Kris Boyd

Five to One

Just wondering what sort of reception Kris Boyd will get on Saturday after the 'I'm no playing for Scotland under George Burley' affair? That's if selected to play of course!

Personally I can't stand the guy now, but a few weeks ago a few Hearts fans on here actually sympathised with his decision.

Just wondering what sort of reception Kris Boyd will get on Saturday after the 'I'm no playing for Scotland under George Burley' affair? That's if selected to play of course!

Personally I can't stand the guy now, but a few weeks ago a few Hearts fans on here actually sympathised with his decision.

I'll be booing him but not for what he done to scotland as I couldn't give a flying ****

I'm booing him as he is a kant

Who cares?

Personally, I do because I support both Hearts and Scotland and think his actions are an insult to the Scotland jersey.

I for one will be booing on Saturday. The boy is an utter disgrace.

Does anyone know what kind of reaction he has been getting from other supporters around the country? I may have to reconsider my decision if they've been booing him because it looks like its making him play better.

Personally, I do because I support both Hearts and Scotland and think his actions are an insult to the Scotland jersey.

I thought he was treated rather poorly.

Carl Weathers

I agree but if he was man enough to keep his head down he would have started against Argentina.

He's a prize plum.

In what sense? Because he was selected in the first place? Should players moan about being part of an international squad?

I'd give him abuse whether he played for Scotland or not.

I think he's a dentally challenged hun monger.

Does he have bad teeth?

GA can i ask why ?

I appreciate he has a good/great goalscoring record for Scotland and Rangers but that shouldnt get you an automatic start if your club manager has elected not to play you week in week out and regards you as the biggest enigma as a player he has ever come across.

If your playing well and regularly then you get picked for your national team in his case that wasnt happening.

He may have had a justification when the subs were made in that game and Fletcher came on but apart from that he has clearly got issues affecting him around the game.

Otherwise why wouldnt any manager pick him week after week.?

If criticism was to occur surely he would have a go at his club manager for not picking him not the national coach.?

boabyarsebiscuit

Yeah let's boo him! If the Tartan Army hate him we should hate him too. Just like Miko. Let's boo him too!

Behave.

I agree but if he was man enough to keep his head down he would have started against Argentina.

He's a prize plum.

Think it was 6 games where he was given 20mins playing time. It had been on his mind for the prior two games but was told to keep plugging away.

Burey's "Needs to prove himself at Rangers" comment to the press in the aftermath was pretty poor management IMO. He could have chose better words.

Boyd playing or not playing for Rangers, his record deserved more respect than that.

This will come back to bite Burley on the bum when he picks a player who has played very little game time in the forthcoming fixtures.

Can understand why folk dis him for his decision, but there you go....

GA can i ask why ?

I appreciate he has a good/great goalscoring record for Scotland and Rangers but that shouldnt get you an automatic start if your club manager has elected not to play you week in week out and regards you as the biggest enigma as a player he has ever come across.

If your playing well and regularly then you get picked for your national team in his case that wasnt happening.

He may have had a justification when the subs were made in that game and Fletcher came on but apart from that he has clearly got issues affecting him around the game.

Otherwise why wouldnt any manager pick him week after week.?

If criticism was to occur surely he would have a go at his club manager for not picking him not the national coach.?

See above post buddy.

I don't see a problem with it. He's a grown man. If he wants to play or not for Scotland then that's his decision.

I would maybe agree if he was, say, Ronaldhino, or Robinho or Henry or someone like that who genunely had nothing to prove to anyone in the game but for heavens sake it's Kris Boyd, he needed his ego deflated!

Edit: I think we should boo him just cause he's a ****!

Yeah let's boo him! If the Tartan Army hate him we should hate him too. Just like Miko. Let's boo him too!

Behave.

Eh? What's this got to do with Miko? Don't tell me you're like an Old Firm supporter that hates the national team. That's poor mate. Thought us Hearts supporters were better than that.

Eh? What's this got to do with Miko? Don't tell me you're like an Old Firm supporter that hates the national team. That's poor mate. Thought us Hearts supporters were better than that.

Whooooosshhhh.

boabyarsebiscuit

I think it's a free country and Kris Boyd can do what he wants. I didn't buy into the Miko witch-hunt, and I'm not buying into a Kris Boyd witch-hunt either.

I'll give Boyd dogs abuse on Saturday if he deserves any. Like if he commits a bad foul on a Hearts player. But his choice on playing for the National team. I don't give a hoot on that subject really.

