Motherwell tickets (merged threads)

jeewo

Just phoned Motherwell no cash facilities

I predict that will change come Saturday. I can't see them refusing hundreds of people admission. They need the money. This happened last season as well and has happened at several grounds throughout the country. They want us to buy tickets in advance because they are able to charge a booking fee.

Any away ticket scheme members got their tickets yet?

Just found out that Motherwell & Celtic tickets arrived this Morning, other ATS members should hopefully be the same!

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'll be making to short trip from Glasgow without a ticket but I'm sure they'll end up putting on some kind of ticketting facilities. Although that stupid wee ticket office is far too wee, they really need to put the cash gates on.

Motherwell SHOULD make it a cash gate - they have about a 4,000 seater stand to house away fans, they might aswell take full advantage of it...

It's never pay at the gate through there but you can usually buy a ticket at the main stand then walk round.

An outright non truth;)

Any away ticket scheme members got their tickets yet?

Got mine last week but they overcharged me. :mad: Sent an email to get it changed but no reply after 4 days. :sad:

An outright non truth;)

Well not in recent seasons it aint! Fair enough going back to the mid-late 90's it was but every time I've made the journey through in the last 5-6 seasons you've had to buy the tickets round at the ticket office main stand.

Well not in recent seasons it aint! Fair enough going back to the mid-late 90's it was but every time I've made the journey through in the last 5-6 seasons you've had to buy the tickets round at the ticket office main stand.

Well post what you really mean then:p

Is it too late to buy tickets online for this game or will I have to go over to Tynecastle to get them.

Also are they on sale in the St James' centre shop?

peebles jambo

i'd almost certain the last time i went there, there was a cash gate, i certainly never had a ticket, will be going on sat wuthout a ticket

i'd almost certain the last time i went there, there was a cash gate, i certainly never had a ticket, will be going on sat wuthout a ticket

was there with the laddie without tickets last game.... you have to buy tickets at main office, then walk round

Just found out that there is not going to be a cash gate for this Saturday's game.

Tickets from tynecastle only......

Romanov Stole My Pension

Health and safety? What a load of ****e.

I live in Glasgow and there's no way I'll be able to go through to Tynecastle to get a ticket before the game, but I just live a short journey away.

It sounds as if they've made up their minds but surely they'll change and put cash gates on. They'll end up throwing a lot of money away without selling on the day. Clubs like Motherwell who get pish poor crowds cannot afford to turn down money like this.

Does anyone know if the Motherwell end will have cash gates?

Really considering this now... Whats it like getting there via train? and is it pricey?

Wasnt going to as I'm heading to Sellik game next week and know thats going to be a pricey weekend... but as the weekend grows closer and the bird starts making plans for me the urge is getting too much.

Hmmm... to go or not to go... that is the question.

MackaysCentreSpot

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=236&Itemid=203

Home fans have pay at the gate.

Tickets for the Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture against Hearts on Saturday 6th December are available on the gate at Fir Park, with admission prices as follows:

Adults ?22 South / O'Donnell / Cooper - ?18 East

Concessions ?15 South / O'Donnell / Cooper - ?14 East

Juveniles ?12 South / O'Donnell / Cooper - ?9 East

* Concessions (Over 65's and students with valid matriculation)

** Juveniles (U16's)

Just back from Tynecastle TO.

I thought under 12s were getting in free on Sat - not according to Hearts. :mad:

I thought Motherwell had changed their ticket policy i.e. reduced the prices for the Old Firm games and all other teams would have free tickets for kids as long as they were accompanied by an adult (cash at turnstiles) . Was going to take the wee one on Saturday, but can't go now as I will not make it to the TO in time and wouldn't trust the post so close to the game.

Sergio Garcia

Was discussing this game with my boss this morning (he being a well season ticket) and he thinks if the snow comes as forecast in lanarkshire tonight and over next few days. Doubtful the game will go ahead.

Ive already got my ticket safely in my brothers flat,although even only a street a way in Forth can be a treachourus walk in the snow!

Was discussing this game with my boss this morning (he being a well season ticket) and he thinks if the snow comes as forecast in lanarkshire tonight and over next few days. Doubtful the game will go ahead.

Ive already got my ticket safely in my brothers flat,although even only a street a way in Forth can be a treachourus walk in the snow!

Was just thinking that. Doesnt look too bad tho.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2705

MackaysCentreSpot
I thought Motherwell had changed their ticket policy i.e. reduced the prices for the Old Firm games and all other teams would have free tickets for kids as long as they were accompanied by an adult (cash at turnstiles) . Was going to take the wee one on Saturday, but can't go now as I will not make it to the TO in time and wouldn't trust the post so close to the game.

They have.

Motherwell slash prices for league

Oct 16 2008 by Andrew McGilvray, Hamilton Advertiser

MOTHERWELL FC have slashed their ticket prices in a bid to make football more affordable ? but Hamilton supporters will still pay full price.

Tickets for category A fixtures against Celtic and Rangers will be reduced to ?15 for adults and ?10 for children.

Category B games against Hamilton, Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs will remain the standard price, but under 12s will be admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult.

Juvenile season ticket-holders will also be able to bring a friend for free.

Motherwell fans will be able to watch category C fixtures against Dundee United, Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Falkirk and Inverness Caley Thistle in the south stand, and juveniles will be allowed free entry when accompanied by an adult paying just ?10.

