Best Value for money HMFC signing?

chester copperpot

What about Tommy Walker? Signed from Linlithgow Rose, then re-signed from Chelsea for ?8,000 after the war. 281 goals in 243 appearances. Then as manager 2 league championships (4 times runners up), 1 Scottish Cup and 4 League Cups (once runners up). Pretty average when you think about it.

Janny was a good player. Velicka scored goals and we sold him on for profit. Have to say though, the worst peice of buisness of all time had to bes. Terrible.

Sorry to be pedantic but we never bought Velicka he was only ever on loan to us and we didnt make any profit on him Kaunas did. He would be one of our best loan signings though - along with Andy Thorne!

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

scott severin? we have still missed a player like him ever since he left, dont give me the brellier chat, LIABILITY!

chester copperpot
Sorry to be pedantic but we never bought Velicka he was only ever on loan to us and we didnt make any profit on him Kaunas did. He would be one of our best loan signings though - along with Andy Thorne!

Ah, Andy Thorne, still remember that performance he put in for us when we beat Celtic at Tynie.

Thank's for that! Brought back some very good memories! After having 4 players sent off against Ran**rs on the Sat, we had the 'tic on Wed in the LC. I thought we had no chance.... enter Andy Thorn.... and then Robbo!!Magic!!

Would have to say Mr Hartley, although Mr Colquhoun was my favourite player from the age of 6/7 up until forever.....

How much did Pressley cost us? We certainly got a few great years out of him, although i remember him being total gash when he first came. Think he was played at right back or something.

Colin Cameron would be my choice but am also surprised no one mentioned Craig Levein. ?40K buy from Cowdenbeath was a real steal for such a classy defender.

Archived