Dodgy December

hmfc_liam06

3 away ties in December, Motherwell Celtic and Aberdeen. 1 home tie to Dundee United. Coming off the back of 5 wins on the trot how does everyone see this going? Personally 2 wins and 2 draws would keep me happy.

StAndrewsHMFC

Anything from Parkhead is a bonus, but the other 3 are really big games for us now, if we win those 3 it would be dreamland compared to what most us thought would happen at the start of the season, and a probably huge gap back to 4th

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

If we can take 7 points from that lot we will be doing okay.

A real tester coming up but when you are on a winning roll...

Please Vlad, no festive surprises to upset the apple cart.

That's all I want for Xmas...

If we can take 7 points from that lot we will be doing okay.

A real tester coming up but when you are on a winning roll...

Please Vlad, no festive surprises to upset the apple cart.

That's all I want for Xmas...

Not like you to mention Vlad:rolleyes:

At the moment I'm not bothered. As I mentioned on another thread, we're already one point ahead of our total from the first round of games (14 points) on this second round. The run isn't going to last forever. We'll still be in a decent position to challenge for third come the New Year even if we completely foul up the next four games, though obviously I'd rather we didn't.

Motherwell - Win

Celtic - Draw (but prob lose to a shocking refereeing decision)

Aberdeen -Win

Dundee United - Win

Minimum 9 points.

Happy Christmas

Roll on the hobos

The most important game of that lot is Dundee United at home. If we win that game and get 4/5 points from the away games, I'd be happy, we'd be guarenteed 3rd going into the new year.

Gav Aitchison

Should certainly be looking to beat Motherwell next week. Anything at Parkhead would be a bonus. Dundee Utd at home is vital, and a win there would really set us up nicely for a push for third place.

Geoff Kilpatrick

No fears about going to Motherwell or Aberdeen based on our current run of form.

The other two games will be very difficult but as someone said above, 7 from 12 would be a satisfactory total out of those 4.

Then pump h**s to start 2009 and that would be 39 pts from 22! :)

Would be delighted with 7 points from that lot.

Don't think we will take anything from Celtic.

Would take a draw against Dundee Utd though as we have been murder against them recently!

Come On The Hearts !!!!

The Old Tolbooth
9/7 points i would be delighted

Now that would be just amazing :laugh:

Here's the way I see it, Celtic are the best team in the league (supposedly) and Rangers are supposed to be not far off their standard. The rest are pish, but we're the only side to have shown any consistency in the last few weeks.

Inverness went to darkhied today and almost managed a point, any team you like has went to Aberdeen this season and walked away with 3 points, apart from M'well today. A freekin awful Hibs team went to M'well last week and took 4 off them.

With the above in mind, what the hell do we have to fear exactly?

Now that would be just amazing :laugh:

Here's the way I see it, Celtic are the best team in the league (supposedly) and Rangers are supposed to be not far off their standard. The rest are pish, but we're the only side to have shown any consistency in the last few weeks.

Inverness went to darkhied today and almost managed a point, any team you like has went to Aberdeen this season and walked away with 3 points, apart from M'well today. A freekin awful Hibs team went to M'well last week and took 4 off them.

With the above in mind, what the hell do we have to fear exactly?

Our biggest fear is ourselves. :rolleyes:

Right lets look at these games one at a time.

Motherwell, 4 points out of the last 15 possible.

They will be looking to prove themselfs in front of the home support, however as long as we don't get complacent I can see us taking three points, preventing us doing this is two main points.

1. Left back - Jonnson? Driver? Obua? whoever plays there must be competent.

2. Michael Stewart - sorry mate, we are better without you, however i fear Csaba may dissagree.

Celtic - 15 points out of the last 15 possible

No beating about the bush - we go into this game as the underdogs, however we did that today too. We have show we can win there in the past - however we must play well, Recently Celtic have looked dogey against Hamilton and ICT, so I think at least we can give them a game.

Dundee Unt - 10 out of the last 15 possible.

Rightly have been dubbed our "bogey team" - and with good reason.

Our closest competiton for 3rd place, and as others have said before me - a very important game to win, this may be a case of looking for a quick goal and then camping in the 6 yard box like the hamilton game. We can beat this team.

Aberdeen - 7 points out of the last 15 possible.

Get Nade on their case - the sheep are easy.

C'mon The Hearts!

Very important not to lose more than one of the next 4, although I think we can win at Motherwell and Aberdeen

Celtic at Parkhead is always a "free game" because hardly anyone takes anything from there

Dundee Utd at home, as people have said, is massive !!!

I'd be happy with 7 points provided we follow it up with a win at New Year and then we're back in the "easier" run of fixtures.

Dundee Uts's next 4 matches are:

ICT - away

Rangers - home

Hearts - away

Falkirk - home

How does everyone think they'll do in these 4 matches?

ICT - away

Rangers - home

Hearts - away

Falkirk - home

7 points.....maybe 8

I thought 7 points myself.

Wont be far off, and we'll get around the same from the next four.

If we're still ahead of Utd at the turn of the year I think we'll stay there.

Listen Motherwell are no great shakes at the moment and we have a good record against the Sheep up there and their own home record is not great, so no reason why not to keep things going for a while yet, we just need to BELIEVE !!! The Celtic game is another story, but if we go into that on the back of continued good results then anything is possible before the home matches with the Arabs and Pen Nibs. As I said BELIEVE !!!

ICT - away win

Rangers - home lose (pleeeeeeeeeeeease win!!!)

Hearts - away lose

Falkirk - home draw

would be good for us, heck lets get the gers now! shoooogly peg for walter

loveofthegame

Don't think we should fear anyone. Its a tough run but yesterdays win takes some off the pressure off and answers some of the doubters. Think we'll pick up 7 points at least, which would be a pretty decent return.

The most important game of that lot is Dundee United at home.

It will be indeed.

Once again I'll be attempting to break my curse of not having seen us win in 90 minutes since 2005.

My only game this year so far has been Celtic...

LarrysRightFoot

It may be a cliche but every game taken individually is winnable - even celtic at parkhead. Im pretty sure thats how Csaba thinks.

However, i am not saying we WILL win all these games but i firmly believe that we can beat motherwell next week and then we can take it from there.

Thunderstruck

We have successfuly negotiated "Nervous November" taking 15 out of 18 points available and losing only 4 goals in the process, one an own goal and the other of the debatable variety (the second v Sellik).

With a solid defence and the return of Bruno, Csaba has formed a resilient side with the abilty to get in about opponents. So one-game-at-a-time and let's enjoy the football.

Archived