Hearts Memorabilia - Who has what?

JamboLad

john brownlee

don't collect many things but what I do have is a post card of the Heart of Mid-lothian team 1912- 1913 season. Which my granny sent to my grandad while serving in France during WW1 Its in one of these old fashioned card frame things with my granny's message "with all my love Darling" He must have looked after it because its in almost mint condition barr a few creases and a shadow mark which I presume was the outline of his pocket or kit bag.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Towzer

• 51 Shirts -Moments in Time

• londonjambo

Having been sent on an errand by a certain someone ;) to the memorabilia shop in Albion Rd recently, I saw these & couldn't resist buying all three.

The remarkable thing is that even the wife is impressed with them & is allowing me to frame them & put them on display in our recently redecorated kitchen.

DSC02228.jpg

I found all the ticket stubs for the european games at murrayfield,also semi final against hobos.

My maroon/white afro wig,scottish cup winners flag 06,scottish cup winners t-shirt,match programme for THAT game.

newspaper cuttings of our scottish cup win o6,tckt stub for friendly against barca,match pro for barca,memories of RONALDINHO blowing me a kiss from their team bus.

Robbie neilsons testimonial game match programme,a shirt with MIKO 16 from o5/06 season.

Hearts best pub team t-shirt,europa league 'believe' t-shirt,hearts v barca t-shirt.WEE ROBBO signed my home strip for this season.

Honestly didnt think it was that much till i startd sifting thru it.

londonjambo

Having been sent on an errand by a certain someone wink.gif to the memorabilia shop in Albion Rd recently, I saw these & couldn't resist buying all three.

The remarkable thing is that even the wife is impressed with them & is allowing me to frame them & put them on display in our recently redecorated kitchen.

DSC02228.jpg

See, if I hadnt sent .... ahem, I mean asked you to go down there, you wouldnt have had the opportunity to purchase three items of such stunning beauty and proud history that even your good lady loves them.

Very nice - a great purchase.

GC

Mikey Gardiner

I have 3 signed footballs - 2005/06 season 2007/08 season and then i have one from 2008/09 season.

I also have a 2 pendants one from the 2004 uefa cup season and a few badges i bought when we beat hibs at hampden in 2006.

Also got a few autograph books with alot of the old players signatures in it.

Mikey Gardiner

Having been sent on an errand by a certain someone ;) to the memorabilia shop in Albion Rd recently, I saw these & couldn't resist buying all three.

DSC02228.jpg

A great purchase. Lucky you were sent down there. All 3 are superb.

Mikey Gardiner

1998 scottish cup final programme. pretty much mint condition :)

Nice. Im sure i have the programme somewhere but just can't find it anywhere which is annoying me.

Edited by Mikey Gardiner

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

I've got the souvenir programme from the Saturday after the 1956 cup final. Against Raith Rovers, I think (it's in a box somewhere).

Also (not specifically Heart-related), a complete set of "Football Scot"/"Scottish Football" mags from the 70s/early 80s.

However, my favourite is the scar beside my right eye from getting hit by a bottle thrown by a celtic fan in the shed, from the game in the 70s when we beat them 4-1 at Tynecastle. There's a lump inside which is either scar tissue or a small piece of smelly glass. I'm sure it's worth something, but I can't figure out how to get it onto eBay.

Was that last bit too much information...?

davemclaren

I've got the souvenir programme from the Saturday after the 1956 cup final. Against Raith Rovers, I think (it's in a box somewhere).

Also (not specifically Heart-related), a complete set of "Football Scot"/"Scottish Football" mags from the 70s/early 80s.

However, my favourite is the scar beside my right eye from getting hit by a bottle thrown by a celtic fan in the shed, from the game in the 70s when we beat them 4-1 at Tynecastle. There's a lump inside which is either scar tissue or a small piece of smelly glass. I'm sure it's worth something, but I can't figure out how to get it onto eBay.

Was that last bit too much information...?

Yes, cut it out. :whistling:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Yes, cut it out. :whistling:

Of course. I should have thought of that. And it won't even hurt - will it?

