Framing a Shirt

Markie

Hi

Does anyone know how easy it is to frame a shirt yourself?

Or would I be recommended to take it to a shop

Mark

Nelly Terraces

Never done it myself mate, but I know people who've used the picture framers on Gorgie Rd and have had excellent work done there for other stuff (not shirts), and a very good price. Sure they'll be able to do it for you.

Hi

Does anyone know how easy it is to frame a shirt yourself?

Or would I be recommended to take it to a shop

Mark

Probably best to take it off first before trying to frame it :)

I have framed several shirts recently, albeit Washington redskis ones where they also have numbers on the sleeves and have to be folded accordingly.

There are several ways it can be done and it depends on whether the shirt is going to be worth something in the future. Is it a signed piece???

If so, let a professional do it for you, it's worth the money.

Hope this helps.

If you want to do it your self, get your self to North Bridge, buy the frame in the shop next to Schuh and go next door to Millars Graphics to get the mount cut. It's easy and cheaper than getting most professionals to do it.

But Bill Duff has a point, if it's worth money, it may be worth while getting it done as he describes. Hope this helps.

I have framed several shirts recently, albeit Washington redskis ones where they also have numbers on the sleeves and have to be folded accordingly.

There are several ways it can be done and it depends on whether the shirt is going to be worth something in the future. Is it a signed piece???

If so, let a professional do it for you, it's worth the money.

Hope this helps.

Hoping to get a Craig Gordon signed top for the gf (she strangely has a crush on him!) and going to goet ti framed for her. Trying to get a Hearts top to be signed rather than a Sunderland one, not that she will care!

Professional job def. the way ahead, although i've no idea of the prices at the moment

Cost me @ ?150 4 years ago to getthe strip frames at its full size with the sleeves showing. Cheaper if you go for the half shirt obviously

Not cheap, but worth the money though

Berra got his Cup Final strip from 2006, framed at the picture framers on Shandwick Place. Its the one next to Au Bar and La Piazza, think its called "Fast Frame" or summit.

Dunno how good a job they did tho

I have 4 signed shirts and got them all signed by Mcrae's in Gorgie Rd.

The guy is really friendly and does a great job.

Thought he was a framer not a forger:eek::)

Ive got a shirt to get framed aswell. Its this seasons away top that my mates got me for my 21st signed by all the players. Anyone know how much it is likely to cost?

Archived