e) Wish they had, will once the half season go on sale

letsmakesomenoise
Interested to see who never renewed at the start of the season:

a) Glad they never

B) Wish they now had

c) Wish they had and have been at the matches

d) Wish they had but haven't been at the matches

Or - in my case - always wished I had but family reasons dictated otherwise this year?

a) Glad they never

B) Wish they now had

a) for me first time in 15 seasons.

The absolute excrement that we have had to endure for the last 2 seasons was completely unacceptable in my opinion hence the withdrawl of my financial support.

Things on the football side seem to improving with chaba at the moment but the quality of the product is still very very poor. 5 wins in a row is very pleasing but have we been entertained? IMHO No absolutley not.

It will take a massive PR effort from the mad one to convince me that I should shell out my hard earned again.

January window may just may show in which direction we may be heading but I really do worry that Vlad the tw@t will go off on one and ruin everything again.

He has bitten us too many times to be trusted at this moment in time.

It is entirely up to him to bring the sceptics, refusists, doubters and haters back on side.

I hope he gets it right soon but I am not holding my breath

PresidentRomanov

The absolute excrement that we have had to endure for the last 2 seasons was completely unacceptable in my opinion hence the withdrawl of my financial support.

Things on the football side seem to improving with chaba at the moment but the quality of the product is still very very poor. 5 wins in a row is very pleasing but have we been entertained? IMHO No absolutley not.

It will take a massive PR effort from the mad one to convince me that I should shell out my hard earned again.

January window may just may show in which direction we may be heading but I really do worry that Vlad the tw@t will go off on one and ruin everything again.

It is entirely up to him to bring the sceptics, refusists, doubters and haters back on side.

I'd rather you stayed away TBH, you don't sound like you have what it takes to support Hearts :(

Dean Winchester
I'd rather you stayed away TBH, you don't sound like you have what it takes to support Hearts :(

Agreed. You support your team through thick and thin. I can maybe understand people who have something against Romanov and the way hes been running the club but it sounds to me 7628mm you've just pulled out simply because of bad results.

I've never had a problem with Hearts doing badly with results, I've seen us play some terrible stuff in first division.

It's about giving 100%, on the pitch & also in the boardroom.

For me it was about protesting to Romanov in the only language he understands, money.

If we all follow Romanov without protest, god only knows where we will end up. My own feeling is that Romanov has backed off in proportion to the poor season ticket sales.

I'll never be able to thank Vlad enough for keeping us at Tynecastle, but a lot of the stuff he says/does has pushed me away from being a rabid, go every week supporter to someone who watches on the TV.

At the moment the Romanov embarrassment factor is waning, but non payment of wages & other stuff still makes me cringe.

©

First year in about 20 I dont get to the games.

A new job and mortgage seen to that (love the job hate the maortgage).

On the up side I'm spending a lot more time with my two wee boys (the oldest of whom is the youngest Hearts ST holder ever)

Once they are both old enough to come with me every week I'll hope to be back.

'Moan the Hearts!

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Agreed. You support your team through thick and thin. I can maybe understand people who have something against Romanov and the way hes been running the club but it sounds to me 7628mm you've just pulled out simply because of bad results.

Poor 7628m.

Its a sort of self confession that he doesnt really support the team anymore but if Vlad signs a load of good players and build us a nice big new stand and charges us a ?10 a throw for games he might come back.

Oops.......Nearly forgot,we have to win every week.

At least he is honest.

It was such a shame for me to be celebrating a fantastic and passionate win over Rangers with thousands of empty seats to look onto.

Csaba pleaded at the end of last night for the supporters to return as his "young team are giving their all".

We need the supporters back who followed the team in 05/06.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
It was such a shame for me to be celebrating a fantastic and passionate win over Rangers with thousands of empty seats to look onto.

Csaba pleaded at the end of last night for the supporters to return as his "young team are giving their all".

Buffalo Bill

Exactly how I feel BB. We need to attract people back, not chastise them for being "less of a jambo" as some on this thread seem prone to.

