Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo targets striker in transfer window

Clerry Jambo

Not something any sane Hearts fan couldn't have told him 6 months ago.

Pllleeeeaaassssseee sign somebody who likes to stay in and around the 6 yard box and who is not an injury prone wage thief.

Pllleeeeaaassssseee sign somebody who likes to stay in and around the 6 yard box and who is not an injury prone wage thief.

..........and please could we sign this striker maybe early in January and NOT the 31st at 11.59pm as we need one asap!!

Who is the main Cowness striker at the mo?

Charlie-Brown

Wouldn't that make it awfy easy for opposition defenders to play him offside? :)

How long does it take to get the results back from a scan?

Surely he would have found out yesterday if he had broken his foot...or perhaps a Jambo doctor is retouching his x-ray to make it look like his foot is shattered.

Wouldn't that make it awfy easy for opposition defenders to play him offside? :)

LOL !

A Robbo type striker would have 7 or 8 goals easy already this season. We have played a hell of a lot of balls across the face of goalmouths but nobody has the instinct, ability or bravery to get into the important position. If we can find the right type of player to link with Nade and score the goals we might actually start to win a few games by more than a goal and therein save the horrendous last few minutes of games when we get deeper and hang on for our lives !

LOL !

A Robbo type striker would have 7 or 8 goals easy already this season. We have played a hell of a lot of balls across the face of goalmouths but nobody has the instinct, ability or bravery to get into the important position. If we can find the right type of player to link with Nade and score the goals we might actually start to win a few games by more than a goal and therein save the horrendous last few minutes of games when we get deeper and hang on for our lives !

Assuming these don't grow on trees, who do you suggest (within our budget) that would fit the bill?

I went to the showroom hoping I might get an Aston Martin and came back with a Vauxhall.

Guest JamboRobbo

Exactly as some of us were saying in the summer, when he was busy signing 2 keepers, neither of whom appear to be significantly better than the 2 we had.

To be fair to Csaba, he didn't really know how poor our attacking options were back then. At least he seems to recognise the desperate need now, and hopefully he'll get what he wants in the window.

The supporters on here, who were saying Csaba was right to sign the keepers, and that we'd be fine without new strikers on the other hand, well, they've shown how little they know about football.

LOL !

That's because it is sometimes our lone Striker that is playing the balls into the empty space he has left as he goes on a mazy run down the wing (i'm talking of course about the wonderful, tactically aware Jamie Mole)

There was a lot more to John Robertson's game than simply hanging around the six yard box BTW, I think you must be thinking of Ally McCoist.

To be fair to Csaba, he didn't really know how poor our attacking options were back then.

Fair point JR, but he surely must know now!;)

Maybe we could re-sign Andy Kirk. He's scored a few this season and would at least give us a few more options. Surely he would be within our budget too.

Assuming these don't grow on trees, who do you suggest (within our budget) that would fit the bill?

I went to the showroom hoping I might get an Aston Martin and came back with a Vauxhall.

.................and it was someone else's Vauxhall, and even though it says Vauxhall on it you're not 100% sure it is a Vauxhall, it may just be some foreign immitation that seems to cost a hell of a lot to run and your not really getting proper use of it as it keeps breaking down?

Same here!

Apologies if already posted, couldn't see it anywhere.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2008/11/26/hearts-boss-csaba-laszlo-targets-striker-in-transfer-window-86908-20926474/

Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo targets striker in transfer window

Nov 26 2008

HEARTS manager Csaba Laszlo has revealed he will make a striker his top transfer target in January.

Laszlo suffered a double injury blow to his forward line this week when Mike Tullberg had a setback in his recovery from a troublesome thigh injury and Jamie Mole suffered a suspected broken foot.

The Jambos boss will now attempt to bring in reinforcements.

He said: "We have a plan for January but it's too early to talk about it in detail.

"I think we maybe have some problems in two or three positions but we must look at the striker position.

"We will look to the future, for young players who can benefit the team for many years."

Laszlo is prepared to sell as well as buy when the transfer window opens.

"Maybe somebody would like to take players from us and, if a player wants to leave, business goes on," he said.

"We would like to bring players and sell but we don't want to sell and damage the team."

With Christian Nade their only in-form forward, Hearts will be looking for goals from all areas of the team when they host Rangers in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League on Saturday.