Teuchterjambo

Apart from lots of old programmes etc I have one special possesion.

I have Robbo's top from the Robbie Nielsen's Testimonial game which is a bit of a one off in itself in that it has the special game badge on it but most importantly it is numbered "27" and I doubt if there are any other Robbo signed tops signed by the man himself with a number "27" on it.

It was given to me by the man himself and it is a prized possession but one day I will put it up for auction in aid of a Hearts related charity - I'm thinking about Macrae's Trust but I really want to make sure that it will be auctioned in a situation where it will fetch a good price and be appreciated by the buyer.

He told the story about being sent the info for the game and he saw his name listed under No 27 and his first reaction was that they were taking the psss but being the statistician that he is it didn't take him long to realise the significance - if only he were available this week and managed to make it "28" !!!!

Not a lot really......

1954-55 League Cup Winners medal

1955-56 Scottish Cup Winners medal

Arthur Mann's shirt

A pair of Cruickie's old gloves

Numerous old programmes & books

Robbo's cup final beer

Scotland v League of Ireland medal

Tons of newspapers clipings

Thought I had posted when this thread first started???

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Not a lot really......

1954-55 League Cup Winners medal

1955-56 Scottish Cup Winners medal

Arthur Mann's shirt

A pair of Cruickie's old gloves

Numerous old programmes & books

Robbo's cup final beer

Scotland v League of Ireland medal

Tons of newspapers clipings

Thought I had posted when this thread first started???

That probably justs trumps the bit of bottle glass in my right eye. Damn.

badly drawn boy

Not sure I understand this. Can anyone explain ?

GC

Yeah i can explain it Garry , my comp was playing up .Your list their is pretty impressive , i have a number of signed tops from player sponsorship throughout the years -Paul ritchie , Lee makel , Mahe , Hartley , jose , Bruno , Janny , Miko ,Ches , Lee wallace , Darren murray -lots of Squad signed tops , dozens of books and all sorts of bits and pieces

500 odd programmes from the 50s onwards including signed 1956 cup final and 54 LC i

Roddy

Edited by badly drawn boy

Unused ticket from the 56 final is my fav bit of memorabilia.

All homes since 56/57 except 6 which are like rocking horse 541te.

Scotsman newspaper from 37/38 with the match report for the 8-3 win.

North American tour progs from the 70s v Dallas Tornado and New York Cosmos.

Edited by Busby8

this_is_my_story

I have an original 'The Hearts' book by Albert Mackie, signed by both Willie Bauld and Jimmy Wardaugh!

I've the very same book, also signed by various other Hearts legends of that era.

I also have what I'm led to believe is a very rare fold-out cartoonist print (which I believe was produced by the evening news) detailing the exploits of the Terrible Trio. I'll try and get it scanned and upload it here. I also have the match programme from the Willie Bauld testimonial match, and a ticket stub from the 1956 Scottish Cup Final - and although it's probably not of much interest to anyone else, I also have a maroon scarf worn at the 1956 cup final by a (sadly now deceased) friend of my Father's.

Although less exclusively, I also have hundreds of match programmes from the 60's and 70's passed down to me by my uncle - and I also have autographs from De Vries, John Robertson, and Gary Mackay.

This is a fantastic thread, by the way. :thumbsup:

this_is_my_story

Amazing!

My Grandfather was at that game, it'd be great if you could scan the report and upload it onto here. I know just how much he'd love to see that. :thumbsup:

this_is_my_story

Edit: double post.

Edited by this_is_my_story

heartsfc_fan

Nothing really special for me:

1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005* (*signed by Takis Fyssas), 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (current) home strips.

One or two old football programmes ranging from 50's, 80's, 90's and 00's.

Czech republic flag signed by Roman Bednar (ok, that's not strictly Hearts memorabilia ;)).

1998 Scottish cup semi programme.

1998 Scottish cup final programme.

2006 Scottish cup semi programme + ticket.

2006 Scottish cup final programme + ticket.

Amazing!

