Barry Ferguson - The disliked bigot.

Dave 1974

the most detestable thing about ferguson for me is the outrageous protection he gets from referees, and the fact that he damn well knows it and uses it to his advantage.

countless times he has deserved bookings for bad challenges and mouthing off to referees but they haven't been punished.

he has got to be about the most favoured player ever to have played in scotland, he gets away with murder.

Similar to the protection that Shearerm got when he was playing. It apparently wasn't the done thing to book or send-off the England captain.

Tin hat on, but I don't actually mind Ferguson that much. Aye, he's a pain in the erse on the pitch - plenty of people thought that about Hartley when he was with us - if the opposition don't like the way you play, you're usually doing something right.

He doesn't seem to get overly involved with the fans and off the pitch, you don't hear all that much about him. Okay so he moans a bit at the ref - see Mikey Stewart. Compare him to guys like Novo, Boruc, Lennon and Riordan, he's not that bad.

As for his ability, he's clearly not pish, although his good peformances are exaggerated as great, average ones as good etc, especially for Scotland. Overrated by many, yet still a gd player.

totally agree.

Derek had the potential and could have been better, but Barry Ferguson has been a better player across his career.

Derek Ferguson is one of my favourite Hearts players, and would get a game (maybe from the bench) in my team from the time watching Hearts. But that doesn't mean he was a better player than Barry.

Agreed -Derek Ferguson never really fulfilled his potential. You could argue that Barry hasn't either but he's still had a better career.

No idea of what Rangers fans are saying about him.

But I think he's a tremendous player who had a very indifferent game today.

I think he is one of the most overrated cheating little s**its in Scottish football and an ar***hole to boot!

Basketball Barry, is the most over rated player in Scottish football, a poor mans Paul McStay.:sterb119:

paul McStay..cmon youve taken that too far.Another vastly overated OF player.

paul McStay..cmon youve taken that too far.Another vastly overated OF player.

ohhhh barry barry u went to blackburn rovers and you done feck all(8):):hobofish:

He captained Blackburn Rovers whilst in Lancashire. Unfortunately he missed Glasgow too much so the challenge became to much for him and he went home.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
no he didn't, Simon davies ran hearts ragged.fud fergeuson got lucky at hampden.

He plays for Fulham.

I suspect you meant Steve Davis.

:P

alwaysthereinspirit
:eek: Wow. How much of a pain in the @$$ is he? Never stops mouthing off to both officials and opposition players. Also he's pretty crap.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Fair enough. I stand corrected and apologise to Mr Brown

I should think so. It was fairly obvious he was quoting Follow Follow and not airing his own views!

Old Pivotonian
I personally think Ferguson was a very good player Coco, who has been to an extent ruined (however given recent past history I do not know if that ruin has been as a result of his choice of where he now plays, or Rangers choice of where he now plays).

Ferguson was at his most effective when played by Rangers just in behind the strikers, he was a big danger around the penalty box, however he became less of a danger when he moved back into a much deeper role for them. Yesterday he looked as if he was playing even deeper, actually alongside their back 4, which is good news for other clubs, and as a result I would say he looked hopeless yesterday rather than performed indifferently.[/QUOTE]

Spot on Iain.

I'm delighted he plays at the back for Rangers. It suits us down to the ground. Sadly, on the few occasions in recent years that he has bothered playing for his country, he ends up playing in the same ineffective position.

I also can't understand why so many 'posters' on here praise up Derek Ferguson, i watched him regularly when he played for us, and as somebody else said, he only turned it on ocasionally. A poor signing for us, vastly overrated.

Archived