Michael Stewart - No room in midfield, sorry !

Midloth_Iain

Wonder how he feels at the moment.

Was pretty much a "first pick" for Csaba, even when not playing well, yet as soon as his ban kicks in, his replacement and those around him start to play our best football of the season.

On current form, Ruben, Karapidis and Aguiar more than deserve to stay in the team.

Good to have some healthy competition in midfield. :cool:

Good Jambo, good player... on his game he is our best at winning and holding the ball in midfield... partnering Agiuar he'd be tops... still a much better option than Ruben as long as he watches his temper!.:mad:

He'll be back for the Mudderwell game!:)

I guess he shouldnt walk back into the team

But then again neither should Zaliukas as we had not been losing goals without him.

I'd like to see if Stewart could adapt to playing the holding/defensive midfielder role. I think he and his form suffer from him having too much flexibility in midfield. He has the energy and the basic grit in my opinion to play a holding role and the discipline of having precise duties would probably work with him.

A good chance to try it this weekend would be to move Kari to left back and him into that role.

It wont happen, but its just a thought.

Penalties, free kicks and corners, are taken by whoever the manager tells to take them. So where you get this Mikey Stewart "wants to take all the corners, penalties and free kicks" idea from I've no idea. It's up to the manager who takes them.

We all know you've no idea. That's been patently obvious for some time.

Moving out of fantasy land back to the real situation, my take is that the team played well without him, so Mikey should have to wait his turn.

I don't think you do that often enough.

Perhaps sitting on the bench for a few games due to getting a silly red card might make him think twice next time he feels like raising his hands to someone.......

A sensible comment from you. Eh?

I notice you've changed your signature again to something positive. My goodness. You wanted a manager and got one: then you were not so sure: now he's the greatest. Does that suggest you now think CL is in full control and responsible for this turnaround, however temporary? Roll on the good times! Hallelujah!

I guess he shouldnt walk back into the team

But then again neither should Zaliukas as we had not been losing goals without him.

I'd like to see if Stewart could adapt to playing the holding/defensive midfielder role. I think he and his form suffer from him having too much flexibility in midfield. He has the energy and the basic grit in my opinion to play a holding role and the discipline of having precise duties would probably work with him.

A good chance to try it this weekend would be to move Kari to left back and him into that role.

It wont happen, but its just a thought.

You make a lot of sense with this idea. Can I suggest Ruben to left back, he's a left foot player and might be more comfortable there than Kara?

Elroyofderovers
You make a lot of sense with this idea. Can I suggest Ruben to left back, he's a left foot player and might be more comfortable there than Kara?

He likes to try and play football a bit too much to be trusted at left back. Left foot or no left foot! I mean Christy Brown (My Left Foot, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097937/) had a decent left foot but you surely wouldn't play him at left back?:o

stewart has been 1 of our best players this season but i agree the current midfield does look good for him to jump bk into

Guest kw:jambosx
When Stewart is playing he wants to take all the corners, penalties and free kicks which begs the question "Would we have scored 2 goals from set pieces on Saturday?"

Stewart is a very good midfeilder, but is never playing game after game because he gets sent in a few games. Although he takes the corners and free kicks but we have got wee Bruno back and he seems to be quite good at them eh ;). But I think Stewart should be welcomed back to the game at Motherwell and see how he plays. If at halftime he is not playing to good get him off because we want to make it six in a row eh ;)? And i dont think he was in more than one of they 5 games. I dont know who to put on the bench though, you could have Stewart there first. Its good Hearts are having a real competition for to put the best midfielders on cause we have so many good ones, but we need a few new strikers who will score ALOT and maybe make Nade score.

stewart has been 1 of our best players this season but i agree the current midfield does look good for him to jump bk into

Apart from the Well game on the opening day he's been poor IMO. I can't understand why people still rate the guy.

Our two best performances of the season were the last 2 games v Falkirk and Rangers - I don't think its any coincidence that he was not playing in either.

Archived