Seymour M Hersh

If the fan dancer wants to be a prima donna I don't give a toss. I'll be wishing him ill on Saturday because he plays for one of the two evil empires.

Think it was 6 games where he was given 20mins playing time. It had been on his mind for the prior two games but was told to keep plugging away.

Burey's "Needs to prove himself at Rangers" comment to the press in the aftermath was pretty poor management IMO. He could have chose better words.

Boyd playing or not playing for Rangers, his record deserved more respect than that.

This will come back to bite Burley on the bum when he picks a player who has played very little game time in the forthcoming fixtures.

Can understand why folk dis him for his decision, but there you go....

I agree mate his record definitely deserves respect but i think that can be said for his club as well as his national team record.

For me perhaps his record was what got him into the pool of squad players for Scotland when he wasnt getting picked for Rangers from then on it was upto him to prove the rest in training.

I think if i was Burley a quiet word in Walter's ear asking what the issue with Boyd was would have been a sensible move before anything was said publicly (maybe he did). I also think Boyd should have spoke to Burley about his grievance as he had a case also.

I think Boyd's issue could be that he does hee haw in training but is a great predator around the box on game day but that doesnt cut it with certain managers.

I have to say if i was a manager wouldnt worry me in the slightest if he didnt do much until Sat and then slammed the ball in week after week but there you go it probably sets a bad example to other players.

I think the T**T should be abused for 90 minutes...Not because he doesn't want to play for the GFA 11 but because he's a Rankgers knobjockey...Hope wee Bazza gets a right Kicking...Nothing to trivial...Just enough so I don't have to see his bigoted wee mug on a Football field again!! :P

I think it's a free country and Kris Boyd can do what he wants. I didn't buy into the Miko witch-hunt, and I'm not buying into a Kris Boyd witch-hunt either.

I'll give Boyd dogs abuse on Saturday if he deserves any. Like if he commits a bad foul on a Hearts player. But his choice on playing for the National team. I don't give a hoot on that subject really.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I like to see the best for Hearts and the best for Scotland and I think Kris Boyd went deliberately out his way to unsettle a squad and cause division among Scotland supporters. But if you're not bothered about the national team then obviously it's not going to anger you.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i'll boo him, like i do with every other player who has turned there backs on the Scotlland team :P

he's no better than McGeady or McCarthy imo, ugly barsteward!!!

Captain Lithuania

i'll boo him, like i do with every other player who has turned there backs on the Scotlland team :P

:bravo:

Agree entirely.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but I like to see the best for Hearts and the best for Scotland and I think Kris Boyd went deliberately out his way to unsettle a squad and cause division among Scotland supporters. But if you're not bothered about the national team then obviously it's not going to anger you.

Where do you get that from? He was just looking after himself. He's obviously got an ego and couldn't put up with playing a bit part. I don't think his actions will have unsettled the squad in any whatsoever anyway. Means less competition for his place.

Where do you get that from? He was just looking after himself. He's obviously got an ego and couldn't put up with playing a bit part. I don't think his actions will have unsettled the squad in any whatsoever anyway. Means less competition for his place.

He made it public and made sure everybody knew he didn't like Burley.

The press have been gunning for Burley ever since he took over. You can guarantee Boyd knew what he was doing.

Seymour M Hersh

Behave.

Would you, did you boo McGeadie for his decision to play for Ireland or indeed to take the OF out the deal what about the boy at Hamilton that did the same?

I think he was played by a media which is desperate to see Burley fail in order to prove Gordon Smith wrong after he had a go at them earlier.

George Burley is the Scotland manager and he is the one who lives and dies by the results of the national team. He deserves the respect to pick his side and tactics and get on with it. If Kris Boyd no longer wished to be selected because he wasn't getting enough minutes he should have told Burley of that privately and withdrawn from selection indefinitely. This nonsense about refusing to play for a particular manager is a farce. Kris Boyd is not good enough to demand a starting berth for Scotland.

So you really believe the players didn't think it undermined the position of the manager? It's effectively lost Burley any respect in the dressing room. It would be like Nade saying he doesn't want to play under Csaba.

He made it public and made sure everybody knew he didn't like Burley.

The press have been gunning for Burley ever since he took over. You can guarantee Boyd knew what he was doing.

