Walter Smith - "back to front play from Hearts"

Geoff Kilpatrick

graceless and embarrassing.

On the 16th of May 1998, I turned up at my mates flat post match to find his brother had watched the game on TV. Turns out those were his exact words (IIRC) to describe Mr Smith. Apparently he had a good old pop at us for daring to win their cup, having a go at our tactics and how refereeing decisions cost them the cup. He also had a go at how much we (the players) celebrated.

Small, small man.

Worst Rangers team I've ever seen; or at least that's what we made them look like.

Buffalo Bill

graceless and embarrassing.

Sums up Smith and his team perfectly.

I can't recall another team that plays with such twisted and contorted coupons.

maroonlegions

Walter Smith must be absolutely gutted tonight, knowing he is out of Europe and knowing his biggest Rivals look League Champions already with Rangers sulking behind...

So is the Season over and should Walter start preparing for next Season now?

5) Yes.:rofl:

3) No.:thumb:

1) Miracles can happen...:282:

Quality, how long is Wattie got then, a few more defeats and the Govan vigilantes will be calling for his head.:)

A bitter old man.

The Hun were absolutely gash yesterday,all they did was hump the ball up looking for Boyd, who jumped into, backed into or elbowed Berra all day and still hardly won anything all day.

Think that's one of the reason I love it when we beat them, they seem to think they have a god-given right to win every football game they play.

Seeing the look on his coupon on the telly would almost have made up for not going to the game.

almost

Sorry, but away and collect your pension, you bitter, bitter man! In the first half today, not only did we outfight you, we outplayed you. The passing from the likes of Aguiar, Palazuelos, Kingston and Driver was miles ahead of anything your lot offered. Mendes and Ferguson were complete faeces. As for Whittaker....:rofl:

Exactly. Nobody likes defeat but how bitter is he and disrespectful? All he is doing is shying away from his own teams deficiences.

We outplayed them in the first half by a mile. All day long they pumped high balls into the Hearts half.

Nelly Terraces

If Wattless Smith means we played back to front, in the fact we played the ball from defence, through the midfield (Bruno - exceptional yesterday, ran the show) to the front, on the ground, then, for once in his life, he is correct.

I doubt that's what he means though, and is in fact a greetin faced weegie slagbag whose team got boabied of their betters and saw his pash team full of unlikeable po faced dicks like that blunt Boyd (would love to punch that c ** ts lights out), Cheesey Nacho, and grandad Weir etc get taught a football lesson in both attacking and defending in football.

Jog on Smith - ya whinging bitch.

FTR - GORGIE RULES.

I suppose the man has nowhere else to turn but to criticise his opponents. What a load of p1sh though. I'd said in earlier threads that I feared the Hun would have a bit too much class for us ..........well I'm chuffed to say I was well off the mark :)

Bazza, was he playing today .............and Mendez ? he tried one outside of the foot shot I think ( alla his goal in the Partick cup tie ) and that was about the sum total of his contribution really !

Back to front Wattie ?..............where about !

Weir and the brooger boy were the ones that were launching it from deep all day and I think they maybe 'went wide' once in the whole match !

They certainly "don't like it up them Mr Mainwaring" :P

There's only one, Uncle Wattie,

Only one, Uncle Wattie,

With a packet of milk, and a zimmerframe,

Wattie's gone and pished himself again.

:)

just to cheer everyone up a bit more.... from Ewan Cameron in The Groniad.....

"Whisper it, but at this rate third-placed Hearts may be a bigger danger to Rangers than the Ibrox club are to Celtic."

that made my weekend

There's only one, Uncle Wattie,

Only one, Uncle Wattie,

With a packet of milk, and a zimmerframe,

Wattie's gone and pished himself again.

:)

Shaun - we have to hand it to you, the victory, like. You started the match thread with all your hesitancy on being a bad luck charm. You maybe just were and I think you should accept blame for the Huns goal. But we will let you off this time, mate. :)

Geoff Kilpatrick
just to cheer everyone up a bit more.... from Ewan Cameron in The Groniad.....

"Whisper it, but at this rate third-placed Hearts may be a bigger danger to Rangers than the Ibrox club are to Celtic."

that made my weekend

Ewan Murray, actually. Ewan Cameron can barely write his own name!

Ewan Murray, actually. Ewan Cameron can barely write his own name!

thanks - i was seriously multi tasking - at least i got half it right :-)

Archived