My Grandfather was at that game, it'd be great if you could scan the report and upload it onto here. I know just how much he'd love to see that. :thumbsup:

No problem. It was actually 35/36 though. My mistake. Hope were still talking about the same game that your grandfather went to. I can't get the damn things to upload though, however if you pm me with an email address I'll send them to you directly. Londonjambo kindly published part of this in a home programme a few years ago. Can't recall the date of publication, but I think it was a home v Motherwell it appeared in.

Not Hearts related but I still have my ticket stub and programme for the 1966 World Cup Final. Had a 'Season Ticket' for all games played at Wembley, total cost ?3/17/6. Cup final ticket cost 10/-! (that's 50p if you weren't alive then.) Still got some of the early game tickets intact as I couldn't attend them, and stubs for the others.

Remember being annoyed when the final went to extra time as we had to catch the bus home from Victoria Bus Station and we were worried we would miss it! Getting to a World Cup Final is very special, even if the wrong team wins it! Wish I could have a quid for every time it'll be mentioned between now and June, sure it would cover my seasom ticket for next season.

Charlie-Brown

I've got a copy of Hearts 'Giles' cartoons annual from circa 1980 .... for our younger posters 'Giles' was a cartoonist not dissimilar in style to O'Boyle in the current Edinburgh Evening News however back then every Monday he used to produce a Hearts & a Hibs cartoon with a humuorous take on the weeks news or the weekend result etc.

Edited by Charlie-Brown

londonjambo

I've got a copy of Hearts 'Giles' cartoons annual from circa 1980 .... for our younger posters 'Giles' was a cartoonist not dissimilar in style to O'Boyle in the current Edinburgh Evening News however back then every Monday he used to produce a Hearts & a Hibs cartoon with a humuorous take on the weeks news or the weekend result etc.

As featured in my memorabilia column in the Motherwell programme at the weekend. Incidentally, it's Gilzean not Giles. Giles was the unfunny cartoon in the Express with the grumpy looking granny. Gilzean also produced badges which were very popular in the 70's and early 80's.

I said in the piece that I thought he had started in the 50's and stopped in the early 80's but can anyone confirm?

GC

1956 team sheet published by the Daily Express

1955 Hearts Annual

Some 1986 stuff

Lot's of 1998 stuff

lots of Hearts video going back to 1986.

• 11 years later...

I have a 1956 cup final programm,a match ticket and a daily express team sheet for the game. Does anyone now roughly how much it's worth? Genuine question. 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, Caramoon said:

I have a 1956 cup final programm,a match ticket and a daily express team sheet for the game. Does anyone now roughly how much it's worth? Genuine question. 

As ever, condition is King. Depending on that factor, programme £40-£80, Express team card £15-£25 but ticket is more difficult. Is it complete or just the stub? What is its face value (higher priced ones are rarer)? What is the condition?Depending on answers to all of these q’s, the ticket could be worth anything from £30 to £100+.

I have a ball signed by the championship 2014 team with the old badge style on it.

i also have a 98’ final top signed by the team including getting the subs to sign it as well….particularly a Mr J Robertson.

durhamhearts
Just now, durhamhearts said:
  Reveal hidden contents

0184C23E-67EB-46BD-8EEA-62DFDE78A284.jpeg

80BADB3E-3DB7-4BB7-816B-7AB4F78CBA9F.jpeg

Hearts ball signed by the 1998 Scottish Cup winning team / Squad 2 days before the final 

I have a ball signed by the championship 2014 team with the old badge style on it.

i also have a 98’ final top signed by the team including getting the subs to sign it as well….particularly a Mr J Robertson.

Both now sit in my sons room.

13 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

As ever, condition is King. Depending on that factor, programme £40-£80, Express team card £15-£25 but ticket is more difficult. Is it complete or just the stub? What is its face value (higher priced ones are rarer)? What is the condition?Depending on answers to all of these q’s, the ticket could be worth anything from £30 to £100+.

The condition off the items is excellent. I'll have to check the price on the ticket. Thanks for the reply

Not memorabilia as such, but special to me. I have a photo of me holding the Scottish Cup outside the Hearts dressing room just after the end of the 2012 cup final. I reckon I was the first Hearts supporter outside the club players and officials who got to hold the cup that day.