Acceptable amount of skiving in the working day

Rawrrrrrrr

I work 9-5 in a boring office, and to be honest, I find myself on Kickback for at least half the day ;)

Sexton Hardcastle

Mondays are brutal. So more is acceptable on such days.

Id say i kill a good 2 hours each day on here/bbc sport etc..

I work 9-5 in a boring office, and to be honest, I find myself on Kickback for at least half the day ;)

Not so easy for me as Internet usage is constantly monitored

Not so easy for me as Internet usage is constantly monitored

Unlucky :)

Zero monitoring of internet, telephone and email usage. Half the time no one even checks to see you actually showed up - Rock on :P

Unlucky :)

Zero monitoring of internet, telephone and email usage. Half the time no one even checks to see you actually showed up - Rock on :P

...sounds like where I work ;)

As long as you get your work done, I don't see the problem with having a snoop around online.

Have to agree with that

My work are quite flexible, as long as your doing your job, and properly there not bothered.

If we werent it would be quite quickly noticed.

My previous employer on the other hand monitored anything and moaned if you took too long on a break by a few seconds etc.

Despite all this I am far more productive and commited to my job now than I was in the last place

Sometimes you need to treat people with respect to get the best from them.

For me 7 hours and 24 minutes of skiving a day is acceptable.

Jamie

You dont work in HMRC by any chance?

portobellojambo1
You dont work in HMRC by any chance?

Nobody works in HMRC.

I use the internet at lunchtime, while I am clocked out for lunch. For the 7-12 hours I am clocked in I work, hard, because that is what I get paid to do, work.

Nobody works in HMRC.

I use the internet at lunchtime, while I am clocked out for lunch. For the 7-12 hours I am clocked in I work, hard, because that is what I get paid to do, work.

welcome_to_loserville_-_population_you.jpg

Thinking back to today, I can honestly say I did nothing :)

Nobody works in HMRC.

Agreed, I hope all these work-shy barstewards are the first to get punted when the redundancy rounds come about.

Precisely why you'll amount to nothing.

;)

For some utterly bizarre reason, I read this thread title as "Acceptable amount of skydiving in the working day" to which I would say 10,000 feet but no more. :)

portobellojambo1
welcome_to_loserville_-_population_you.jpg

Well, be glad I am not your boss, because tomorrow you would be looking for another job.

Agreed, I hope all these work-shy barstewards are the first to get punted when the redundancy rounds come about.

boooooo. you surely wouldn't wish redundancy on people.

there ARE some very hard working people in HMRC, i've seen them for myself when i used to skive there.

there ARE some very hard working people in HMRC, i've seen them for myself when i used to skive there.

I would if they come on here and boast about doing **** all, all day.

My comments weren't specifically aimed at Revenue and Customs.

I am a firm believer that you get what you work for in life and if your earning less than 15k its probably because of your own doing.

How much you earning then, Prancer??.... You'll be on the streets soon at this rate....:P

Jamie_the_Jambo

It will not. As you know its the ones that do the work who get punted and all us work shy fops carry on doing nothing but talking the talk and wlaking the walk. Really, its quite simple. Learn to talk the job and let the others do the work.

Jamie

I would if they come on here and boast about doing **** all, all day.

My comments weren't specifically aimed at Revenue and Customs.

well as far as HMRC are concerned i wouldn't imagine too many have internet access, even these days. i do know it's a horrendously demotivating hell-hole to work in.

i will not condemn an HMRC dude for being a skiving bassa, sorry fellow skiving bassa.

i'm still over the moon i escaped years ago.

It will not. As you know its the ones that do the work who get punted and all us work shy fops carry on doing nothing but talking the talk and wlaking the walk. Really, its quite simple. Learn to talk the job and let the others do the work.

Jamie

I'm not like you, I don't work in the public sector.

;)

How much you earning then, Prancer??.... You'll be on the streets soon at this rate....:P

To be fair the type of work I do is rotational and I tend to get 2 quiet weeks were I just need to deal with queries and 2 busy weeks were I am lucky to get a lunch most weeks.

I am in the quiet time so I actually dont have anything to do :)

Jamie_the_Jambo
Well, be glad I am not your boss, because tomorrow you would be looking for another job.

I get paid for what I know not what I do. I can knock up a bit of code in an hour to do a job then sit back and scratch my A ss for the rest of the week while it runs.

Jamie

I get paid for what I know not what I do. I can knock up a bit of code in an hour to do a job then sit back and scratch my A ss for the rest of the week while it runs.

Jamie

You're not the BOFH are you? ;)

Jamie

Sounds interesting.

Miller Jambo 60

Thanks bud my confidence is 0 .

Was shafted by the mighty NHS and screwed for 30000 pounds Redundacy.

Hey ho ive got my wife and kids and 2000000000000 could not replace that.

As for the gay boy that booted me out my job .

You will get it mate .

Sorry guys

Thanks bud my confidence is 0 .

Was shafted by the mighty NHS and screwed for 30000 pounds Redundacy.

Hey ho ive got my wife and kids and 2000000000000 could not replace that.

As for the gay boy that booted me out my job .

You will get it mate .

Sorry guys

Take your fingers out your eye sockets and read my post you dafty.

I tend to go walkies (hit on the bird in the other office from me) a couple of times a day. I do my work though and actually end up longer hours than I'm actually paid for. It's better that way - I love my job.

Do people realise the extent that some employers could go to and if they did put a case against them for breach company standards etc then its all here for them...?

Laugh out loud moment

Archived