Visiting fans will be housed in the Phil O?Donnell Stand for these matches and they, along with all other remaining areas of the ground, can expect to pay standard gate prices. However, children will be allowed free entry when accompanied by a paying adult, while juvenile season ticket-holders will be able to bring a friend for free.[/Quote]

netherleejambo
They have.

Have been conned by this before - turned up expecting to pay half price for concession but it only applied to home fans!

Don't know where the health and safety arguement comes from - all that will happen is away fans will pay at the gate and sit in the away end - how daft is that!

MackaysCentreSpot
Visiting fans will be housed in the Phil O’Donnell Stand for these matches and they, along with all other remaining areas of the ground, can expect to pay standard gate prices. However, children will be allowed free entry when accompanied by a paying adult, while juvenile season ticket-holders will be able to bring a friend for free. [/Quote]

Just of the phone with Motherwell and this offer has stopped and will be reintroduced for certain games only.

Also enquired to why Hearts have not been offered a pay at the gate/buy tickets on matchday and the home fans have. As far as she is aware Hearts are always offered a pay at the gate/buy tickets on matchday option and does not understand why this is not the case for Sat.

She is going to speak with the those in the know and will phone me back.

Stay tuned.

MCS

netherleejambo
If you can't go, I'm told the full game is on BBC Alba in the evening. Be a likely lads kind of afternoon though...

Especially if it's snowed off!

Sergio Garcia
Have been conned by this before - turned up expecting to pay half price for concession but it only applied to home fans!

Don't know where the health and safety arguement comes from - all that will happen is away fans will pay at the gate and sit in the away end - how daft is that!

Have to disagree here with not getting concession in the away mate, been getting one at cash gates/in their tiny wee ticket office for years.

Just of the phone with Motherwell and this offer has stopped and will be reintroduced for certain games only.

Also enquired to why Hearts have not been offered a pay at the gate/buy tickets on matchday and the home fans have. As far as she is aware Hearts are always offered a pay at the gate/buy tickets on matchday option and does not understand why this is not the case for Sat.

Stay tuned.

MCS

I called as well (sorry no pun intended) - spoke to Jade.

Offer been removed and it's ?12 for my 5 y.o. Smashing.

On top of ?18 for Darkheid for him.

Pair of w*nkers.

The People's Chimp
Health and safety? What a load of ****e.

I live in Glasgow and there's no way I'll be able to go through to Tynecastle to get a ticket before the game, but I just live a short journey away.

It sounds as if they've made up their minds but surely they'll change and put cash gates on. They'll end up throwing a lot of money away without selling on the day. Clubs like Motherwell who get pish poor crowds cannot afford to turn down money like this.

Does anyone know if the Motherwell end will have cash gates?

Totally spot on. It's an absolute joke.

I called as well (sorry no pun intended) - spoke to Jade.

Offer been removed and it's ?12 for my 5 y.o. Smashing.

On top of ?18 for Darkheid for him.

Pair of w*nkers.

The kids prices are pretty rotten across the board though. Have never understood why they don't do more one-off promotions at Tynie for cat B games...or even just give a decent discount. For anyone who has more than one kid, it just gets into silly figures.

Charging even ?10 for a 5 yr old is still ludicrous, there should at least be an under 8 concession...

Stay tuned.

MCS

Did they say why our kids weren't eligable to gain free access when the rest of the SPL has been?

I'm going to have to break the news to the wee man gently. There's no way they're getting my cash for him, purely out of principle!

Auldreekie1874

Motherwell have announced to the world a scheme to let kids enter free, then pulled it without a word of warning.

I expect the press to pick up on this now and i look forward to the "Well in financial difficulties" headlines tomorrow.

I wont be holding my breath though. Now if a certain Edinburgh club had done likewise.....

:sad:

MackaysCentreSpot
Did they say why our kids weren't eligable to gain free access when the rest of the SPL has been?

I'm going to have to break the news to the wee man gently. There's no way they're getting my cash for him, purely out of principle!

No but what she did say was that she thought it had actually only been implemented for the Hamilton game so we are not alone to miss out.

No but what she did say was that she thought it had actually only been implemented for the Hamilton game so we are not alone to miss out.

Ah, ok. Not so bad then.

I could've swore they made a big thing about it with the currant buns though.

At the end of the day Well have no reason to let kids in for free.

Its a shame but ?12 for a kid isnt unreasonable for the SPL these days,

Re the cash gate, hearts have for a while now always asked for all ticket and the clubs comply, if there are tickets left I wouldnt be surprised to see a late announcement of a cash gate.

Re the cash gate, hearts have for a while now always asked for all ticket and the clubs comply, if there are tickets left I wouldnt be surprised to see a late announcement of a cash gate.

At the end of the day, they said they would.

I don't grudge ?12 for my boy and I agree, it is reasonable, but if I hear it's been good enough for other clubs kids to get in for free but not ours, that's what I have a problem with!

Ah the expert in everything speaks again.

MackaysCentreSpot

This would certainly bring up a interesting question if they did that.

They inform Hearts that they cannot sell tickets on the day for health and safety reasons and then have a pay at the gate..........what happened to the health and safety arguement.

This would certainly bring up a interesting question if they did that.

They inform Hearts that they cannot sell tickets on the day for health and safety reasons and then have a pay at the gate..........what happened to the health and safety arguement.

There no smoking sign makes up for any breach. It works on a points system.

Archived