New delays to stadium revamp!

Rudolf's Mate

Shockarooney. Never seen that one coming. :rolleyes:

IMO anyone who still thinks this stand will be built is kidding themselves. Some will blame the economy. But these problems and delays were ongoing long before the problems with the economy.

This falls under the category of "pie in the sky".

Thanks for posting the link, J Morley.

No offence to you, but I'm absolutely bored to death now of this saga. It's like the Hundred Years War!

Please, EEN, Hearts, everyone - no more news on delays and beaurcracy.

Just wake me up when work has started; or even better - finished.

I'm going to be 75 by the time this thing is built.

Buffalo Bill

Can't believe there's a delay, next we'll hear that Vlad's plan of winning the champions league and breaking the old firm isn't on track either......:rolleyes:

Its not the best time to go ahead with the project anyway.

Yes push ahead and get the permissions but I would hope we are trying to avoid being tied down to specific dates as hearts as a club and business have more pressing matters at this time.

We have been drawing crowds of 13-17k without selling out, why the hell would we want to push ahead with a 51m redevelopment at times of economic unstability.

Quite happy to take the permission off the council but not if its going to force us on the deadlines

Generic Username

No offence to you, but I'm absolutely bored to death now of this saga. It's like the Hundred Years War!

Buffalo Bill

Right there with you buddy.

Really don't know if this will ever come to fruition anymore and frankly Mr Shankly I don't even care anymore.

Lets just get a wee tent thing on the go like they have at Falkirk.

That's the way forward.

Buffalo Bill

so its going to be built next year then:rolleyes::P

Seymour M Hersh

Still no clearer what information the cooncil is expecting from the club I notice. Although one poster in the feedback area said it was down to the height as the cooncil wanted it limited to the same height as the surrounding tenements! Surely they'd have knocked it back immediately if that had been the case.

We have been drawing crowds of 13-17k without selling out, why the hell would we want to push ahead with a 51m redevelopment at times of economic unstability.

Because the current main stand will not get a safety certificate in the near future and no amount of 'patching up' will change that.

Guest JamboRobbo

It's only saying what we already know and what some of us were saying on other threads.

The delay is because the council are awaiting information from HMFC, so we cannie blame the council.....

marshallschunkychicken

I'd be interested to know what information the council are seeking.

I wonder if it is related to the alleged tram-stop stand-off.

I was at TO at lunchtime and there was someone from HMFC (dunno who) showing some suits the plans in there and then took them over to Old Main Stand to show them around. No idea who they were though.

I'd be interested to know what information the council are seeking.

I wonder if it is related to the alleged tram-stop stand-off.

Hopefully we will know more later in the week.

Generic Username
Have you paid Ramsay his tenner yet?

I have not.

My plan is to get him blootered, get him to break (as he always does) the "no red wine" rule so he's completely off it then change the bet so I wind up getting a tenner off him.

A cunning rouse.

This piece is interesting - quote from a council spokewoman.

"Dialogue is continuing with Heart of Midlothian FC over the complex set of development proposals and final agreement is expected to coincide with the grant of planning consent".

I have posted here previously that the Council will have a great job in knocking the application back as it is pretty dam near perfect - the outstanding issues (height, school issues, tram) are not show stoppers. This statement seems to suggest that if Hearts provide the necessary information then approval will be granted.

Is it Hearts willingness to build the reason for the delay?

Guest JamboRobbo
Did anyone actually believe this thing would be put together in a few years?

Well, Vlad fired Anderton for not having it built in 3 months. :P

Other than that, no, nobody at all thought it would be built. There were no threads where people no matter what else Romanov does, if he builds the stand, it'll be worth it.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13863&highlight=stand&page=2

Am not getting at the OP here, more the EEN. But wasn't this story in the paper a few weeks back or am I having one of those DejaVu moments? :eek:

Did anyone actually believe this thing would be put together in a few years?

I didnt expect construction to finish, or even actually begin in all honesty, by 2010.

I didnt expect, however, it to be in the 4th year of the Vlad era without a sniff of planning permission being granted.

I note that some anonymous at the club is still pretending its going ahead as planned...

Francis Albert
I note that some anonymous at the club is still pretending its going ahead as planned...

You could equally say that someone anonymous at the Council is putting ALL responsibility for the delay on Hearts.

Nucky Thompson
Am not getting at the OP here, more the EEN. But wasn't this story in the paper a few weeks back or am I having one of those DejaVu moments? :eek:
It was word for word in the same paper a few weeks back:rolleyes: The EEN is really bad for that not just with this story.

