LOL!! Didnt mean to start a "true fans" debate at all.. Merely one about priority. Back the team- if you dont do it now, you never will.

**** off Hibernian.

The thing is, given the attendances this season, a full house against Dundee Utd might just send the right kind of signal to Lithuania. Who knows but surely it's worth a go?

Sean & his buddies could have a "Let's get right behind our Hearts" day - a positive protest!

Drylaw Hearts

1) The current playing staff have made financial sacrificies to keep things ticking over.

2) The same playing staff have worked their boll***s off to win us five games on the bounce despite off field troubles.

Compare to even 18 months ago, and even taking into account the fact these guys are well paid anyway. We have a valuable unity. On Saturday, and for the home game v Dundee United, fill the Hearts end and sing like **** to get behind these boys. That's what all true Heart of Midlothian supporters should do.

The added incentive.. any potential investor/owners would see that we have the support and passion as a club that can recover from the bad times.

Now, again, is the time to stand up and be counted. Sod the regime, as supporters we should only want to be interested in the players anyway. These players have proved themselves good lads.. they deserve backing.

GORGIE RULES!!

Good post with the exception of the use of that Hobo phrase.

The players deserve a lot of credit for their efforts.

The Board, UBIG and Vladimir Romanov however deserve all the sheeiite they get hit with.

GORGIE RULES!!

Great post and I like the positive protest idea.

I'm up for it!

Drylaw Hearts
The thing is, given the attendances this season, a full house against Dundee Utd might just send the right kind of signal to Lithuania. Who knows but surely it's worth a go?

I don't think for a minute you really believe a sell-out v Utd will make one blind bit of difference Iain.

If they can't muster up ?40k per week to pay the players now when these players have put together 5 wins on the trot then what is going to change by selling 1500 more tickets than we did last weekend ?

Nothing whatsoever.

I don't think for a minute you really believe a sell-out v Utd will make one blind bit of difference Iain.

If they can't muster up ?40k per week to pay the players now when these players have put together 5 wins on the trot then what is going to change by selling 1500 more tickets than we did last weekend ?

Nothing whatsoever.

Aye, OK then - let's go back to wringing our hands. I wasn't coming at this from a financial perspective........read the OP.

Drylaw Hearts
Aye, OK then - let's go back to wringing our hands. I wasn't coming at this from a financial perspective........read the OP.

What other perspective is there to look at ??

When you mention Lithuania the only link is financial.

They don't care about the club one bit - if they did they would't have dragged us down to the level we're at.

Not being able to afford to pay players wages is a disgrace and shows very, very bad management.

Thats not the first time I've used that phrase over the ;ast 2 and a bit years.

chester copperpot

GORGIE RULES!!

I think you're spot on, and what's more, this is the stance I have decided to take. Its not about the owners, its about our football club.

GORGIE RULES!!

Good call , cmon the hearts , feck everyone else in the whole world especially hibs:)

Guest JamboRobbo

Great post. Agree entirely.

That team have given us something we haven't had in yearts - pride! I was thinking about this last night and it would not surprise me if the likes of Christophe Berra are telling the rest of the dressing room to get their heads down and do it for the fans as we have been great over the last few games. Just do not let it slip in to the shocking booing or you may well see the players level of care slip.

That is all we want from players really. Even if we end up in the third division with a bunch of kids and journeymen, all you want from your team is effort and passion. HMFC will never die as long as there are characters like that in the team and as long as we show the same commitment.

If I ever see Roman Romanov again, I will be in Sunny Saughton for the rest of my natural.

Stick together. United we stand.

GORGIE RULES!!

If anything it will be our last few chances to watch our current team in its entirety and show them how grateful we are for there efforts thus far... because I really do fear the transfer window opening in January it will not be good for our club.:sad:

GORGIE RULES!!

Amen to that!

That is all we want from players really. Even if we end up in the third division with a bunch of kids and journeymen, all you want from your team is effort and passion. HMFC will never die as long as there are characters like that in the team and as long as we show the same commitment.

Aye, we have no god given right to be a top team however as long as there are players who care then thats all you can ask for.

Superb post and, as you so rightly say, it is what all supporters should be doing. Stuart Bathgate, John Greechan, and all bu**er off and leave us alone.

I really think what is being said here is the right attitude.

We can't affect the finances (enough to sort out etc) but we can still let the players know we care.

I realised something on the train on the way back from the huns game (you think when you have all these long journeys), namely that for the first time in a few years we had a group of players that were playing like I would if I wore that jersey, ie, they cared, and they were trying their bollox off.

After the sacrifices and effort these guys have put in with all the stuff that's been going on, the very least they deserve is our backing.. so lets make sure every game from now until january we are right behind them.

Superb post WI

I agree that it's about all we as supporters can do at the moment and fair play to the players for performing as they are during all this uncertainty.