I never renewed for the first time in about 20 years and I've no regrets. The money I've saved has helped get my family through the difficult financial times and I've been able to spend lots of time with my baby son. I have, however, been to 3 matches this season, mainly to see my mates (unfortunately we didn't win any of them) and I expect I'll go a couple more next year if I can afford it.

I needed a break from Hearts as my connection to the club in it's current state was broken. I said that if Romanov can give the club one season of stability and keep Laszlo in place until next summer I would probably renew next season. I am encouraged by the season so far, particularly the apparent control Laszlo has, but am still wary of an unpleasant twist by the owner.

Have you been going to games though?

This is the second year of my non-renewal status, after having an ST for many many years.

Ironically I have been to more games this season than usual, through redeveloping a taste for away games, and buying tickets for Tynie games, or recycling others' STs, this year.

Missed the game on Saturday, but watched it in an Irish bar in Berlin.

I said when I first non-renewed, that I would not get an ST again until there had been a season's worth of stability, and lack of nonsense and interference from you-know-who, so ... maybe ...

PresidentRomanov
Exactly how I feel BB. We need to attract people back, not chastise them for being "less of a jambo" as some on this thread seem prone to.

The only thing that'll attract these people back is a winning team, and that's the reason they are "less of a jambo" than the rest of us who support the club regardless.

As I've said before, if everyone had their attitude, the club couldn't survive.

The last two home games have been great value for money. Fantastic goals v Falkirk and a rousing performance v Rangers; the latter of whom, we made look very ordinary.

The system we employ just now is not Holland 1974, but at least we're now pressing teams higher up the park.

I would urge as many Hearts supporters as possible to get along to the next game at Tynecastle (v Dundee Utd on Dec 20th) and support the team.

Every single one of them is giving their all.

Buffalo Bill

Bit confusing here - your not going to the games but your commenting on the entertainment on show?

Not every game can or will be "entertaining" but the Falkirk & Rangers games certainly were (IMO)

The last two home games have been great value for money. Fantastic goals v Falkirk and a rousing performance v Rangers; the latter of whom, we made look very ordinary.

The system we employ just now is not Holland 1974, but at least we're now pressing teams higher up the park.

I would urge as many Hearts supporters as possible to get along to the next game at Tynecastle (v Dundee Utd on Dec 20th) and support the team.

Every single one of them are gving their all.

Buffalo Bill

is, Bill, is ...

is, Bill, is ...

Corrected.

Whilst were here, read over your post (#14) again re "an ST".

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
The only thing that'll attract these people back is a winning team, and that's the reason they are "less of a jambo" than the rest of us who support the club regardless.

As I've said before, if everyone had their attitude, the club couldn't survive.

And if everyone had your "i'm a better jambo than the next man" attitude, we'd never attract new fans to the club. IMO. :eek:

Buffalo Bill

Yeah, what we need is a top marketing man to get the buzz going....oh, well

The problem is that we achieved something we never had, then the footballing side of the club went into disrepair. You were never going to keep attendances up through the gash of the last 2 seasons

I dont think we'll get it back. Trust needs rebuilt before people will commit that amount of money up front.

Its a sad state of affairs that we dont even sell out against the old firm anymore

Re the OP - had I still been in Edinburgh I'd be picking and choosing games (but going to most), and with games not selling out would be quite happy to do so, and quite happy not to have committed to a season ticket.

I think the previous season ticket sales made Vlad complacent and empowered. Its no coincidence in my view that things appear much more stable and controlled given that numbers have dropped

PresidentRomanov
And if everyone had your "i'm a better jambo than the next man" attitude, we'd never attract new fans to the club. IMO. :eek:

IMO it makes no difference, these people will come along when Hearts are winning, and won't when they're not, other fans attitudes don't come into it.

That's why the likes of you and i, are better Hearts supporters, I really can't see why you don't think we are?

Guest JamboRobbo
IMO it makes no difference, these people will come along when Hearts are winning, and won't when they're not, other fans attitudes don't come into it.

