Hearts Memorabilia - Who has what?

JamboLad

Ive got,and willing to sell,a hibs 7-0 programme.

signed by,jimmy o,rourke,paddy stanton,eric schaedlar

duncan,cropley and the rest.

Absoloute mint.

sorry but times are hard.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chuck Berry

• Towzer

• 51 Shirts -Moments in Time

• londonjambo

scott herbertson
Dear all,

A friend of mine is looking to sell some stuff he was given as gifts by an ex member of staff (who was also given the stuff as gifts).

I've asked him to make a list of what he has and i'll post it when it's ready on the wanted/for sale forum.

Some of the items seem quite interesting but I won't say anything until I get the list.

Buffalo Bill

BB

Culdn't you persuade him to auction them with a proportion going to the Great War Memorial?

I have a sound EBay sellers account (500* rep 100% positive) and would be willing to sell them on his behalf if a % went to a good cause

Libertonian_II
Match programme PSG v Hearts 1984 as well as the 1980 book of 'Giles' Hearts cartoons if anybody can remember those.

I thought that the PSG thing was a weekly mag rather than a prog. The guy on the cover made Scott Brown look handsome!

I've got a very tatty pennant from the the 1956 cup final plus a few progs from the seventies. Also signed football from 98/99 and top from 2005/2006

Edited by Libertonian_II

BB

Culdn't you persuade him to auction them with a proportion going to the Great War Memorial?

I have a sound EBay sellers account (500* rep 100% positive) and would be willing to sell them on his behalf if a % went to a good cause

It's a possibility, but he may wish for a private sale. It just depends what he says really. It's nothing too glam or expensive

The only thing in it for me is a pint of Guinness (hopefully).

Buffalo Bill

BB

Herbertson,

is it toiling for money?

Edited by Towzer

Gav Aitchison

Quite a lot of old shirts being mentioned... there's a cracking one up for sale on Friday, but you need to be in England to have any chance:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=35590

I've not added much to my collection for a while, but I've got all home programmes since the 56 cup win, and thousands of tickets too. Favourite items include a rosette worn by my grandfather at the 56 cup final; a ticket from our first home European game; and a 1959 Australia v Hearts programme, signed by the whole tour party.

An old Hearts badge, given to a friend of mine approx 1961/62. By the great Tommy Walker. My mate wasn't really interested in football so he gave it to me! Had that badge for close on 50 years. Would never part with it. my Grandson will 'inherit it' when i leave this old world behind.

A picture of me and Wee Tam before the 2006 final.

:)

If that's the same "Wee" Tam that posts on here, you'll need an awfy wide frame for that photo ! :rolleyes:

I have an embarassing number of tops, programes, tickets, penants, posters, and badges from domestic and European games over almost thirty years, but some of my favourite items are a bit different to most of what's been mentioned on this thread.

CIS League Cup Final ball, signed by the Livi team after their victory against some wee team from Lochend.

A bound volume of Hearts programes (produced for the Board of Directors I believe) from the memorable 1985/86 Season.

The full set of original documents, imcludimg all the actual lawyers letters, proposals and responses, from a certain take over bid for that same wee team from Lochend mentioned above.

One of the barriers from the terracing in the shed, complete with original vandalism (!) and a letter of authenticity from Hearts.

These things may not be worth much (I don't really know to be honest) but they always bring back memories, and make me smile any time I look at any of them.

Nostalga's just not what it used to be !

i've got part of the dugout and a corner flag if anyone wants them. don't ask how i got them.

I know;) A rather funny and messy night as far as I can remember:cool:

Son Of Anarchy

Got loads but pride of place goes to the Hearts football signed after the cup final in 98 by the whole squad.The scorer of the second goal that day got got it for me :) Also got a signed full bottle of beer from Robo. Got a signed pair of Rudi's boots aswell with pic of him signing them.

Lots and lots of programmes, probably favourites include mint copies of the 1954 League Cup and 1956 Scottish Cup wins, 1976 Australia v Hearts (it was a newspaper issue and I've never seen another one for sale), fixtures card produced by the Australian FA for the 1959 tour, and my Hearts v Hibs collection from the 1950's (three short of full set).

Are Hearts ever going to get a Museum up and running? Hibs appear to have managed it, and there's plenty of space under the Wheatfield and Roseburn stands without having to wait for the mythical New Main Stand to appear.

Failing that, there's probably enough tat amongst the members to open a JKB Museum!

WorldChampions1902
Are Hearts ever going to get a Museum up and running?

My understanding is there will be no museum - not as we know them anyway. Maybe a few glass display cases dotted round some of the new rooms / floors / suites but that's it.

Another opportunity missed. :(

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]DSCN0657_thumb.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

john roberson scoring his record breaking goal against rangers , only 208 of these ever made.cost around ?150.00 in 98.

also have a couple of signed strips and the lots of programes and ticket stubs.

