Realistically What Are Hearts Fans Expections This Season?

Guest juvehearts

Realistically What Are Hearts Fans Expections This Season?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Realistically What Are Hearts Fans Expections This Season?

• Splitting The OF
    • European Football 3rd Place
    • A top 6 finish
    • Just An Inprovement On Last Season
    • St. Johnstone

Guest juvehearts

Last season was one of the worst in hearts SPL history.

So many issues arised & were rife throughout the season, still we managed to reach a semi-final & defeat the OF.

Inconstancy played a large part in last season, players not stepping up to the mark & not having a manager for the proportion of the season did not help.

This season we still have the same crop of players, but a manager, an unknown manager but a very intelligent manager whit good tactical skills.

So far we have completed a 1/4 of the season, winning 5 on the bounce!

Fantastic, considering only 1 month ago we were 8th!!

We are sitting in 3rd & people are getting carried away already, comparing this to George burley & splitting the OF.

Rangers are 7 points clear of hearts & Dundee united are points behind us with a better Goal Difference.

So I take this pole & ask where hearts fans realistically expect us to finish come May.

personally INVHO i would accept a top 6 finish, this is a long season & Coming up into December which is the most important part of ANY season, we have 3 away games & 2 Home over the festive period.

Motherwell, Celtic & Aberdeen away, UTD & the wee team at Home.

I'd be delighted if we managed out of the next 5 games 8/15pts. their is defiantly scope for 11/15. i put down a draw at motherwell.

Over to you,

Juve

loveofthegame

Europe, which of course= top 4. Thats what i look for every season. Its also where Hearts as a club should be finishing every season.

the expectation surely now has to be 3rd place. all the pieces are in place to be able to kick on and achieve that.

we can't do any better than 3rd but lower than 3rd would seem like underachievement.

a possible cup run? even a final? you never know.

Guest juvehearts

well i think the most hearts fans expcet from the club is to make the semi finals of both cups & a 3rd place finish every season.

once every blue moon we make a cup final & when the dish runs away with the spoon we win it!

its happened twice in my lifetime.

imangine being a hobo?

what is their realistic SPL ambitions?

surley a top 6 finish?

well i think the most hearts fans expcet from the club is to make the semi finals of both cups & a 3rd place finish every season.

once every blue moon we make a cup final & when the dish runs away with the spoon we win it!

its happened twice in my lifetime.

imangine being a hobo?

what is their realistic SPL ambitions?

surley a top 6 finish?

what? chuck all the carpets and electrical goods oot the hoose, sign on the dole, wear trampy clothes and talk utter pish?

no ta.

Guest juvehearts
what? chuck all the carpets and electrical goods oot the hoose, sign on the dole, wear trampy clothes and talk utter pish?

no ta.

You'd Still be a POSH hobo.

the majority lives in a caravan

****** the lot of them

I hope we get into europe, but a top 6 finnish would do me fine. It would be a huge inprovement from last season..

jamboinglasgow

at the beginning, certainly a top six finish.

now: top 4 (Europe)

i think we should not talk about spilting the of yet but what excites me is that with the same team from last (his signings except the goalies haven't really featured) he has got us 3pts clear in 3rd place (and more importantly 8pts clear of a 5th place that is changing constantly.) Imagine what we can do with his team, next season is looking more and more exciting, but for once it is exciting watching this season.

I have ticked third, However at the start of the season I would have taken any improvement, yes even 7th as long as we could see some direction. Now having seen what everyone else is like ( even the OF) I want third( be happy with 4th if we get europe).

top 4 would be a great achevment after last season, considering its pretty much the same crop of players...

hopefully we will get a striker in the transfer window and another defender to strenthen the team.

A Boy Named Crow

Expectations change as the season goes on. In August I just wanted something better than last year, now I'll be disappointed if we don't qualify for Europe. I was speaking to a Celtic fan yesterday who was certain Rangers will go into free-fall after Christmas. Apparently Murray is being squeezed since his banking arrangements went from HBOS to Lloyd-TSB. This guy reckons there could be a fire sale at Ibrox in Christmas - who knows, I might need to revise my expectations again!

portobellojambo1

All I looked for at the start of the season was an improvement on last season, which I don't think was a lot to ask.

At this time we are getting that, I do not have any expectations, but would hope we could maintain a level that could see us get back into European football.

My expectations are that we have to treat every single game as if it were against the OF.

I don't want to look any further ahead than the next game.

40 years of following the Hearts has taught me that lesson.

Snake Plissken

European football should always be the expectations of a season with Hearts.

The next 3 weeks will have a huge bearing on that target.

We have Motherwell and Celtic away and a huge match with Dundee United at home.

Win/draw against Motherwell to keep the points gap over United

United play Rangers the same week we play Celtic so both sides will probably lose and if we can beat United at home then we'll be looking at a very welcome points gap between the two sides and no matches against the Old Firm for a good while.

A European slot should always be a minimum expectation for our club.

This year......I'll wait until the january window is over before I make any predictions.

Making the cut for the top 6 generally requires about 44 points from 33 games

with 17 games to go we only need another 15 to hit that mark.

It would take an epic collapse in form for us not to make it.

I expect 3rd

Another 3 or 4 wins and a couple of draws virtually secures top six. so I'd certainly expect at least that now.

If at some stage before March/ April time we go on another 5 or 6 game winning streak, I'd expect us to finish at least 4th

Pushing it to 3rd might need us to beat Dundee Utd at least twice. Two home games against them to come so thats very possible.

Dare I say it, there is a very slim chance of second if we really go on a run and Rangers pyschologically throw the towel in on the title (which they probably lost yesterday) in the next 5 or 6 weeks.

At the start of the season i expected a top 5 finish and a decent cup run. My expectations have not really changed, although its looking like a tight battle for 3rd is our minimum expectation. If Utd beat us to 3rd but we gave it a right good go then i would be happy.

There is no way we will finish 2nd.

p.s Does the cup winning slot still go to the runner up or is it being passed down the league placings? Im sure it was supposed to change this season but chick dungs blog suggests otherwise.

At the start of the season I was hoping for a top 6 finish but once we appointed a manager and heard him speak and seeing our league position now, I would say 3rd place.

Surely 3rd and getting europe is our goal.

IMO it's a must if we are to attract any real decent players better than what we already have for a bigger and better push next season.

i thought at the start of the season that 4th would be a sucessfull season considering last year - still if they want to finish 3rd then thats fine also.:)

Frankenstein Jambo.

I expect hearts to win the league every year because thats what the players sole focus should be. As the season progresses the players aims should be to reach the highest expectations - right now it should be to finish second.

I'm still only looking first and foremost towards finishing in the top six. If we're still in or around third place after 22 games, that'll be when to start looking higher.

Anyone who does not believe we will get europe is stupid. Europe definately, 3rd probaly, 2nd possibly! Lets be positive people:)

Mac_fae_Gillie

3rd or 4th place and Europe

but a fight for third place to go the distance against D/utd.

They will no doubt leap above us by xmas,but we have a larger squad and injuries/suspensions from xmas to seasons end should help us.

As the OF are always out of view by xmas this looks to be a good season...:rolleyes:

I've opted for top 6 as I think we will lose two or three of our best players in January and we don't have the quality in our squad to cope with that kind of loss.

I'm not upset about it though, we must balance the books and a few ?million would be welcome revenue just now

i'll be happy if romanov leaves casaba to get on with the job of managing hearts.

i hope our manager is given the resources to take hearts to the top with nobody messing him about.

Archived