Winger Andrew Driver is happy to oblige, even if it costs him a few sleepless nights.

"When I first came in the team and scored I would not be able to sleep but I've got used to it now," he said.

"I would give anything for a win at the weekend. The boys want to get into Europe. That's the aim.

"We did not believe it ourselves at the start of the season but in the changing room now we do see it as a possibility.

"I think anyone who comes to Tynecastle has got to be wary, even if the team is playing poorly. When you have the fans behind us, we will always be a hard team to beat.

"We go into this game with something to prove. We've started to get results together against the other teams and so we need to get something out of it."

Frankenstein Jambo.

Well sense finally prevails. Its common sense that the area we lack is a potent goalscorer.

A pacy forward alongside nade would do and maybe a new right back and a back-up left back for wallace.

Congratulations to Mr Laszlo for finally arriving in 2008.

This has not been obvious for approximately 18 months :(

Thats it , get right behind the team.

well seeing as it was not 2008 18 months ago...

Congratulations to Mr Laszlo for steering a bunch of previous no hopers to 3rd in the SPL after being in the job a matter of months and having to deal with numerous injuries and suspensions.

Now away boil yer heid ya dafty :mad:

Colonel Kurtz
This has all the hallmarks of us unveiling......

Calum Elliot

on a new contract as our January striker signing....

our new boy will be more Budapest than than Bathgate

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

losing jamie mole to injury was a blow??????

2 strikers please shabbbbbbbers

Jam Tarts 1874

Yes, I'm sure Csaba was watching Hearts every game of those 18 months. :rolleyes:

Do you mean he plays for a team in Budapest, or that he is from Budapest, or that he is just from Hungary???

Colonel Kurtz
Do you mean he plays for a team in Budapest, or that he is from Budapest, or that he is just from Hungary???

just from hungary

The People's Chimp

I'd heard it was going to be more league 1 or league 2 than Nemzeti Bajnoks?g, but there you go.

Edit, just seen your post above. :)

"Thursday, 1 February 2007, 11:20 GMT

Hungary striker signs for Tykes

Barnsley have signed Hungary international striker Istvan Ferenczi from Zalaegerszeg.

The Tykes will pay a "considerable six-figure fee" for Ferenczi, who has signed to stay at Oakwell until 2009.

Ferenczi, 29, has been capped eight times and scored two international goals since making his debut against Jordan in 2001.

Fellow Hungarian forward Peter Rajczi moved to Oakwell on loan from Ujpest Dosza earlier in the week.

Ferenczi has had previous spells abroad with Bulgarian club Levski Sofia and Vfl Osnabruck in Germany. "

or:

"But Watford, who parted company with manager Adrian Boothroyd 12 days ago, twice went close themselves through Hungarian striker Tamas Priskin."

.................and it was someone else's Vauxhall, and even though it says Vauxhall on it you're not 100% sure it is a Vauxhall, it may just be some foreign immitation that seems to cost a hell of a lot to run and your not really getting proper use of it as it keeps breaking down?

Same here!

No it was my Vauxhall and, touch wood, it hasn't broken down yet - but the analogy wasn't lost on me.

portobellojambo1
LOL !

A Robbo type striker would have 7 or 8 goals easy already this season. We have played a hell of a lot of balls across the face of goalmouths but nobody has the instinct, ability or bravery to get into the important position.

I agree with what you say magicTs. Many of the balls that we play into the box receive no finishing touch, because we have no one with that poacher/killer type instinct in the box. And on the flip side the fans get frustrated and we, and I include myself, take our frustrations out on the wingers, and complain about the standard of crosses being delivered. Truth is many of these crosses we think are poor could be converted if the right man was there, now all we have to do is try and find that right man

I agree with what you say magicTs. Many of the balls that we play into the box receive no finishing touch, because we have no one with that poacher/killer type instinct in the box. And on the flip side the fans get frustrated and we, and I include myself, take our frustrations out on the wingers, and complain about the standard of crosses being delivered. Truth is many of these crosses we think are poor could be converted if the right man was there, now all we have to do is try and find that right man

Not sure I've really seen that many balls 'go abegging' PJ

Aye another Robbo would be grand in any circumstances but untill I see us produce 4-5 unconverted chances ( perhaps like Samaras' sliding attempt last night ) then I dont see what this 'proven finisher' is supposed to work with ?