BTW

Crazy to think that meals out etc can't gel the squad but no pay seems to have done the trick - maybe other directors will be watching with interest

Yup. They have been awesome of late and considering the crap they're also having to put up with, they deserve our support more than ever.

We needed them to show that they cared, and they did. I'm sure they'd quite like to see the same sort of support from us right now.

Rudi Hates Hibees

GORGIE RULES!!

Superb post. Fully agree.

portobellojambo1

GORGIE RULES!!

Excellent post my man (had to do a quick edit there).

For me it is getting tiresome, with those who have walked away saying they no longer recognise the club or it doesn't look like HMFC any more. Total BS as far as I am concerned and I would suggest that if you no longer recognise the team you went to watch up until a few months ago you buy yourself a new pair of feckin glesses. Team name hasn't changed, colour of strip hasn't changed, games are still played at Tynecastle, it is still the Heart of Midlothian Football Club, and the playing staff are not to blame for anything happening offfield.

People are using the owner as a reason for not supporting the team, why under Romanov and not Robnison, who knows, but it adds more spice to the fact many are just using excuses for the statements they are trying to make.

It is time to call it a day, you have made your fecking statements, now get your erses back along and support the team.

I love this backs to the wall, we don't give a **** because we are Heart of Midlothian, attitude.

There will always be a Heart of Midlothian.

Once you're in, you're in for life.

It is time to call it a day, you have made your fecking statements, now get your erses back along and support the team.

the above with perhapes a please and a thank you added :):)

should be emailed to everyone who had a st or was on the waiting list

Guest JamboRobbo

the above with perhapes a please and a thank you added :):)

should be emailed to everyone who had a st or was on the waiting list

and a sorry. might help with a few extra people IMO.

Nelly Terraces
I love this backs to the wall, we don't give a **** because we are Heart of Midlothian, attitude.

There will always be a Heart of Midlothian.

Once you're in, you're in for life.

Spot on Adi (sorry, DM).

Supporting HMFC isn't a 'lifestyle choice', it's a f ***** g way of life.

You don't get up in the mornings going 'oh, that Hearts, I'll maybe see what they're up to on Saturday? You live, breath, work yer guts every day, with that club in your head. Folk go 'aye, every fan of every club's like that'. Well I don't give a flying duck about any other fan of any other club, I am a f***** g HEARTS supporter to the core, and a proud one at that, an Edinburgh boy, proud of his city, and it's only football club worth the name. If you don't get it, just do one, cos your no use to me.

The history of this club alone make it totally unique amongst the rest, and all the turmoil and crap we've endured over the 30years I've been going could be made into a film, expect it would be to unbelieveable, you'd have to tone it down. The never ending downs, the occassional up's, the almost crippling heartache of being let down by those in charge - it's all worth it, cos it's in the blood.

A proud fan, of a club with a proud tradition. That's it in a oner for me.

As the OP said, GORGIE RULES. FTH - total nobodies.

NT.;)

GORGIE RULES!!

Good shout Mr ingram!!!

Nelly Terraces
Good shout Mr ingram!!!

Indeed matey. A few good posts on here. Reminds me why I'm a HEARTS man, and not some stinking hobo shylock.

Gorgie always.

Guess The Crowd

GORGIE RULES!!

Winston,

Just wanted to bring your post up to the top of the board again.

The 'sod the regime' we can debate another day (hopefully over a curry next week:)and to be fair you were not exactly a fan, with good reason, of the previous regime).

However, your main point, that the current first team are good lads is absolutely spot on, and I fully expect HMFC's magnificent supporters to vociferously acknowledge this tomorrow.

Spot on Adi (sorry, DM).

You don't get up in the mornings going 'oh, that Hearts, I'll maybe see what they're up to on Saturday? You live, breath, work yer guts every day, with that club in your head. Folk go 'aye, every fan of every club's like that'. Well I don't give a flying duck about any other fan of any other club, I am a f***** g HEARTS supporter to the core, and a proud one at that, an Edinburgh boy, proud of his city, and it's only football club worth the name. If you don't get it, just do one, cos your no use to me.

The history of this club alone make it totally unique amongst the rest, and all the turmoil and crap we've endured over the 30years I've been going could be made into a film, expect it would be to unbelieveable, you'd have to tone it down. The never ending downs, the occassional up's, the almost crippling heartache of being let down by those in charge - it's all worth it, cos it's in the blood.

NT.;)

Quality !!

:bravo:

:food-smiley-004:

letsalllaughathobos
Spot on Adi (sorry, DM).

NT.;)

well put

C'MON THE HEARTS

FTH

Spot on Adi (sorry, DM).

NT.;)

Well said and an excellent OP to boot.

I particularly like the sentence highlighted. Good advice for the perpetual negativists.

Archived