Elliot told he can go (merged threads)

PTBCAL

As it says above.

Elliot told he can find another club - Hearts seemingly looking for a 6 fig sum.

Sorry tried to find a link but can't see one.

As it says above.

Elliot told he can find another club - Hearts seemingly looking for a 6 fig sum.

The six figure sum must contain a few numbers after the decimal point then!

Nobody will pay that for him!

Drylaw Hearts
As it says above.

I'm struggling to think of any team who would/could 'splash out' a 6 figure sum for CE.

FWIW.....

I think he's made it known to someone he doesn't want to come back.

Guest JamboRobbo

Interesting change of tack if true.

Personally I think there is a player in there somewhere, although I question whether he's of a level that could meet the longer term expectations of a club like HMFC.

I'm struggling to think of any team who would/could 'splash out' a 6 figure sum for CE.

FWIW.....

I think he's made it known to someone he doesn't want to come back.

I wouldn't be suprised if he get picked up by a decent club.

The again maybe the SFL is his level?

boabyarsebiscuit
As it says above.

6 quid?

I feel a bit sorry for the boy. I think every player at Hearts has suffered in the last couple of years and he probably doesn't have the brains to push himself on.

Wish the kid all the best, another in a long line of prospects who haven't managed it at Tynecastle.

I would still watch what your mates post on you tube though. :)

Drylaw Hearts
I wouldn't be suprised if he get picked up by a decent club.

The again maybe the SFL is his level?

He could probably do ok at team like Hamilton, Falkirk, St Mirren etc but do they have the money to spend ?

CE is a victim of poor man-management and shipping him out and replacing him with Jamie Mole was a massive mistake.

Guest JamboRobbo
let's club together a six figure sum to buy him for JKB. win win situ.

cash for hearts

no clum at hearts

Aye, but the poor JKB team wouldnae be making any more cup semi finals with Clum up front. :P

I bet an english club will pay a few hundred k.

I am thinking MK Dons will come back in, they were interested before he added the goals, surely only more attractive now.

Hope theres a decent sell on added.

Whilst I can see why he is going, I think its a decision we will regret

Aye, but the poor JKB team wouldnae be making any more cup semi finals with Clum up front. :P

that is true but he would be a sensation at the end of season dance.

What happened to the ?4m that Livvy were quoted a few weeks ago when they inquired about buying him?

(I read that here).

jamboinglasgow
I feel a bit sorry for the boy. I think every player at Hearts has suffered in the last couple of years and he probably doesn't have the brains to push himself on.

Wish the kid all the best, another in a long line of prospects who haven't managed it at Tynecastle.

I would still watch what your mates post on you tube though. :)

I agree with you, think there is still a great footballer there but being constantly played by Frail when his confidence was low and the fans were always on his back made him suffer. I think he needs to go somewhere else as even if he comes back he will still get boos from some idiots who wont give him a second chance.

boabyarsebiscuit

I am thinking MK Dons will come back in, they were interested before he added the goals, surely only more attractive now.

Hope theres a decent sell on added.

I think there is very little chance MK Dons "will come back in". Di Matteo is using continental agency contacts to sign "value" Europeans, and his and Eddie Newton's contacts in London, to sign players with good English experience. I believe that avenue's closed. Just my opinion, before you jump down my throat.

I think there is very little chance MK Dons "will come back in". Di Matteo is using continental agency contacts to sign "value" Europeans, and his and Eddie Newton's contacts in London, to sign players with good English experience. I believe that avenue's closed. Just my opinion, before you jump down my throat.

I have to agree. They're going great guns under RDM - much as it sticks in my throat to see them prosper.

CE is a victim of poor man-management and shipping him out and replacing him with Jamie Mole was a massive mistake.

Agree with these points by DH and Prancer.

I think there is a player in Elliot and I think he will continue to prosper. Would not be surprised to see a Championship side in England sign him for around?100,000.

I think Elliot will come good.

In Murray?s interview he mentioned that Scandinavians seem to be a bit smarter in the head that British footballers - my immediate thought was that he might be thinking of Elliot...

I'm quite surprised by this. Thought he would have been back in January given his 'success' in the 1st division. Problem is, though, in determining whether he's improved or whether he's simply found his level. I suspect the latter.

Guest JamboRobbo
In Murray?s interview he mentioned that Scandinavians seem to be a bit smarter in the head that British footballers - my immediate thought was that he might be thinking of Elliot...

Any my thought reading that is, if you were to replace "Scandinavians" with "Scots", "British" with "Lithuanian", and "Elliot" with "Zaliukas", some on here would be accusing you of racism. :P

Say What Again

My first post in the Terrace today and it's to agree with Prancer :eek:

Regardless, agree with Prancer I do. It may not necessarily be MK Dons, but ?100k is not a lot of money to English League 1 teams and his goals scoring exploits at Livvy may make some feel he's worth a gamble.

I just hope they don't see his Dance Nation video first.

I find it quite humorous that the very people who slated Calum Elliot and his ability are now saying we may regret gettin rid. Fickle much? Or is it just any excuse for a pop at the regime?

