Worst Signing by any Club EVER

robbogoal

Seymour M Hersh
Veron is a good shout.

Lentini to AC Milan was a stinker.

Closer to home......

Kurkis is in the Top 3 worst ever Hearts signings.

I personally doubt that. Berthe beats him hands down as do many others imo. I'll go back to my wind up on another thread. Gordan Petric!! In total he probably cost the club ?1.5m!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Have to say some pretty harsh shouts on this thread!

Lentini? was a cracking winger before the car crash!

Flo maybe wasn't value for money but he wasn't a bad signing tbh, 29 goals in 53 games ?

Another who wasn't a bad player but hampered by an inflated transfer fee was Maccarone, wasn't it his super-sub appearances that took boro to the Uefa final?

Some really bad signings were

Bosko Balaban for villa, 6.5m for 45mins in two games?

Marco Boogers for West Ham, came on as a sub in his second game, nearly crippled Neville, got sent off, went missing and was eventually found a few weeks later in a Rotterdam caravan park claiming 'I'm not Mental!'

Massimo Taibi for manu he he

Winston Bogarde, asked to leave just weeks after signing he turned round and said no-one else would pay him as much and sat out the remaining 4 years of his contract on 40k a week!

Many have suggested Veron.

As Alex Ferguson said 'Youse are all ******* idiots. He's a ******* great player'.

They got half the money back, he was pretty good to watch if a bit lightweight for English football, and didn't they win a title when he was there?

Joey Beauchamp. Signed for West Ham. Moved to London from Oxford and got homesick. Ended up living in a caravan. You can't make it up.

Joey Beauchamp moved to Swindon (nearer home and his greyhounds, but not a popular team with Oxford United fans) from West Ham - wasn't it Marco Boogers who went weird and ended up in a caravan?

EDIT - just seen HarryP's post above - it was Marco Boogers.

Beauchamp's basically just an ordinary guy who realised as soon as he got to West Ham it wasn't for him.

Robbo to Newcastle, lets face it , it never worked out. I will concede that they never played him right.......Stands by for pelters!!!!!

Drylaw Hearts
I personally doubt that. Berthe beats him hands down as do many others imo. I'll go back to my wind up on another thread. Gordan Petric!! In total he probably cost the club ?1.5m!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I personally don't doubt it at all.

He's so fricking bad he can't even get a game for FBK since he went back there.

A player who has never, ever had any ability whatsoever in his whole career.

Shiiiiite cannot even begin to describe his skills as a footballer.

Drylaw Hearts
Justin Fashanu for Forest - thats when Clough started losing the plot.

Justin Fashanu for Hearts.

:)

loveofthegame

I'm probably as good a goalie as Kurskis, i kid you not. How the **** did that guy end up at Hearts. Seriously, WTF?! The worst player of any kind i have ever seen.

Drylaw Hearts
I'm probably as good a goalie as Kurskis, i kid you not. How the **** did that guy end up at Hearts. Seriously, WTF?! The worst player of any kind i have ever seen.

Horrible, horrible , horrible footballer.

Justin Fashanu for Hearts.

:)

Thing is DH, a lot of players mentioned on this thread were signed on a free. Maybe poor players but as the worst ever signing? Im not so sure.

Will give you Kurkis though!

Drylaw Hearts
Thing is DH, a lot of players mentioned on this thread were signed on a free. Maybe poor players but as the worst ever signing? Im not so sure.

Will give you Kurkis though!

Justin Fashanu was 'free' alright.

john-inman-mr-humphries-are-you-being-served.jpg

Seymour M Hersh

I'm not disputing any of that DH just think there are, unfortunately, quite a few others ahead of him that's all.

tommythejambo
Miko to Hearts in terms of results he's cost us playing when he shouldn't have been playing.

Scheidt at Celtic overall.

Be realistic mate, how many games could a winger cost you?

He has never been the worst player on the park any time I've seen him.

For the sheer agony of watching his every game, for me it has to be Andy Watson, from Leeds Utd!!! Other clubs mat have spent a lot of money on pi55 poor players, but he was simply awful.

I still laugh out loud every time I see that knob giving any player instructions before they come on as substitute.

My mate who is a Wimbledon fan claims that they once sold a player to a team, but the buying manager signed the wrong player. I will need to ask him who it was.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Diego forlan to man u must be one. 15 million he cost them or something and he scored about 4 goals. Its even more funny now that he's a 20 goal a year striker!

Frankenstein Jambo.
My mate who is a Wimbledon fan claims that they once sold a player to a team, but the buying manager signed the wrong player. I will need to ask him who it was.

that would be honking lol;

Diego forlan to man u must be one. 15 million he cost them or something and he scored about 4 goals. Its even more funny now that he's a 20 goal a year striker!

