Barry Ferguson - The disliked bigot.

Dave 1974

It can only happen on a Rangers board.

Looks like they have fallen out of love with Barry the crab.

Amongst other things, he's a bigot, yes, bigot, who disgraces the Rangers jersey.

This is comedy gold.

Amongst other things, he's a bigot, yes, bigot, who disgraces the Rangers jersey.

This is comedy gold.

Is it the Rangers fans themselves, calling Bazza a bigot?

Strange as I believe he is married to a Catholic.

Would seem so. They are very disgruntled lot over at FF at the mo.

Me and my Budweiser are enjoying the banter.

Would seem so. They are very disgruntled lot over at FF at the mo.

Me and my Budweiser are enjoying the banter.

Not a surprise, they're about to lose their 4th title to Gordon Strachan.

If I was a Ger I'd be thinking about hitting the class A stuff.

But I think he's a tremendous player

Given your opinions on Robbie Neilson, I'll let that one slide. :P

Barry Ferguson couldn't lace his brothers boots and is vastly overatted by many in this country, IMO.

Sends his kids "to a bigot factory" apparently.

This is comedy gold.

Basketball Barry, is the most over rated player in Scottish football, a poor mans Paul McStay.:sterb119:

Barry Ferguson couldn't lace his brothers boots and is vastly overatted by many in this country, IMO.

That's the gospel brother.

Derek was far superior.

Now that's another discussion.;)

Will I indulge?

No, Maybe later.

:)

Given your opinions on Robbie Neilson, I'll let that one slide. :P

Derek had the potential and could have been better, but Barry Ferguson has been a better player across his career.

Derek Ferguson is one of my favourite Hearts players, and would get a game (maybe from the bench) in my team from the time watching Hearts. But that doesn't mean he was a better player than Barry.

One assumes some kind of catholic school, though I could be wrong.

That confuses me ever more. Ferguson is being accused of being bigoted against Protestants?

I think some Rangers fans need to put the Buckfast down and step away from the valium.

Derek had the potential and could have been better, but Barry Ferguson has been a better player across his career.

Derek Ferguson is one of my favourite Hearts players, and would get a game (maybe from the bench) in my team from the time watching Hearts. But that doesn't mean he was a better player than Barry.

It's a commonly accepted myth that Barry Ferguson is somehow Scotland's Deco.

He's absolutely one dimensional and just a more mobile Neil Lennon.

Steven Gerrard he is not.

He's absolutely one dimensional and just a more mobile Niel Lennon.

I don't think he's as good as Deco or Gerrard or Ronaldo or Messi or Pele or Best ...

But I think he has been a tremendous player across his career.

I don't think he's as good as Deco or Gerrard or Ronaldo or Messi or Pele or Best ...

I agree with you Coco.

BF is a very good player.

I quite like him.

Ferguson showed the potential to be a really top player before he moved to Blackburn. He never settled there and since he's come back to Rangers he's been very hot and cold for them. He's still the best midfielder in the SPL on his game, without doubt.

Big fish, small pond kind of player.

No idea of what Rangers fans are saying about him.

But I think he's a tremendous player who had a very indifferent game today.

Eh????????????????????

who cares,

we won they didnt

King barry got found out at his spell at blackburn.

always has & will be shi'ite

Spot on, I am only bothered about the fantastic display today that resulted in a very comfortable win against one one of the 'bigot sisters'!!!!

jack D and coke
That's the gospel brother.

Derek was far superior.

This is a subject that i cant understand. In what way was Derek far superior to Barry? Serious question like. Derek had maybe more potential but to say he was a far superior player is total nonsense.

Compare their careers and its not a contest. I seen a young Derek at Rangers when he promised to become something great and he would play 4 games a season when he came to us against Rangers an Celtic. He was humpty the rest of the time. I read that his dad hates Hearts fans because of the abuse we used to give Derek because of how sh*te he was when he played here. Derek was never a better player than Barry imo.

It sure is a nonsense to say he is garbage. He absolutely bossed us last January when Rangers came to Tynie midweek and revenged the 4-2...We were dreadful that day but he was very good. He?s a classy player. I strongly dislike his torn-faced moaning at the officials but that is part of the job of being an OF captain - they have a special dispensation y?know - and it is more the fact that he gets away with it than that he does it that bothers me. So really it is the referees fault that I dislike Barry Ferguson. Amen.

The only influence Ferguson (and his ned of a brother) have had on the Rangers for a number of years has been deeply negative and disruptive.

His lasting legacy will go down has having been the single most characterless and unworthy captain in the modern history of this club, and one who has overseen lasting decline.

He is a midget of a man. What a fitting captain for Murray's Rangers.

:D

Coco, once again giving your bigoted views on this board!!!!

Please move on!!!!

gorgie rd eh11
Really? You rate Barry over Derek? How so?

Barry is 10 times the player his overrated fandang of a brother was. What did derek win compared to barry? How many caps did derek get? He "played" for Hearts, so what, overrated d**k.

It sure is a nonsense to say he is garbage. He absolutely bossed us last January when Rangers came to Tynie midweek and revenged the 4-2...We were dreadful that day but he was very good. He?s a classy player. I strongly dislike his torn-faced moaning at the officials but that is part of the job of being an OF captain - they have a special dispensation y?know - and it is more the fact that he gets away with it than that he does it that bothers me. So really it is the referees fault that I dislike Barry Ferguson. Amen.

no he didn't, Simon davies ran hearts ragged.fud fergeuson got lucky at hampden.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tin hat on, but I don't actually mind Ferguson that much. Aye, he's a pain in the erse on the pitch - plenty of people thought that about Hartley when he was with us - if the opposition don't like the way you play, you're usually doing something right.

