Worst Signing by any Club EVER

robbogoal

I'd go for Boumsong to Newcastle from Rangers. They paid around ?8m for THAT!

01 down the road too!

Mixu Pattelinen, what a f***** signing ett al...

Thoughts.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Southampton (?) signed a guy on the basis that he was George Weahs cousin. Turns out he wasn't and a lasted about 20 minutes never to be seen again!

I hate to say it but we really have a few contenders. Pinilla, Beslija, Klimeck.

Shevchenko to Chelsea was a dull one as was Veron to Man U.

Southampton (?) signed a guy on the basis that he was George Weahs cousin. Turns out he wasn't and a lasted about 20 minutes never to be seen again!

I hate to say it but we really have a few contenders. Pinilla, Beslija, Klimeck.

Shevchenko to Chelsea was a dull one as was Veron to Man U.

Ali Dia is the man in question.

Greame Souness sold on the idea hook line an sinker!

Ravanelli at Dundee.

Was past it even for the SPL and was one of the factors in bankrupting them.

Tore Andre Flo - ?12million is another one.

chester copperpot

Mo Berthe, never forget that day at Dens Park.

Horrible.

Higher profile would have to be errrrrr..............

Mo Berthe.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Ali Dia is the man in question.

Greame Souness sold on the idea hook line an sinker!

Ravanelli at Dundee.

Was past it even for the SPL and was one of the factors in bankrupting them.

Tore Andre Flo - ?12million is another one.

I was going to say Flo but he did actually score a fair few goals for Rangers so he wasn't completely fecking useless. (See Beslija/Pinilla)

Miko to Hearts in terms of results he's cost us playing when he shouldn't have been playing.

Scheidt at Celtic overall.

Miko to Hearts in terms of results he's cost us playing when he shouldn't have been playing.

Scheidt at Celtic overall.

What?

Shall we just forget about the victories against Hibs and Celtic he got for us?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

You could fill the phone book with Old Firm duffers - Du Wei, Prodan, Rozenthal, Kancelskis, Bratbakk, Kenny Miller (both of them!). Veron at Man Utd was honking, as was Jeffers at Arsenal. My personal favourite is Clayton Donaldson.

Drylaw Hearts

Veron is a good shout.

Lentini to AC Milan was a stinker.

Closer to home......

Kurkis is in the Top 3 worst ever Hearts signings.

Mo Berthe, never forget that day at Dens Park.

Horrible.

Higher profile would have to be errrrrr..............

Mo Berthe.

That was a bad day. And cold!!

Patrick Bateman

Shevchenko to Chelsea, surely? ?29 million (at least) for a 29/30 year old striker whose style was never going to be suited to the hustle and bustle of the Premiership. He must have been on ?100k a week plus and they'll see little in return.

Mo Berth has o take it so far. I remeber being at Dens and seriously thinking OMG is this what we're all about?

Raveneli is that not a great signing for Scottish football? (He's a plumb tho)

Lentini was a world record ?7m signing then but pish.

Donaldon for them hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Mixu.

Maloney to AV for ?1m!

chester copperpot
Mo Berth has o take it so far. I remeber being at Dens and seriously thinking OMG is this what we're all about?

Raveneli is that not a great signing for Scottish football? (He's a plumb tho)

Lentini was a world record ?7m signing then but pish.

Donaldon for them hAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Mixu.

Maloney to AV for ?1m!

We lost 2-0 that day to go bottom of the league. I remember the highlight of the day was some boy trying to start a fight with CPR in the carpark at Dens, before the away stand was built. Only thing I enjoyed that day.

We lost 2-0 that day to go bottom of the league. I remember the highlight of the day was some boy trying to start a fight with CPR in the carpark at Dens, before the away stand was built. Only thing I enjoyed that day.

Mate I think that game was 0-0, I might be wrong. The game I remember us losing 2- 0 was at Falkirk when Davie Weir and the Mo Johnston scored? (Roussets first game)

I think we then went on a great run to finish 3rd/4th?

chester copperpot
Mate I think that game was 0-0, I might be wrong. The game I remember us losing 2- 0 was at Falkirk when Davie Weir and the Mo Johnston scored? (Roussets first game)

I think we then went on a great run to finish 3rd/4th?