I also think the quality of crossing deserves criticism since we are seldom getting the ball past the first man - or else it's often like a mortar shell sailing way over the goals and landing somewhere on the back edge of the 18yd box :(

Not sure I've really seen that many balls 'go abegging' PJ

Aye another Robbo would be grand in any circumstances but untill I see us produce 4-5 unconverted chances ( perhaps like Samaras' sliding attempt last night ) then I dont see what this 'proven finisher' is supposed to work with ?

I also think the quality of crossing deserves criticism since we are seldom getting the ball past the first man - or else it's often like a mortar shell sailing way over the goals and landing somewhere on the back edge of the 18yd box :(

Off the top of my head, both the Falkirk and Hibs away games where we dropped 5pts was almost entirely down to a succession of missed chances. The 2nd half at Falkirk inparticular, as we attacked the end full of Jambos we must have put half a dozen balls into great areas which should have resulted in goals and likewise several of the home wins should have been more comfortable.

As people have said elsewhere on the thread the vast majority of the time our lone striker is all too happy to wander way outside the box in areas where other's should be working. It's not always the striker's fault but for me it shows they are not nearly interested enough in scoring goals. We need someone who is !

Drylaw Hearts
i was talking to stevie fulton tonight and he told me that we are trying to sign Armand One . Jim jeffries is also interested

Oh dear.

i was talking to stevie fulton tonight and he told me that we are trying to sign Armand One . Jim jeffries is also interested

Please no....

He is also being linked to a few lower division clubs over on the pieandbovril site, and even they dont think he is upto much.

We are sitting third and should surely be looking at players who will further or solidify that, I cannot for a second believe Armand One will do that or is even worth a look.

Hopefully it is nothing more than a rumour.

Players like Nemeth on loan til the end of the season is precisely what we need, a few goals to our game and we should be a shoe in for third.

john brownlee
Congratulations to Mr Laszlo for steering a bunch of previous no hopers to 3rd in the SPL after being in the job a matter of months and having to deal with numerous injuries and suspensions.

Now away boil yer heid ya dafty :mad:

You are right but there are so many posters out there that forget what he inherited

you get an allotment full of under nourished plants lots of weeds and an unwanted composed heap. what do you do

you clear the decks

you plant from the bulbs (goalies)

you strengthen the supports (defence)

you encourage grow ( bring in new players )

you look to the future and possibilities that are in the garden that you have and can build on.

encourage the plants to go forth and multiple

I agree with comments suggesting that we could have scored many more goals with a poacher on the field.

None of Nade, Mole or anybody who has played in the hole for us has any striker instinct for getting across defenders or on the end of crosses. Aguiar and Nade in particular are way too slow to get on the end of crosses (though they both have other clear merits).

But in terms of the shape of the side as is so rigidly and inflexibly played there's no room for a poacher anyway. Assuming there isn't someone of Torres-like ability coming :rolleyes: who can run channels and score goals - who drops out for a new striker to play beside Nade? The hole player? One of the wingers? The holding midfielder? Or is a new striker just the new 60 minute replacement striker?

I agree with comments suggesting that we could have scored many more goals with a poacher on the field.

None of Nade, Mole or anybody who has played in the hole for us has any striker instinct for getting across defenders or on the end of crosses. Aguiar and Nade in particular are way too slow to get on the end of crosses (though they both have other clear merits).

But in terms of the shape of the side as is so rigidly and inflexibly played there's no room for a poacher anyway. Assuming there isn't someone of Torres-like ability coming :rolleyes: who can run channels and score goals - who drops out for a new striker to play beside Nade? The hole player? One of the wingers? The holding midfielder? Or is a new striker just the new 60 minute replacement striker?

Spot on.

We don't play that way. I can't see why evryone thinks Csaba is going to just change everything around after putting in so much hard work to get us to where we are right now playing the system we now use. It is not going o happen.

:rofl::wacko::dribble::blink:
Maybe we could re-sign Andy Kirk. He's scored a few this season and would at least give us a few more options. Surely he would be within our budget too.

Csaba says : "I would give anything for a win at the weekend. The boys want to get into Europe. That's the aim.

"We did not believe it ourselves at the start of the season but in the changing room now we do see it as a possibility.

Nothing like a bit of ambition.:rolleyes:

Archived