According to the Daily record

Devries4

In amongst the match report from Saturday, the Daily Record still can't help itself from putting in the following......

"Certainly, Vladimir Romanov - remember him? - appears to be poking his nose in elsewhere as the Lithuanian football authorities last week apparently advised him not to give his 61-year-old legs a run-out he'd planned in a meaningless, end-of-season league match between FBK Kaunas and Silute."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2008/11/24/i-wouldn-t-have-had-nerve-to-try-this-before-csaba-86908-20920059/

In amongst the match report from Saturday, the Daily Record still can't help itself from putting in the following......

"Certainly, Vladimir Romanov - remember him? - appears to be poking his nose in elsewhere as the Lithuanian football authorities last week apparently advised him not to give his 61-year-old legs a run-out he'd planned in a meaningless, end-of-season league match between FBK Kaunas and Silute."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/falkirk/2008/11/24/i-wouldn-t-have-had-nerve-to-try-this-before-csaba-86908-20920059/

:biggrin: If that's true, good on him! He may be a crazy old coot but he's certainly got some style. And of course, he is our crazy old coot.

That man does make me giggle! In 1995, by way of drumming up publicity about the Southern League's ridiculous refusal to allow them to transfer across to the Isthmian League, Wealdstone FC signed someone named Shearer, and had every intention of playing him. Not Alan, not even Duncan - but 'Super' Val Shearer, lifelong fan of the club, aged 82. :)

sergent garcia
:biggrin: If that's true, good on him! He may be a crazy old coot but he's certainly got some style. And of course, he is our crazy old coot.

in national newspapers there was story bout that still im not 100 proc sure its true, but VR was actually training with team it would be really funny if he could come out dont think it ever happened in any league:)

Non-story and highly likely to be total rumour.

Yet we'll still get a whole bunch on here tutting and cursing his name for being so 'silly'.

The story should be given the contempt it deserve by Hearts fans.

Shame many will focus on it instead.

Jam Tarts 1874

I also notice that according to today's Daily Ranger that Hearts conceeded 18 fouls to Falkirk's 8. Why believe anything that appears in this sad excuse for a journal?!

If we ever get a game against anyone were a loss might affect celtic I would be in full support of playing the entire romanov family :)

Fergus McCann got the same treatment when he took over the reins at Celtic.

If Vlad can achieve half of what McCann did I'll take all this nonense as a compliment to Vlad.

Appears and apparently.

That to me appears that Gary Rotten has apparently made up this story. Why can't he just write about the game instead of apparently appearing to balance out the good points with an irrelevant non story.

Guest Dipped Flake

Just think it's a sign that the papers are running out of negative stories about us. God, even on here there are hardly any negative threads. Haven't seen 'Vlad is killing our club' for a few days now. No doubt if we get beat by the bigots this weekend they will all reappear

Guest JamboRobbo

The story should be given the contempt it deserve by Hearts fans.

Shame many will focus on it instead.

That man should be given the contempt he deserves by Hearts fans.

Shame many will lick his arse instead.

That man should be given the contempt he deserves by Hearts fans.

Shame many will lick his arse instead.

I dont recall suggesting he should in anyway be praised.

Get used to it. There will be a negative story or a story linking our players with other teams every day this week in the press.

Remember who we play on Saturday.

Nelly Terraces

Does anyone actually care what these rags write about us, or anyone/thing else for that matter? I certainly couldn't care less. In 10 - 20 years time none of these tawdry pieces of cheap bogpaper will be in existance. Their fast becoming a complete irrelevance.

It's the Daily ****** FFS, not 'Time' magazine.

And here's a message to those who buy the Daily Record? now, I'm typing this very slowly, Watch My Fingers? Stop complaining about it. Don't call the Record biased, or inaccurate - of course it is, it's a newspaper! The vast majority of its readership is of the Wicked West (and not just in it) and that's whom it's aiming to please. Newspapers are only interested in selling tomorrow's newspaper.

That's a quote from one of Chief Grouser's invariably excellent pieces on London Hearts. They should bring him back: he always spoke an alarming amount of sense, and he's right again here. As NT says, who the heck cares about the ****** anyway? In the great scheme of things, they're an utter irrelevance.

"what a complete blanker"

A non story that preludes the game at the weekend another 6 day's of negative Vlad-Bashing to go.

If he worked for a respectful newspaper you could take it with "a pinch of salt" but as its the Daily ****** well dare I say "come to your own conclusion" the monkeys that run the sports pages on this arspaper are in essence dreading a HMFC resurgence.

I think the Daily Record does a brilliant job of getting under the skin of some Hearts fans.

One nil to a paper that I wouldn't stuff my football boots with.

Buffalo Bill

Couldn't give two rats about it............Romanov who? Appreciate what yer saying Dr B but if he can't be arsed turning up at Tynecastle then I can't be arsed bothering about him.

i wish he'd tried that when we played rangers at the end of 05/06.

lol!

Buffalo Bill

Chad Sexington

Much as I hate the Record and Ralston, despite the rather lame dig at Vlad I actually thought the report was fairly gushing in it's praise for Csaba and the team. :eek:

Strange.

Much as I hate the Record and Ralston, despite the rather lame dig at Vlad I actually thought the report was fairly gushing in it's praise for Csaba and the team. :eek:

Strange.

I thought most of the match reports from the various papers were pretty much gushing in their praise. Altogether a very weird experience...

Anyway... if Vlad did do that, good on him...bloody lunatic.... :laugh:

..."Certainly, Vladimir Romanov - remember him? - appears to be poking his nose in elsewhere as the Lithuanian football authorities last week apparently advised him not to give his 61-year-old legs a run-out he'd planned in a meaningless, end-of-season league match between FBK Kaunas and Silute."...

I was told that he wanted to be stripped and come on as a sub against Barca but was talked out of it.

It might be pish but with VR you can never know.

If I owned the club I would make sure that I played for them at least once for 5 mins at the end of a game.

Nothing wrong with it -- of course these days I'd need 3 months training just for those 5 mins but still............ :)

I was told that he wanted to be stripped and come on as a sub against Barca but was talked out of it.

It might be pish but with VR you can never know.

If I owned the club then I would have done.

If we ever get a game against anyone were a loss might affect celtic I would be in full support of playing the entire romanov family :)

So Saturday then?

Miller Jambo 60

Strange.

Ralston is a penis of the highest order.

Sorry mods

Ralston is a penis of the highest order.

Sorry mods

Why did you say sorry to the mods - do they like Ralston? :)

"Bullen said: "Andy showed great composure for his goal, although maybe a professional foul from Arnau when he won the ball in the first place would have been the right thing. I was never getting to him and then he was on to Darren Barr, who was last man. If we were in the last five minutes I would have taken him out but Darren was mindful there was still half an hour to go"

Got to Love that quote twice in 4 lines he says they should of taken him out lol!!!!

"Bullen said: "Andy showed great composure for his goal, although maybe a professional foul from Arnau when he won the ball in the first place would have been the right thing. I was never getting to him and then he was on to Darren Barr, who was last man. If we were in the last five minutes I would have taken him out but Darren was mindful there was still half an hour to go"

Got to Love that quote twice in 4 lines he says they should of taken him out lol!!!!

Ah, but they're 'guid honest laddies' aren't they? They'd not even have considered commiting a foul...would they?

If I owned the club I would make sure that I played for them at least once for 5 mins at the end of a game.

Nothing wrong with it -- of course these days I'd need 3 months training just for those 5 mins but still............ :)

I would too if i owned Hearts but i'd need about 6 months training and a top of the range zimmer frame!

Archived