Splitting the OF

kojak

Don't know what people think about this, but having seen both halves of the OF at Tynie, I believe that we are in with a shout of at least splitting them. Celtic are the better of the two but yesterday demonstrated a real togetherness and intelligence in our play which was far too much for Rangers. I don't see much quality anywhere else so assuming we keep clear of big injury problems, is second a realistic aim ?

Don't know what people think about this, but having seen both halves of the OF at Tynie, I believe that we are in with a shout of at least splitting them. Celtic are the better of the two but yesterday demonstrated a real togetherness and intelligence in our play which was far too much for Rangers. I don't see much quality anywhere else so assuming we keep clear of big injury problems, is second a realistic aim ?

Yesterday was a one off, the previous Celtic game is closer to the norm.

3rd is the very best we can hope for.

I think as good as our results have been this season. To suggest we can finish second is getting a wee bit carried away, Perhaps an aim for next season with a few quality signings. Third would be great this season

Gav Aitchison

At the moment, I still think third is the most sensible target this season. If January's signings are good enough though, then it may be something we can realistically strive for next season.

Yesterday we raised our game. If the players can move on from this game and maintain that level of concentration and performance then, yes, we could challenge for 2nd, but I?ve seen too many Hearts teams have a good result then flop a week later, to go getting my hopes up just yet...

St Mingin? also beat Rangers at home...but you don?t see them touting themselves for 2nd. They?d be hoping for second last!!!!

It would take some spending in January to make that possible. Rangers and Celtic are lightyears ahead of any other team in the SPL. In a one off game the smaller teams might be able to raise their game and beat them but over the course of a season the gulf in class is too much.

I suspect whover finishes 3rd will be at least 20 points behind the 2nd place team and that is with the Old Firm being in their worst state in years. Scottish Football really is garbage.

Jam Tarts 1874

I don't think that we will pick up enough points away from home to compete. Also we just do not get the sort of decisions Rangers and Celtic get on their travels that gift them the points.

Keeping the current squad together and adding a couple of strikers in January might make it possible for us to achieve a clear 3rd, but I don't think 2nd is viable at all.

In all reality given current cash flow issues, we will be losing key players come January and it remains to be seen whether the replacements brough in, either externally or through the youth team, will be good enough to maintain our current form.

Let's walk before we can run guys.

Can we go on a run that establishes us as one of the "top three" before we start aiming for second.

Mac_fae_Gillie

No chance...

Would like to see rangers implode though.

What gets me is this is same team as last year(except keeper),team spirit is back,We know players have individual skills and that Csaba has intentions of booting some players(8) and getting another 4 to strengthen.Things are looking good but gun jumping no point.

Still couple games before xmas with far more vital teams to defeat than any of our last 5opponents.but think we got Uefa cup in the bag if not 3rd place.

5 wins on the trot is great, but lets not get too excited here.

Another 12 points from the games against Motherwell, Celtic, Dundee United, sheep and Hibs, then maybe we could be in with a shout.

If Csaba can bring in a few quality signings in January and next Summer then possibly next year we can split them.

At the moment we are still going to be 3rd at best come the end of the season.

Archived