He doesn't seem to get overly involved with the fans and off the pitch, you don't hear all that much about him. Okay so he moans a bit at the ref - see Mikey Stewart. Compare him to guys like Novo, Boruc, Lennon and Riordan, he's not that bad.

As for his ability, he's clearly not pish, although his good peformances are exaggerated as great, average ones as good etc, especially for Scotland. Overrated by many, yet still a gd player.

They haven't liked Ferguson since he made the cardinal sin and left them to go to a bigger club in Blackburn. :)

He's absolutely one dimensional and just a more mobile Neil Lennon.

I have to say i never ever heard that myth before. :eek:

King of the North

This is comedy gold.

I love it - the huns in meltdown.

Why don't you go home

Why don't you go home

The title is over

Why don't you go home.

Barry Ferguson is one of a few Scottish players of any quality in recent years.He is a decent man and he is no bigot.

I suggest the OP contact Barry Ferguson to discuss the matter with him.

King of the North
Barry Ferguson is one of a few Scottish players of any quality in recent years.He is a decent man and he is no bigot.

I suggest the OP contact Barry Ferguson to discuss the matter with him.

It was the Rangers fans referring to Fat Baz as a bigot, not the OP. I think he was merely pointing out the irony of Rangers fans calling anyone a bigot, especially one of their own.

As for Barry being a quality player, I would disagree. He has flattered to decieve for years, was found out big time down south and I honestly struggle to think of a single meaningful contribution he has made to a match I have seen.

I'll take your word he is a decent man, but he comes across as a disgusting wee ned.

If you mean a catholic school then you sir are a bigot and an arse. I went to a catholic school and i am no bigot and a proud jambo.

the thing is barry ferguson is an attacking midfielder, and i will say a good one.. he used to be a 18 goal a season player from midfield before he went down to blackburn... used to bomb forward for scotland as well..

but for some reason he tried to re-invent himself at blackburn as this sitting midfielder who can spray the passes about.. and thats just not his game..

then when he came back to rangers he's still sitting back. he shows flashes of going forward now and again... he's actually a really good finisher... maybe walter should tell him this....

anyway thats what i think... not my problem though the longer he thinks he's beckenbauer the better cause he's crap at it... and i must say he was garbage the day:):)

Catholic School, he's also a friend of "people like Paul Hartley".

:laugh:

If he's a friend of Paul Hartley then he he's a good judge of character. You are pathetic sir.

HMFCjamieHMFC
If he's a friend of Paul Hartley then he he's a good judge of character. You are pathetic sir.

If you mean a catholic school then you sir are a bigot and an arse. I went to a catholic school and i am no bigot and a proud jambo.

Thats not his opinion thats what it says on follow follow

embra jam tart

He's quoting the rangers fan I'm sure? Not his own views.

Bigot.

Konrad von Carstein

The poster can speak for himself but I think you have read his post the wrong way....take a moment to re-read his post and I think you'll see he is laffin at the irony of the Grrrs fans calling anyone a bigot!!!

The poster can speak for himself but I think you have read his post the wrong way....take a moment to re-read his post and I think you'll see he is laffin at the irony of the Grrrs fans calling anyone a bigot!!!

Fair enough. I stand corrected and apologise to Mr Brown

Coco, once again giving your bigoted views on this board!!!!

Please move on!!!!

Strange response.

I assume that you will apologise when you sober up.

portobellojambo1
No idea of what Rangers fans are saying about him.

But I think he's a tremendous player who had a very indifferent game today.

I personally think Ferguson was a very good player Coco, who has been to an extent ruined (however given recent past history I do not know if that ruin has been as a result of his choice of where he now plays, or Rangers choice of where he now plays).

Ferguson was at his most effective when played by Rangers just in behind the strikers, he was a big danger around the penalty box, however he became less of a danger when he moved back into a much deeper role for them. Yesterday he looked as if he was playing even deeper, actually alongside their back 4, which is good news for other clubs, and as a result I would say he looked hopeless yesterday rather than performed indifferently.

It was the Rangers fans referring to Fat Baz as a bigot, not the OP. I think he was merely pointing out the irony of Rangers fans calling anyone a bigot, especially one of their own.

As for Barry being a quality player, I would disagree. He has flattered to decieve for years, was found out big time down south and I honestly struggle to think of a single meaningful contribution he has made to a match I have seen.

I'll take your word he is a decent man, but he comes across as a disgusting wee ned.

I stand corrected re OP.

I've never understood the dislike of BF on here. He is a very good player - not world class - but very good. As for those that say he was a flop in the premiership, that is simply not true. Mark Hughes was desperate to keep him at Blackburn - he returned to Scotland because he wanted to be closer to his family.

His brother Derek was also a talented player but to say he was better than Barry is way off the mark IMO.

the most detestable thing about ferguson for me is the outrageous protection he gets from referees, and the fact that he damn well knows it and uses it to his advantage.

countless times he has deserved bookings for bad challenges and mouthing off to referees but they haven't been punished.

he has got to be about the most favoured player ever to have played in scotland, he gets away with murder.

Arnold Rothstein
the most detestable thing about ferguson for me is the outrageous protection he gets from referees, and the fact that he damn well knows it and uses it to his advantage.

countless times he has deserved bookings for bad challenges and mouthing off to referees but they haven't been punished.

he has got to be about the most favoured player ever to have played in scotland, he gets away with murder.

Spot on. Didn't get booked in the league all of last season. Not convinced he's been booked so far this season either.

Good player on his day though

Archived