DSCN0654_thumb.jpg

DSCN0653_thumb.jpg

DSCN0655_thumb.jpg

DSCN0656_thumb.jpg

Sunday Mail dated May 17, 1998

Daily Record dated May 18, 1998

Can?t think why I would possibly want to have them in my possession :)

You only got two? I got all of the papers, both days. :)

I have a rare collection of pennants fom the league cup wins in 54 through to 63 including the scottish cup and league wins between.

I have a pennant from just after the '56 final with the team on it.

I don't have anywhere near as much as others on this thread, and certainly don't have the tops that others have.

I do have loads of programmes dating back into the 60's IIRC, I also have a Bayern one, from the away game which is really cool.

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]1382[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

john roberson scoring his record breaking goal against rangers , only 208 of these ever made.cost around ?150.00 in 98.

also have a couple of signed strips and the lots of programes and ticket stubs.

I've got one of them as well.

digicampics24Dec06.jpg

My Fav pic, photo doesn't do it justice.

21st April 1956

Back row - R. Kirk - D. McKay - T. MacKenzie - T. Walker - W. Duff - W. Bauld - J.Cumming

A. Young - A Conn - F. Glidden - J. Wardhaugh - J.Crawford

I Have The programme from THAT Day at Dens Park signed on the front by Wallace Mercer before the game.I can hardly bear to look at it but I suppose it is a part of Hearts history?

My understanding is there will be no museum - not as we know them anyway. Maybe a few glass display cases dotted round some of the new rooms / floors / suites but that's it.

Another opportunity missed. :(

Frigging typical, time for JKBers to take matters into our own hands :cool:

WorldChampions1902
Frigging typical, time for JKBers to take matters into our own hands :cool:

The club has an Aladdin's cave of aretfacts (or Heart-e-facts) in secure storage as well as items out on loan to the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden. There are ancient lantern slides, wood panels from the old boardroom, medals, cups, pennants, shirts, club papers, photographs, precious letters relating to the Great War from world leaders etc etc.

Add to these exhibits the many items that Hearts fans would be glad to donate or loan and you have the potential to put together a truly unique football nostalgia experience not to mention the educational aspects (e.g. Hearts and The Great War).

Then there's the 'Technology angle' where multimedia could be deployed to enhance visitors experience - everything from 3D match footage to being able to view (almost) every page of every Hearts programme / publication / news item at a click.

This would surely have universal appeal beyond football fans and given Edinburgh's attraction as a tourist trap, the commercial potential is IMHO significant. And if you come to visit the museum, you will also visit the club shop.

As I said earlier, not just an opportunity lost, but a real commercial opportinity at that.

:sad:

My dad has a fair few old photos, expertly framed on display in his work.

I stand to inherit quite a collection as I keep telling him. :rolleyes:

Most of them I bought. He has a superb framed photo of the 1901 cup winning team with the cup. Cost me ?35.00 from the old shop that used to be at Lochrin. I bought it as a trophy starved teenager. Skint me at the time.

As an aside, I was given a lovely Hearts football by my kids for my 11th anniversary in May this year. I took it to Robbies testimonial & my sister asked the guy at the tunnel if he could take it to the players at half time & have it signed by the 98 & 2006 teams.

I got a lot of great autographs & my dad made me a nice metal plinth to display it on in my livingroom. Was chuffed with that.

I have Stevie Frails full training kit from last year!!!

I wrote to him and explained that I was running a couple of youth football teams in england (where i live) and that some of the kids had seen him on tv with my initials on his tops - (Scott Foley). So would he be so kind as to send me one of his tops at the end of the season. He wrote back and promised to send me a top and was delighted that I was spreading the good name of Heart of Midlothian all over the east midlands.

At the end of the season, Stevie was as good as his word and two large parcels arrived with, two tops, two sweat shirts, jacket, shorts and tracky bottoms. Top man - thanks Stevie.

My mate who is a h*bs kint has got me a signed ball from Neilsons testimonial game. Not got it yet as I have not seen him. But he assures me he has it!!

I've got a chunk of the goal posts and the hearts badge that used to be above the tunnel.

gimp

You sir are a pathetic individual , that is all:hobofish:

The club has an Aladdin's cave of aretfacts (or Heart-e-facts) in secure storage as well as items out on loan to the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden. There are ancient lantern slides, wood panels from the old boardroom, medals, cups, pennants, shirts, club papers, photographs, precious letters relating to the Great War from world leaders etc etc.

Add to these exhibits the many items that Hearts fans would be glad to donate or loan and you have the potential to put together a truly unique football nostalgia experience not to mention the educational aspects (e.g. Hearts and The Great War).

Then there's the 'Technology angle' where multimedia could be deployed to enhance visitors experience - everything from 3D match footage to being able to view (almost) every page of every Hearts programme / publication / news item at a click.

This would surely have universal appeal beyond football fans and given Edinburgh's attraction as a tourist trap, the commercial potential is IMHO significant. And if you come to visit the museum, you will also visit the club shop.

As I said earlier, not just an opportunity lost, but a real commercial opportinity at that.