That's why the likes of you and i, are better Hearts supporters, I really can't see why you don't think we are?

And I really can't see why you think you are any better than anyone else.

A season ticket

An ST

That's correct.

I don't want to get involved in some petty agrument, but in my opinion, there is no such thing as an 'ST'. There are however, 'season tickets', and I'd prefer to read out an abbreviation in its full context.

Buffalo Bill

Yeah, what we need is a top marketing man to get the buzz going....oh, well

The problem is that we achieved something we never had, then the footballing side of the club went into disrepair. You were never going to keep attendances up through the gash of the last 2 seasons

I dont think we'll get it back. Trust needs rebuilt before people will commit that amount of money up front.

Its a sad state of affairs that we dont even sell out against the old firm anymore

Re the OP - had I still been in Edinburgh I'd be picking and choosing games (but going to most), and with games not selling out would be quite happy to do so, and quite happy not to have committed to a season ticket.

I think the previous season ticket sales made Vlad complacent and empowered. Its no coincidence in my view that things appear much more stable and controlled given that numbers have dropped

We might not get the trust of the 05/06 supporters back right away, but in time, if the team keep doing well, I'd like to see them back.

Frankly, I was embarrassed as hell at all the empty seats.

Section B row 28 is half empty. Rows 29 and 30 are almost completely empty.

We took about 35-40,000 to the cup final in 2006. Yet we only had about 12,000 at the game v Rangers.

Buffalo Bill

I don't want to get involved in some petty agrument, but in my opinion, there is no such thing as an 'ST'. There are however, 'season tickets', and I'd prefer to read out an abbreviation in its full context.

Buffalo Bill

Heh

Arf

... neither of which is an abbreviation.

IMO

PresidentRomanov
And I really can't see why you think you are any better than anyone else.

I think I'm better than those who've deserted the club because things haven't been going well, I really can't understand why you can't see that.

Heh

Arf

... neither of which is an abbreviation.

IMO

If it was "an ST", then surely there would be a full stop or a forward slash to seperate the two capital letters?

I readily admit my own mistake, but suggest you introduce a bit of grammar and punctuation to your 'text speak'.

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
I think I'm better than those who've deserted the club because things haven't been going well, I really can't understand why you can't see that.

I can see that you think you're better than other Hearts fans. I just don't agree. :P

PresidentRomanov
I can see that you think you're better than other Hearts fans. I just don't agree. :P

On the contrary, I don't see myself as a better Hearts fan than yourself for example, I do see myself as a better supporter than someone who has chosen to stop going to Tynecastle because we've not been doing well.

I don't understand why you would disagree with that?

Guest JamboRobbo
On the contrary, I don't see myself as a better Hearts fan than yourself for example, I do see myself as a better supporter than someone who has chosen to stop going to Tynecastle because we've not been doing well.

I don't understand why you would disagree with that?

Quite simple. Because I know plenty people who used to buy ST who don't go anymore, I understand their reasoning for not buying a ST, and I don't think them any less a jambo than I am.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I was born and bred in Leith and against all odds I still followed Hearts.

I'm a better fan than you all.

Thread closed.

Thumbs-Up.jpg

PresidentRomanov
Quite simple. Because I know plenty people who used to buy ST who don't go anymore, I understand their reasoning for not buying a ST, and I don't think them any less a jambo than I am.

I know one who used to have one and doesn't now, and I look on him as a quitter who will only back a winning team.

PresidentRomanov

Thread closed.

Thumbs-Up.jpg

Same here, thread opened again :)

Guest Dipped Flake

Thread closed.

Thumbs-Up.jpg

Me too, thread opened again:)

delighted I renewed would have been going to the games anyway.

Lets hope the club does the decent thing and rewards the ST holders with SC tickets against hibs or a ballot at least

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Same here, thread opened again :)

Me too, thread opened again:)

Good lads.

A few REAL Hearts men on the board it would seem. ;)

a) Glad they never

B) Wish they now had

Didn't renew, but have still been to every home game which I suppose maybe defeats the purpose of not renewing, given I only live 2 minutes from the ground it was always going to happen - I'd be lost on a Saturday!

