What did Tom Boyd Mean ?

Jamie_the_Jambo

Jamie_the_Jambo

Driving to work this morning listening to radio scotland. They had Tom Boyd on to talk about the celtic defeat. He said and I'll try and quote....

"Unfortunately celtic didnt have lucky luck looking down on them or the having the benefit of a scottish referee"

Now what the *** does that mean Not having the benefit of a scottish referee?????

I was spitting blood at the radio. Why didnt the interviewer ask him what that meant ???

Jamie

Driving to work this morning listening to radio scotland. They had Tom Boyd on to talk about the celtic defeat. He said and I'll try and quote....

"Unfortunately celtic didnt have lucky luck looking down on them or the having the benefit of a scottish referee"

Now what the *** does that mean Not having the benefit of a scottish referee?????

I was spitting blood at the radio. Why didnt the interviewer ask him what that meant ???

Jamie

1. what did he mean? i think everyone would know what he meant.

2. why didn't the interviewer pursue it? simple.... it's a no-go area for them.

i'm surprised a celtic 'old boy' would say that right enough.

Jamie_the_Jambo
What do you mean??? What did he mean? It's fecking obvious what he meant!

I was being facetious !! Hence the blood spitting.

Jeez.

Jamie

Jamie

He actually said these words?

Got to remember that Boyd played for Motherwell before he played for Celtic. He knows the way the referees work. Fair play to him!

Commander Harris

he did indeed. tried to laugh it off once he realised what he had said.

Jamie_the_Jambo

Yes he did.

Am I the only one who heard it?

Not sure but can we find it somewhere on the BBC website?

Jamie

Hate that nut sack. Hates us bigtime. I remember him slating Gorgie in a player profile of his years ago.

End of many a spanking from Hearts in his time with Motherwell, maybe that`s what it was?:)

Yes he did.

Am I the only one who heard it?

Not sure but can we find it somewhere on the BBC website?

Jamie

He should be congratulated for saying it out loud and the interviewer should be knocked out for not pursuing the matter.

I wonder what those who think we should ignore all this 'paranoia' think now that someone who has played against the old firm, and played for one half of the old firm for many a year has come out and said such a thing.

It is not VR who makes Scottish Football a laughing stock (he has his moments), it is the acceptance, of those sort of things that Boyd hinted to, by the weegie media and the weegie authorities that will continue to make Scottish football a backwater laughing stock (imo).

Toxteth O'Grady

The referee was very soft on Celtic IMO, Skippy should have walked for picking up the ball and booting it at an opposition player. Brown, Caldwell and Robson all made bookable tackles which they got away with.

FTC

The referee was very soft on Celtic IMO, Skippy should have walked for picking up the ball and booting it at an opposition player. Brown, Caldwell and Robson all made bookable tackles which they got away with.

FTC

mcdonald was extraordinarily lucky. he's living a charmed life after that one and the outrageous tackle on david van zanten a few weeks back.

it's hilarious to see smeltic types howling about how unlucky they were.... they weren't unlucky.... PISH yes, unlucky no.

still.... it's back to domestic football for them now, the nice safe and protected world of the SPL.

Toxteth O'Grady
mcdonald was extraordinarily lucky. he's living a charmed life after that one and the outrageous tackle on david van zanten a few weeks back.

it's hilarious to see smeltic types howling about how unlucky they were.... they weren't unlucky.... PISH yes, unlucky no.

still.... it's back to domestic football for them now, the nice safe and protected world of the SPL.

He's becoming a dirty wee barsteward, I've nae probs with him kicking DVZ though:)

He's becoming a dirty wee barsteward, I've nae probs with him kicking DVZ though:)

i agree, he's a right dirty wee cheating, diving, moaning tolley.

all part and parcel of becoming a player at an OF club. there's a certain arrogance about most of them, like the game owes them something because they are part of some kind of ruling class.

Just wait till this weekend when Basketball Bazza is running the game and telling the ref what to do.

Then I'll be really "shaking with rage"

Just wait till this weekend when Basketball Bazza is running the game and telling the ref what to do.

Quality !

eddie fenwick

was at a brunch wi macavenie about 6 month ago and when asked if refs are biased in favour of the old firm his reply was having played for and against them i have to answer yes 100%, says it all really

It would seem that "Celtic Minded People" are no longer ashamed by the blatant favoritism shown to them by a large percentage of match officials in Scotland. They now see it as their right to get contentious decisions going their way in every match the participate in.

No wonder Scottish Football generally is a laughing stock in the rest of Britain, and no wonder our club sides don't advance as far as they should for in European competition. Gordon Smith and Co should hang their collective heads in shame that a comment like this could be made, as it is a sad indictment on the failure of the SFA to be able to promote football as played in the SPL as being fair and equitable for every club involved. If they can't get a grip of this situation then they should get out and allow in people who will take the cheats to task and hound them out of the game.

scottish_chicP

That made me laugh :biggrin:

Archived