:sad:

Can't disagree with that. I've seen how much the Hampden Museum is used by school kids from the educational point of view, and whenever I have been there, there have been people from Spain, France and Germany in the Museum looking around. Hearts can do this if the will is there, but apparently it's not...:sad:

Mainly programmes amongst them.

Every home European tie Hearts have ever played.

Every semi and final Hearts have played since 1958

At least one away programme from every Scottish league club Hearts have played in a competitive game.

Every testimonial since Alex MacDonalds

Various other items including - pennants from the 54/55 and 58/59 League cup wins, various pennants and badges from euro games, the 1974 Centenary booklet, The Real Mackay signed by Dave Mackay and Hearts greatest season signed by Alex Young. Also a picture from the 56 cup final hand signed by Freddie Glidden.

Oh where to begin in answering that question.

Suffice it to say I've got a few bits and pieces.

Programmes from 1889 onwards including a full set of Hearts first team homes from the War onwards. Only missing a few reserves and a handful of aways.

Hundreds of tickets from 1924 onwards and season ticket books back to 1915

Shirts including Jim Cruickshank's 1976 Cup Final shirt, Phil Stamp's shirt worn in Bordeaux and many many others

Dave Mackay's 1959 League Cup Winners Medal

David Baird medal from 1901

James Whitson's medal from the 1878 EFA Cup v Hibs

George Robertson's magic lantern slides of early Hearts teams and other images

Two Scotland caps v England and Ireland awarded either to Bobby Walker or Charlie Thomson

Hundreds of memorabilia items including an illuminated address to the club secretary c.1920, Programme for 50th anniversary celebration in 1924, Tour itineraries, postcards, cigarette and trade cards, pennants, letters, cards, badges etc etc etc

On the subject of the museum, whilst it is obviously an excellent idea, I dont think it is high on Hearts' list of priorities right now. There may be some news of a memorabilia/history-related project early in the New Year. Cant say any more at present.

GC

got loads of singed tops/programmes etc...

but one that is a jem, a fag card from one of the players from the great war, think he came back after the war but died a few years later... will need to look it out as it is safly tucked away

If that's the same "Wee" Tam that posts on here, you'll need an awfy wide frame for that photo ! :rolleyes:

Yeah you were supposed to be in it too, but he didn't have his panoramic lens fitted. And I know you have more than that John;)

There may be some news of a memorabilia/history-related project early in the New Year. Cant say any more at present.GC

Tease! go on, throw us mere mortals a few scraps of info.....

• 1 year later...

Dear all,

A friend of mine is looking to sell some stuff he was given as gifts by an ex member of staff (who was also given the stuff as gifts).

I've asked him to make a list of what he has and i'll post it when it's ready on the wanted/for sale forum.

Some of the items seem quite interesting but I won't say anything until I get the list.

Buffalo Bill

BB, I know its ages ago but did anything ever come of this and if so is there a link to a thread in the wanted/for sale forum you could provide please? Thanks.

gorgie_rebel

Was having a rummage this morning after reading this thread and surprised myself at how much stuff I have

Darren Beckford's home top signed (no idea how I've got that?)

Willie Bauld and John Robertsons testimonial programmes framed together.

Robbo's club tie around 1990?? signed.

Various programmes from early 70's to present day (guessing at over 700!!)

every copy (bound) of the old Jambo Magazine

Every copy of the old Planet Hearts Paper

various ATB and NIT fanzines

Books, videos, newspaper cuttings, badges, scarfs Hearts tops......

Christ I thought I had hardly anything as well!!!

Tynecastle street sign (don't ask how I got it but you need a head for heights), Signed cup winners '98 jersey, signed craig gordon gloves, 4 convictions for drunk and uncatchable, does that count

Definitely runs London Hearts a close second , with that in the collection. laugh.gifthumbsup.giflaugh.gif

badly drawn boy

Oh where to begin in answering that question.

Suffice it to say I've got a few bits and pieces.

Programmes from 1889 onwards including a full set of Hearts first team homes from the War onwards. Only missing a few reserves and a handful of aways.

Hundreds of tickets from 1924 onwards and season ticket books back to 1915

Shirts including Jim Cruickshank's 1976 Cup Final shirt, Phil Stamp's shirt worn in Bordeaux and many many others

Dave Mackay's 1959 League Cup Winners Medal

David Baird medal from 1901

James Whitson's medal from the 1878 EFA Cup v Hibs

George Robertson's magic lantern slides of early Hearts teams and other images

Two Scotland caps v England and Ireland awarded either to Bobby Walker or Charlie Thomson

Hundreds of memorabilia items including an illuminated address to the club secretary c.1920, Programme for 50th anniversary celebration in 1924, Tour itineraries, postcards, cigarette and trade cards, pennants, letters, cards, badges etc etc etc

On the subject of the museum, whilst it is obviously an excellent idea, I dont think it is high on Hearts' list of priorities right now. There may be some news of a memorabilia/history-related project early in the New Year. Cant say any more at present.

GC