Three Mobile Broadband

Shaggy2

Got masel a wee netbook (from PC World) and a dongle from Three in July.

Anyone thinking of this for themselves or their kids for xmas don't bother. No idea about other mobile broadbands.

It's scheidt. Occasionally works fine but mostly I find it slower than dial up used to be (even on my prehistoric PC) and it loses the connection a lot.

It may be where I live or it may be that I was in too quick before glitches were ironed out but I'm defintely not impressed.

Heres to the next 14 months of my 18 month contract. :rolleyes:

Got to say I love the netbook, it is handy.

I had 3 mobile for a while and it wasn't the best when you live on the ground floor of a tenement block...but pretty much anywhere else, it was fine. No good if you want to download things or for streaming, of course...but for anything else it wasn't bad.

Changing the network settings on the control panel to '3G only' helped a bit, and if it froze I'd just restart it and then search manually for the network. If you haven't already tried that, it's worth a shot...

It's clearly temperamental with network coverage being much better in some areas than others though, so if anyone was going to get it I'd probably recommend that they borrow the dongle from someone else first and try it out to see how it works for them at home...or wherever they plan to use it most...

i was with 3 for 18 month and its the worst service i ever had froma mobile provider

the phone was pish, and they had no idea about the glitches, they tried to call me a few times in the middle of the night, the coverage was crap

i wouldn't touch them with someone elses quite frankly

utter pish

Archived