2002?2004 Manchester United 63 Apps 10 Goals.

Carl Cort to Newcastle for 7 million! Bobby Robson allegedly meant to sign Jason Euell

i think that was necastle and they got carl cort instead of someone else

Steve Marlet to Fulham for ?10m was pretty bad. Albert Luque to Newcastle as well. Jonathan Woodgate to Real Madrid was a shocker but I'd have to go with Mendieta to Lazio for ?30m. I think he played about 20 times for them, never scored a goal and got released to Boro for nowt!

tommythejambo
i think that was necastle and they got carl cort instead of someone else

Bobby Robson apparently said he wanted to sign the 'black boy' that played up front for Wimbledon, Carl Cort scored the day the scout went to watch him. So the deal was done.

Unfortunately for Bobby Robson, Jason Euell (The intended target) was out injured that day.

Southampton (?) signed a guy on the basis that he was George Weahs cousin. Turns out he wasn't and a lasted about 20 minutes never to be seen again!

I hate to say it but we really have a few contenders. Pinilla, Beslija, Klimeck.

Shevchenko to Chelsea was a dull one as was Veron to Man U.

LOL I remember that.. He was Murder..

cant believe about 40 posts in and no one has mentioned the prolific Hans Eskilsson!!!

Was he so bad we'd wiped him from our minds?

Who??:P

The Old Tolbooth

Du Weii of smeltic, how did they ever get a work permit for that joker???

Oh wait, I know how............... :wacko:

Kevin Keegan bringing Faustino Asprilla into that brilliant Newcastle side in 1995.

It's not that he was a bad player, far from it, it's just that he was precisely the kind of exciting, maverick, attacking force that Newcastle didn't need any more of at the time.

He was a great player but he was the wrongest signing possible

Kevin Keegan bringing Faustino Asprilla into that brilliant Newcastle side in 1995.

It's not that he was a bad player, far from it, it's just that he was precisely the kind of exciting, maverick, attacking force that Newcastle didn't need any more of at the time.

He was a great player but he was the wrongest signing possible

He was fantastic entertainment though. Not going to have someone who scored 3 fantastic goals before half time and celebrated by taking out the corner flag and waving it about as the worst signing ever.

They needed a centre half at the time though ...

PSG got completely spanked by Anelka...

PSG - Arsenal ?500,000

Arsenal - Real ?22.3m

Real - PSG ?20.0m

PSG - Man City ?12.0m

HMFCjamieHMFC
Veron is a good shout.

Lentini to AC Milan was a stinker.

Closer to home......

Kurkis is in the Top 3 worst ever Hearts signings.

Lentini was involved in a serious car crash and before that he was considered one of there best players

Drylaw Hearts
Lentini was involved in a serious car crash and before that he was considered one of there best players

He was awful.

I used to watch Italian Football when it was all the rage on Ch 4 - Lentini sucked before his accident.

He was awful.

I used to watch Italian Football when it was all the rage on Ch 4 - Lentini sucked before his accident.

From wiki:

Honours

UEFA Champions League - 1994

Serie A - 1993, 1994, 1996

Italian Super Cups - 1993, 1994

Serie B - 1990, 2001

He played 30 times in Milan's title-winning season (1992-93)

Indeed, it was this fee - which arose due to a bidding war between Milan and Juventus after his great performances for Torino

After this he was a key player in AC Milan's Scudetto winning season.

However, Lentini's goal-scoring record of a goal approximately every seven games is considered above average by Italian standards considering his position of winger.

aye. crap.

From wiki:

Honours

UEFA Champions League - 1994

Serie A - 1993, 1994, 1996

Italian Super Cups - 1993, 1994

Serie B - 1990, 2001

He played 30 times in Milan's title-winning season (1992-93)

Indeed, it was this fee - which arose due to a bidding war between Milan and Juventus after his great performances for Torino

After this he was a key player in AC Milan's Scudetto winning season.

However, Lentini's goal-scoring record of a goal approximately every seven games is considered above average by Italian standards considering his position of winger.

aye. crap.

The thing is CCP, I watched Football Italia throughout 92/3 as well. That Milan side was awesome (I particularly remember a brilliant 5-3 win over Lazio early in the season), but Lentini always seemed a major weak link to me; and I could not believe the transfer fee he'd fetched. Never ever worth that sort of figure, whatever the stats might say.

Drylaw Hearts
The thing is CCP, I watched Football Italia throughout 92/3 as well. That Milan side was awesome (I particularly remember a brilliant 5-3 win over Lazio early in the season), but Lentini always seemed a major weak link to me; and I could not believe the transfer fee he'd fetched. Never ever worth that sort of figure, whatever the stats might say.

He was gash.

Just because some team pays a record fee for a player it doesn't automatically make him a great player.

2 words.....

Mirsad Beslija.

Archived