Could've swore we lost, however my grasp of history is pretty poor, let me check it out.

Edit It was 2-0 to Dundee. http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/berthemohammedap.html

Could've swore we lost, however my grasp of history is pretty poor, let me check it out.

Edit It was 2-0 to Dundee. http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/players/berthemohammedap.html

Cool mate, I just remeber Big Mo, we wore white and my mate was on the bench for Hearts thatt day.

Other thngs I rememeber was Whites in Dundee, and er thats it.

Shocking signings though...

Craig Nelson...

Rafiel Sheite!

Jim Weir... More to follow...

Celtic paid 1.5Mill for Stuart Slater from West Ham AFTER he had failed to score in his last 51 games...

He was a really good player at one point. Not quite sure what happened!

He was a really good player at one point. Not quite sure what happened!

Judging by his Wiki page he got worse and worse, starting a year before he joined Celtic (which was the pinnacle of his career, pricetag wise)

Votes for Lentini are a bit harsh, since he was an awesome player til he almost died in a car crash!

Ali Dia has to be the worst. How he even made a sub appearance for Southampton (before getting subbed off!) is beyond me

He was free though so wasn't too bad on the value for money front. Luque, Balaban, Grabbi, Veron and Boumsong have to be up there due to costs though

cant believe about 40 posts in and no one has mentioned the prolific Hans Eskilsson!!!

Was he so bad we'd wiped him from our minds?

....Dennis Wyness - Hearts

p*sh!

Were you in Basel? Any money spent on Wyness was well spent for one night only!

I'll never forget bouncin the tram off the line! Or the piano bar, or hat pub, or...

Were you in Basel? Any money spent on Wyness was well spent for one night only!

I'll never forget bouncin the tram off the line! Or the piano bar, or hat pub, or...

pah, you couldn't say much about him in his other games.

he was a skiny mans Nade ;)

Joey Beauchamp. Signed for West Ham. Moved to London from Oxford and got homesick. Ended up living in a caravan. You can't make it up.

Just to correct a previous poster. Lentini was a world record ?13 million.

And I say Sergei Rebrov. Spurs record signing at the time. So good he ended up a reserve at (then) first division West Ham.

Geoff Kilpatrick

For us, it's a toss up between Petric and Beslija.

In football as a whole, it would take a lot to surpass Man Utd signing Garry Birtles from Nottingham Forest for a small fortune at the time. :eek:

For us, it's a toss up between Petric and Beslija.

In football as a whole, it would take a lot to surpass Man Utd signing Garry Birtles from Nottingham Forest for a small fortune at the time. :eek:

Aaargh. I'd forgotten Petric...Aaargh!!!

Musemic, ken he scored against the Hibees but he wasn't very good at all poor thing.

Who was that fat goalie that became a cop? He was awful

Daniel Prodan for Rangers, never played a game and cost them a few million!

I was going to say Daniel Prodan, cost Rangers ?2.2 million and never kicked a ball for the first team, Now that was a waste of ?2.2 million!!

I'd go for Boumsong to Newcastle from Rangers. They paid around ?8m for THAT!

01 down the road too!

Mixu Pattelinen, what a f***** signing ett al...

Thoughts.

Tore Andre Flo. Signed by Rangers from Chelsea for ?12M.

Ken Bates, then Chelsea Chairman, writes about the size of this transfer offer that it was the nearest thing to happen to him that would convince him that there was a God.

Not to mention the whinings of the BBC radio pundit that was Charlie Mann advising Hearts supporters to "be very afraid" when he was giving the match summary of the Dunfermline game .... and you could hear his smile when he gave their winning score.

Celtic paid 1.5Mill for Stuart Slater from West Ham AFTER he had failed to score in his last 51 games...

The quote at the time was..."If Slater was out fishing and fell out of the boat, he wouldn't hit the water" :P

Archived