Driver - Hearts MVP?

Del1812

Hearts with Driver in the team this season:

Won 7 Drawn 1 Lost 2

Hearts without Driver in the team:

Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 3

The two defeats with Driver in the team were both against the OF (with the draw at Easter Road) and one of the draws without Driver could have been concluded as a defeat seeing as we went out of the league cup against Airdrie United.

Is there any member of the Hearts first team that is more valuable than Driver? With the problems the right side of our team has faced all season we are really reliant on Driver to play and give the team some sort of attacking impetus from the wing. Something which he demonstrated with devastating effect against Falkirk on Saturday.

You've seen the stats, let's here the debates. Is Driver Hearts' Most Valuable Player?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

USA USA!

Na, he probably is.

A player who has real market value as well unfortunately. :sad:

He's a good young player, who brings a lot to the team.

The reason I ask is that in my opinion I'd say Berra was our 'player of the year' so far but that I reckon we wouldn't miss Berra half as much as we would miss Driver.

Andy Driver has the what? The most visible panty line?

Dude:

You're gay.

Buffalo Bill

Commander Harris

Driver has been important but I'd also include bruno as key to our recent run of results. He's saved us a couple of times with a set piece or a strike from distance.

It shows how far a player or two with the ability to create an opportunity out of not very much will take you in this league.

Andy Driver is one of perhaps only 4 players we have that is capable of vreating genuine attacking threat to opposing teams.

We miss him when he's out and we are a much stronger team when he is in.

You can keep your Driver's & Bruno's....

Robbie Neilson has a 100% winning record this season.

FACT :jambobanana:

yes things are looking very good concerning a few of our guys.

let's not kid ourselves on though.... the likes of driver, berra, kingston, wallace and maybe one or two others will not be around for very long. the debt situation seems to have improved somewhat over the past year or so (hopefully there will be no nasty surprises when a/cs to July 2008 are known!!!!), however there's an awful long way to go regarding the issue.

the likes of driver, berra & kingston could fetch about ?5-8M between them potentially, i would say that's fairly conservative.

as ever we can't have it both ways.... we either reduce the debt to managable levels or we continue to walk the tightrope of being heavily in debt.

loveofthegame
The reason I ask is that in my opinion I'd say Berra was our 'player of the year' so far but that I reckon we wouldn't miss Berra half as much as we would miss Driver.

That defence without Berra?! Whilst Driver is key to us playing well, or at least seems to be, a Hearts defence without Berra is a very frightening thought. I don't know how we'd cope if he was to get injured or suspended. Stopping goals stops you losing games which is the first step in football, then you go on to try to win it.

I think we'd miss Berra more than Driver.

Miller Jambo 60

Won 7 Drawn 1 Lost 2

Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 3

The two defeats with Driver in the team were both against the OF (with the draw at Easter Road) and one of the draws without Driver could have been concluded as a defeat seeing as we went out of the league cup against Airdrie United.

Is there any member of the Hearts first team that is more valuable than Driver? With the problems the right side of our team has faced all season we are really reliant on Driver to play and give the team some sort of attacking impetus from the wing. Something which he demonstrated with devastating effect against Falkirk on Saturday.

You've seen the stats, let's here the debates. Is Driver Hearts' Most Valuable Player?

Played FJ good stats:)

MackaysCentreSpot

Won 7 Drawn 1 Lost 2

Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 3

This is not a dig at Driver so much as how stats can be misleading.

Driver contributed very little or nothing in some of these games.

The one game that sticks out a mile was the midweek game against Hamilton. He was atrocious.

So stats are not always a honest reflection of the facts.

Archived