Nelly Terraces

Was never good enough for us. Glad he has been released. It's a football club, not a charity.

Hopefully the 1st of quite a few players we need shot of before we can refresh the squad with better talent. Well done Shabba - again.

Any my thought reading that is, if you were to replace "Scandinavians" with "Scots", "British" with "Lithuanian", and "Elliot" with "Zaliukas", some on here would be accusing you of racism. :P

Zaliukas is impulsive and hellishly careless, but he doesn?t strike me as stupid...When watching Elliot I could SEE his indecision and that his feet were faster than his brain. Similarly with Zaliukas you can see he loses concentration and his pace is not always enough to get him out of it...Jose was similar, but his raw pace often allowed him to recover.

He could probably do ok at team like Hamilton, Falkirk, St Mirren etc but do they have the money to spend ?

CE is a "victim" of a pish poor attitude, lack of ability and an opinion of himself that exceeds reality.

As for Mole - bringing him back WAS a massive mistake.

Guest JamboRobbo
Zaliukas is impulsive and hellishly careless, but he doesn?t strike me as stupid...When watching Elliot I could SEE his indecision and that his feet were faster than his brain. Similarly with Zaliukas you can see he loses concentration and his pace is not always enough to get him out of it...Jose was similar, but his raw pace often allowed him to recover.

I'd say neither Elliot nor Zaliukas were ever (nor are ever likely to be) good enough to play at the level I'd like HMFC first team to be at.

I don't think Zaliukas is stupid. He's just not a good enough football player to play for HMFC, and this fact is cruelly exposed on a regular basis by strikers of mediocre SPL teams.

Agree Jose was similar, but his pace made up for it. Zaliukas doesn't even have pace to help him make up for his frequent mistakes.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Interesting change of tack if true.

Personally I think there is a player in there somewhere, although I question whether he's of a level that could meet the longer term expectations of a club like HMFC.

SHUT UP!

Please dont give them any reason to change their mind!!!

Please JR i beg you!:)

Morton paid a ?100k for Chris Templeman a few years ago when they bought him from Brechin, Clums scored goals at a far higher level, a regular for the Scotland u21's and u19's who in particular he was impressive for and has been scoring goals for fun at Livi.

It's debatable whether he's "good enough" for us but if we can't get atleast get ?100,000 for him someone really isn't doing their job right.

Great news, glad to see the club is now begining to look like there is a bit of leadership and actually some sensible decisions going on.....now for makela and mole ;):hobofish:

Great news, glad to see the club is now begining to look like there is a bit of leadership and actually some sensible decisions going on.....now for makela and mole ;):hobofish:

csaba has mentioned in his search for new strikers that he will find young strikers who can be with hearts for years to come, probably in the middlyfield as he calls it.

Great news....things are rosy in the tynecastle garden :)

The evening news are reporting the john sergeant of tynecastle saying he is free to leave....

"Oh i wish it could be christmas every day"

CE is a "victim" of a pish poor attitude, lack of ability and an opinion of himself that exceeds reality.

As for Mole - bringing him back WAS a massive mistake.

Christ just started reading this thread and i agree with Lambo :eek:

Doesnt happen too often but spot on in this.

Mole is gash.

Elliott is gash but thinks he's Pele.

I just have a feeling he'll end up at the hobos.

Hopefully not, as I like elliot .

E.T was a magic movie...

Was thinking the same (about him going to the Hobos, not about E.T). Still think he'd be a good acquisition for a good few SPL teams and I'm sure Inverness seemed keen and did they not get a good few quid from selling Nicolaue?

I just have a feeling he'll end up at the hobos.

Hopefully not, as I like elliot .

E.T was a magic movie...

Why do you like him?

His great attitude on the park?

His 100% effort?

His football ability?

His dancing?

I think Calum suffered a slight vicious circle of demise at Hearts

Started with the shennanigans around the time of after Rix was moved - after Rix / Elliot showed that he could play (his NYD performance against Celtic was truely excellent)

Then suffered from being punted on loan to Motherwell, when Mole replaced him at the start of season 2, then suffered from the continuing demise of the squad as a whole on his return, then his motivation and attitude seemed to turn questionable, then he lost the fans.....

Its a bit of a shame because the Elliot under Rix in a talented team was an asset.

I dont like to see young players mismanaged. And it is clear that before his attitude turned and he lost the fans he had suffered from around 18 months mismanagement.

He SHOULD have been given the chance to see if Csaba could improve him because on his day he has proven to be more effective than Mole.

Hearts Official Site totally denies the "Scotsman" story.

Club are keeping their options open, not letting him be cup-tied with Livingston and if they do let him leave would want a decent fee.

So that clears that up.

Under Csaba I think he'd be a better option than Mole. Elliot is proving he has the abilty to score goals, albeit at a lower level, it's something that Mole couldn't manage.

However, I feel neither are good enough for Heart of Midlothian and he would move on with my best wishes (Only because he found the net against the Vermin :))

Archived