FANS FORUM

sniffer

MackaysCentreSpot
Let's have some consistency here, please. Either the FF represents the interests of and speaks for the fans or it doesn't. My post was in response to McKayCentreSpot's post suggesting that I had no right to express an opinion and saying that the FF does not speak on behalf of the fans and that I have got it all wrong. But now here you are saying that you do represent the fans. So, which is it to be?

Very good work sniffer. You have chosen to totally take my comment and put your own spin on it.

What I was saying was that and you know this was the case that the Fans Forum have never claimed to be speaking on behalf of the Hearts supporters as a whole.

This would be impossible as the Fans Forum would have to meet every Hearts fan and ask their opinion on a certain matter before they could do that.

The other groups can only speak on behalf of their members but some groups have been quoted in the press as speaking on behalf of the majority of Hearts supporters and my point was that the FF have never been quoted as doing this or have indeed claimed that they do.

Yes we are there to represent every Hearts fan but we can only speak on behalf of those who actually contact us with their problems or their queries that they want put to the club.

I apologise if my comment was not clear enough for you to understand but I think you understood it 100%

MCS

If the committee can't be bothered to hold public meetings or to turn up to the AGM, then what is the point of turning up as a supporter? I think that what we have established here - and I thank you for your contribution - is that the FFdoesn't actually represent the interests of the majority of the Hearts fans and that it may not even exist anymore.

I am not sure where you got the impression that I don't play an active part in attending supporters meetings because it's certainly not something that I have said or alluded to here. Indeed, I have been a regular contributor to HMSA, Federation, Trust, SOH and even the Fans Forum meetings over the past few years and so you are way off the mark my friend.

Lastly, re your critcism of people sitting at home on their computers pontificating on various issues, may I respectfully draw your attention to the respective number of posts that each of us has made on KB and invite you to reconsider your earlier comments?

:107years:

Well Sniffer I apologise for including you with the do-nothing lot.

Your other points have been ably answered by JamboElite and I draw particular attention to the emboldened sentence that the FF is as good as fans want it to be.

On your point as to whether it represents the majority of fans, the answer must be "no" as the majority of fans do not attend. It does AIM to represent fans as widely as possible, and probably would do if those who did attend were a cross section of our support.

I urge you to make the necessary contacts and put your name forward for office.

Ok sniffer i'll try to answer everything i can you havent hit a raw nerve with me despite what you seem to think but you have asked over and over again so your interest seems keen.

The FF in the last year has been in transition with committee members leaving and its not that we cant be bothered to hold them its just been very difficult i agree thats not ideal.

How to represent the majority of fans well what can you say to that one in current climates can any of the groups represent the majority of fans everyone is divided on every issue i think all that supporters groups can do is represent as many fans as they can and communicate as much information as these fans want.

The FF is for YOU and anyone else that supports Hearts your views should you wish to express them can be easily communicated through the members or through the website and the FF will do their best to represent them and seek answers. These will then be communicated to as many as possible this goes for anyone else out there that has valid points to address (not valid in my eyes just sensible questions)

I was not at the meeting as i was standing down and through a personal set of circumstances couldnt attend which quite frankly has got nothing to do with you.

The FF is in desperate need of fresh blood to continue and most committee members have stood down in the last 12 months which is why there wasnt many in attendance at the last meeting.

How we communicate to fans is the problem that all FF groups have faced as i have said before we dont have funding for anything so any cost comes out of our pocket. We try our best to mention when meetings are on through KB, FF site, Match Programme and through putting up posters in pubs etc......... and yes the FF has been quiet over the last year but there is a reason for that.

Getting answers from this club isnt easy they arent readily open to meetings all that often but all groups do their best, the question is this is a group set up for every fan to communicate their opinion which is represented by fans and doesnt have members worth saving.

The answer to that is over to you ?

Personally it is but it needs help it needs enthusiastic people to take it up and say right how do we communicate better to the fans/club, how do we move this forward and how do we get people to believe its worthwhile.

More importantly how do we continue to represent more and more of the fans in order to have an influence in how things are run for our club.

You make very valid points sniffer

1. Should the FF continue - I dont know the answer to that if the fans see it as potentially a good vehicle then yes of course.

2. Has it struggled in the last year - Yes i think it has it needs a change of direction and fresh blood but this isnt only the FF's fault i feel the club hasnt been forthcoming with any info very easily.

3. Does it represent the majority of fans - No to be honest which group does what it does do is try to represent everyone it can who wants to use it (please dont respond by saying only 20 of them)

Its one thing to criticise people and its your right as everyone is a member of the FF as far as im concerned but people have put alot of time and effort into it they may have come up short at times in peoples eyes but its not through the want of trying.

The FF could be huge it doesnt have any agenda or ties to anyone its only there if you love Hearts surely thats worth saving and exactly what people are crying out for ?

The FF can only be as good as the fans want it to be

I hope this answers some of the questions and if you have more happy to give you my opinion

Thanks, that's clear, polite and very helpful K. It's a pity that you chose to stand down from the committee.

:107years:

Archived