Yeah I suppose, in a childish way he wanted to get back at Burley for having not given him the time on the pitch that he felt he deserved. What should he have done though, given that he had made the decision not to play again under Burley? Is there any way of doing it correctly or is it a lose-lose scenario?

So you really believe the players didn't think it undermined the position of the manager? It's effectively lost Burley any respect in the dressing room. It would be like Nade saying he doesn't want to play under Csaba.

And how would you know that then? :rolleyes:

Miller Jambo 60

Blue Jersey abuse from me:)

I think he was played by a media which is desperate to see Burley fail in order to prove Gordon Smith wrong after he had a go at them earlier.

George Burley is the Scotland manager and he is the one who lives and dies by the results of the national team. He deserves the respect to pick his side and tactics and get on with it. If Kris Boyd no longer wished to be selected because he wasn't getting enough minutes he should have told Burley of that privately and withdrawn from selection indefinitely. This nonsense about refusing to play for a particular manager is a farce. Kris Boyd is not good enough to demand a starting berth for Scotland.

Totally agree with your first statement. The whole thing also went awry because both guys, like two animals facing each other off, started tit-for-tat comments on each other.

Yes, Burley can do whatever he pleases in picking the team. But Boyd also had the right to tell him that he no longer wanted to be a part of it. I just hope that Boyd lives to regret his decision by Burley going on to make Scotland a success.

Your final point - I disagree. He is good enough.

boyd is an out-and-out conman and an aggressive feker into the bargain.

lots of reasons to boo him.

boo.

Well it's hardly a vote of confidence.

True Novafone, it certainly isn't, but perhaps you shouldn't be stating that Burley has lost the confidence of the dressing-room like it is a fact, when it's only your opinion, no? I imagine that the guys under Burley's charge are quite savvy and know what's what. Well I hope so anyway.

I've no intention of going out of my way to boo him from the start - however I would bet a pound to a pinch of s*** that he will raise a boo from me at some stage, probably when getting away with some act of blatant cheating later on :mad:

As regards the NT caper

I suspect he might be a disruptive influence in the squad. Maybe he shirks hard training, and that wont go un-noticed by Dode OR the other players who are equally desperate to get their share of pitch time ?

The again, maybe he just made Dode look a total lightweight when it came to scooping up at the squad hotel :P

Why don't we just boo Kris Boyd cos he's a detestable Rangers to$$er?

:thumb: I've given Boyd abuse since I realised what a horrible Weegie scrotebag he is (when he played for Killie) and I'll continue to do it until I can't be arsed anymore. The fact that he doesn't want to play for Scotland makes no difference to me whatsoever.

boabyarsebiscuit
Would you, did you boo McGeadie for his decision to play for Ireland or indeed to take the OF out the deal what about the boy at Hamilton that did the same?

Thank you.

I'll start off by saying I booed Aiden McGeady no more than any other Celtic player. Well that's a lie actually. I boo Artur Boruc more than any Celtic player. On the basis that Boruc is a self-pitying play-the-victim troublemaking bigot, whom I truly detest. But last game against Celtic we were so pathetic, I probably didn't boo anybody to be honest. Not even our bunch of cowardly capitulating no-marks (the management team, I mean).

The boy from Hamilton. I wouldn't recognise him if I was in the pub and he was singing The Boys of the Old Brigade on the karaoke, to be honest.

For the record, I think there's a difference between Aiden McGeady and Kris Boyd. Boyd took the huff because ***** like Iwelumo and Fletcher were given chances in a must win game ahead of him, and he thought he'd never get a chance under Burley. I'm not condoning his stance, but he has a right to it. Aiden McGeady on the other hand chooses to play for a country because he is steeped in the peculiar institution that is the West of Scotland bigotry practised by the green half of the Old Firm. You know, the bigotry we're not allowed to mention, or we become bigots ourselves - that is the "proper" kind of bigot. The Wee Hun dirty Orange bassa kind. Not the freedom fighting warrior poet highly politicised Celtic support who are in no way bigots, no sirree. McGeady is also entitled to his stance. I just think his reasons for playing for Ireland, and not playing for Scotland, are very different than Kris Boyd's reasons for telling Burley he doesn't want to play for him. The boy from Hamilton may also be a hun-hating, dirty Orange bassa hating Ned from Lanarkshire. The kind who jostle poppy sellers on gorgie Road. I don't know.

Anyway, McGeady / Boyd - totally different. Although I'm sure my opinion merely reinforces your view of me as a bigot.

Archived