You could equally say that someone anonymous at the Council is putting ALL responsibility for the delay on Hearts.

You could - although what you refer to has been backed by PTCBAL who has been mentioning this for at least 3 months.

So whilst you need to be wary of trusting an internet messageboard "source" whose username is a load of letters, it does have some weight, given his consistency on the matter

Well, Vlad fired Anderton for not having it built in 3 months. :P

Other than that, no, nobody at all thought it would be built. There were no threads where people no matter what else Romanov does, if he builds the stand, it'll be worth it.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13863&highlight=stand&page=2

Goodness me, some people talking no end of sense on that thread ...:rolleyes:

The thing is, we were told that the club were working closly with the council for the past 18 months. Surely minor changes would have been dealt with by now. The economic down turn will no doubt affect whether this goes ahead or not, but as has been stated, the old stand won't stand, much longer in any event.

Francis Albert
You could - although what you refer to has been backed by PTCBAL who has been mentioning this for at least 3 months.

So whilst you need to be wary of trusting an internet messageboard "source" whose username is a load of letters, it does have some weight, given his consistency on the matter

I don't think I have read PTCBAL putting all the blame for the delay on Hearts, but I'll let him speak for himself.

Just re-read it, could the delay be, the council deliberatley delaying so that Hearts have to pay for the nursery by default?

I don't think I have read PTCBAL putting all the blame for the delay on Hearts, but I'll let him speak for himself.

I wouldn't put all the blame at Hearts (large % though :) but they have certainly been difficult when it came to responding to various questions posed by the Council over the application.

I appreciate that I am in a minority but I still believe we will receive approval for the plans in due course.

Whether we build is another matter.

Just re-read it, could the delay be, the council deliberatley delaying so that Hearts have to pay for the nursery by default?

They would have to provide proof that the delays were all Hearts and in the grand scheme of things costs for build will be met by council tax payers so I'd imagine that crowing about a new nursery and new stand / hotel etc would be preferential to the council than holding out on permission to build just to save some cash.

If Hearts had all their info in, and still waiting, we'd be hearing a lot more from the club asking why permission has been delayed and blaming the council, simply to keep fans off their backs.

Francis Albert
If Hearts had all their info in, and still waiting, we'd be hearing a lot more from the club asking why permission has been delayed and blaming the council, simply to keep fans off their backs.

I doubt this is black and white though some Hearts fans assume that it is all Hearts fault. But I somehow doubt that Hearts publicly blaming the council would speed up the process. Far from getting a few Hearts fans off their backs, I can readily imagine the"Vlad sabotages planning application" posts.

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed mate. :P

e.g. when talking about the poor show on the field, one poster responds

"The stand development is far more important, imo, as it will provide us with the potential to support a much better team on the field."

Not that anyone was saying the stand was important of course..............

Francis Albert

Not that anyone was saying the stand was important of course..............

Has anyone suggested that no-one was saying the stand was important?

Indeed given the age of the current stand is anyone really suggesting it isn't?

Its enlightening that roughly the same people that were burying their head in the sand re the economy are the same people that are more inclined to ignore Romanov's deficiencies....

Either Romanov is affecting their judgement, or being an optimist means you are wrong more often than you are right.....:)

Carl Spackler

The journalist is not asking enough questions.

Hearts have provided a huge amount of information in their application. If anyone would care to check I'm certain the application (although probably of a different form if the council are building it themselves) will have been no more comprehensive for the school currently being built across the road.

I could provide a list of searching questions but number one question - Is there a fundamental problem with the proposals or are we talking minute detail being ironed out here?

Charlie-Brown

From reading that old thread I know why 'Mr Ed' the undercover Hibby got banned but why & when did the 'House-prices-will-crash' guy get banned? I'm not questioning admin policy or anything like that I just wasn't aware of it and used to enjoy his debates on here......

Its not the best time to go ahead with the project anyway.

Yes push ahead and get the permissions but I would hope we are trying to avoid being tied down to specific dates as hearts as a club and business have more pressing matters at this time.

Quite happy to take the permission off the council but not if its going to force us on the deadlines

I think Mad Vlad has fallen for the 'if you build it they will come' line.:P

It's only saying what we already know and what some of us were saying on other threads.

The delay is because the council are awaiting information from HMFC, so we cannie blame the council.....

Yes we can - the cooncil have only just clarified what additional information they require.

Archived