Been to less away games though, only three out of the seven so far, but one of those was 2 nights away in Inverness!

I think I've been clinging on that the way we played in 2006 may come back, I've accepted that we probably won't see that again, albeit can't grumble with five out of five. Have to say that section N upper was rocking on Saturday, that brought back memories of how the atmosphere was during 2006.

Few of my mates didn't renew and have rarely been back this season, that is their decision and I respect that.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I support Hearts, i dont decide to support them simply when they are doing well.

those that do so are fans, not supporters.

PS i too was born in Leith yet was blessed with a support of the mighty Heart of Midlothian.

If it was "an ST", then surely there would be a full stop or a forward slash to seperate the two capital letters?

I readily admit my own mistake, but suggest you introduce a bit of grammar and punctuation to your 'text speak'.

Buffalo Bill

Crikey ... just having a wee wind-up !

thank you for that well thought out and considered response. not much point in our having anymore communication on this one I feel you obviously believe I am not worthy.

perhaps if you refrained from removing excrement from your rectum with your fingers as your user name suggests then we may be able to have a sensible debate, sadly this I fear is not possible with you. I hate to think of the mess and smell of your keyboard.

Or - in my case - always wished I had but family reasons dictated otherwise this year?

Thats the exact reason that I didn,t renew this season, I,m renewing next season.

Ah, the old 'Im a better fan than you' drivel.

I didnt get a season ticket last year because id never been so demoralised going to Hearts games the season before. It was dull and I didnt look forward to it anymore. It put me in a bad mood for saturday nights/sunday and was pretty much the low point of my weekend. I bought a couple of tickets to games last season when a few of my mates were going and felt like a total plum to pay ?25 twice in one week to watch a bunch of passionless 'professionals' played out of position and get humped without so much as a red face amongst them.

I can totally see why folk wouldnt renew. Why do something you're not enjoying? Each to their own without posters like 'pickybum' taking some sort of moral high ground. Its my money and I'll do what I want with it.

PresidentRomanov
Ah, the old 'Im a better fan than you' drivel.

I didnt get a season ticket last year because id never been so demoralised going to Hearts games the season before. It was dull and I didnt look forward to it anymore. It put me in a bad mood for saturday nights/sunday and was pretty much the low point of my weekend. I bought a couple of tickets to games last season when a few of my mates were going and felt like a total plum to pay ?25 twice in one week to watch a bunch of passionless 'professionals' played out of position and get humped without so much as a red face amongst them.

I can totally see why folk wouldnt renew. Why do something you're not enjoying? Each to their own without posters like 'pickybum' taking some sort of moral high ground. Its my money and I'll do what I want with it.

It is your money and you can do what you want with it, but can you not see that the supporters who still go and support the club, even when they're feeling the same way as you did, are better fans?

People have such short memories.

I did not renew this season and nothing has happened so far for me to change my position.

I have been to one game this season, the Hamilton 1 - 0 victory. Considering it was part of this 5 game winning streak the performance was abysmal and we were fortunate to take all the points.

I watched the Rangers game of TV and whilst 'the gers' were poor, there is no doubt that the return of Aguar, Driver, Kingston and Nade and the form of Berra has improved the team significantly. As has the non appearance of Mole and Miko.

PresidentRomanov
People have such short memories.

I did not renew this season and nothing has happened so far for me to change my position.

Translate: we're not top of the league.

"we need to attract people back".

yes.... but what do they want in the way of inducment? do they need welcomed back amidst a big ticker tape parade down gorgie road? no. do they need to be awarded a medal? no.

it's simple... just come back, no recriminations, everyone an equally good hearts fan... and all that jazz.

why does it have to be any more complex than that?

i buy my S/T and go to the games to support the team not Romanov, always have aways will.

funny how the stay away fans were happy to go along in 2006 when we all new Vlad was picking the team, then again we were 2nd and winning the cup ;)

Archived