Hats off to Csaba

wibble

Shabba should be congratulated for the work he's done so far. Many of the more intelligent posters have said that this season was a work in progress and Shabba has shown more than a bit of progress.

Starting with an absolute rabble devoid of team spirit and with a shocking home record Shabba has turned a number of things around.

People criticised the 4-5-1 era, but I think what he was doing was teaching the team to work together defensively and assessing his defensive options.

Since becoming happy defensively he has moved on now to becoming more attack minded.

The team spirit is such that we can now come back from a goal down - an impossibility last year.

Lots more work to do, but the direction is right and the rate of progress is as good as can be expected.

Well done Shabba and also to Vlad for giving him room to do his thing.

Well done also to the squad for putting a lot of baggage behind them.

A definite thumbs up from me. Well done the gaffer.

There are, of course some who are unable to doff their hats, having kicked them already.

I wonder how long before one of them posts here.

I'd like to echo the sentiments of this thread and congratulate Csaba on the admirable work he has done so far. I get the feeling he is a man who does not shirk a challenge, and his next will be choosing players to improve on the good ground work that has been put in, most probably within a tight budget. I for one i'm looking forward to the next stage of the rebuilding process...

Jam Tarts 1874

There are, of course some who are unable to doff their hats, having kicked them already.

Yes exactly. Where are all the usual Csaba/Romanov GTF merchants? Probably all too busy celebrating hibs' win yesterday.

It has been difficult for Csaba because we have been missing our best attacking players for the early part of the season.

Driver and Nade missed a lot of games. Tullberg and Obua have hardly had a kick at the ball and we have had to do without Kingston for a while. It is a lot to miss out on.

We are playing as a team and if we can get all our players match fit we should walk it to third place as we have better players than the rest.

Yip got to agree . Think we have defiantly turned the corner, From a team that just didn't seem interested to a team that is willing to fight .

Now I'm not dreading the rankgers game . We now know the boys will fight for everything and give rankgers a game .

Well done Shabba and the boys .

Yip got to agree . Think we have defiantly turned the corner, From a team that just didn't seem interested to a team that is willing to fight .

Now I'm not dreading the rankgers game . We now know the boys will fight for everything and give rankgers a game .

I don't think that it was the case that the players were not interested but more that they did not know what they were supposed to be doing.

That is the different now, they are being coached properly and know their roles in the team. Where they are supposed to play and what they are supposed to do.

john brownlee

totally agree with all above posts

and I enjoyed the game against good honest scottish laddies that play a good clean game. It was also good to come away from a game without the niggling tought in my head that the gfa contrived to mess up the game

Big result yesterday IMO.

The previous three wins were less impressive due to the fact we had beaten them in the first phase of games and were placed eighth. To turn that around, we need to continue to beat these teams and add to it, Falkirk beat us first time and we have turned that around. More results like that (and I read that Hearts played better also) and we could make a fight of the European spots.

Progress, slight but progress all the same.

Shaba has also got the best out of the players too. He didnt have much time at the start of his reign to bring in players of his own which in a way was a good thing so he could see what he has in the team at the moment and like i said he's getting the best out of them. I'm confident when the window opens he will bring in some good players, not just good players but team players. With his good philosophy on football the players he brings in will certainly be of great benefit to the team. Onwards and upwards for sure :)

Agree with the work in progress comments and will be delighted if we claim a Uefa/Europa spot come may.

I also enjoy watching Hearts again even if we are hardly free scoring at the moment.

Busy looking for wherever the hell I kicked my hat to, cos it's time to doff it to Shabba.

well I'll be the first to burst the bubble....

I'll acknowledge that the team has managed to turn results around, and now play with more cohesion and passion. I'll also concede that at times we can play pretty impressive football..... but...

We are only just managing to beat teams by the 1 goal, and usually it's a backs to the wall at the alamo situation for the last 10-15 minutes for every game

We are still conceding sloppy goals that put us in trouble at the start of games

We have several players who just cannot pass the ball, or cross the ball

Our 4-5-1 formation, albeit has got us into 3rd, is never going to take the game to the opposition, and put them under the cosh

We have improved, but still a long way to go before I'm impressed and totally happy..... not being negative here, just constructive criticism / thoughts

It is still a work in progress and will continue to be as long as Csaba is here and that's what i like about him he does not want the players to rest on there laurels he wants them to keep striving for more all the time.

Shabba should be congratulated for the work he's done so far. Many of the more intelligent posters have said that this season was a work in progress and Shabba has shown more than a bit of progress.

Many of the "more intelligent posters" said exactly the same about last season. And the one before that. But we know damn fine that far from being a work in progress, they were more a case of a demented child throwing paint at a blank canvas.

I think we should just be grateful that the team and manager/committee have shown the spirit required to get through this spell of easier fixtures with maximum points - we've achieved five more than I thought we would - and that things appear to have settled down in terms of interference and consistency of selection. There are tougher times ahead for both the players and the management, and the time to judge progress will, in my view, be once the second round of fixtures is complete.

Yes - congratulations to Csaba.

Gives us some breathing space and a cushion for next week's game, win or lose.

We definitely need some changes in personnel, such as an accomplished finisher to partner Nade, and a decent centre-half to replace Zaliukas, but things are definitely improving.

Still waiting to see Hand Of Gord on here to praise the team. Only recall seeing negative posts after defeats from him... :whistling:

I'll acknowledge that the team has managed to turn results around, and now play with more cohesion and passion. I'll also concede that at times we can play pretty impressive football..... but...

We are only just managing to beat teams by the 1 goal, and usually it's a backs to the wall at the alamo situation for the last 10-15 minutes for every game

We are still conceding sloppy goals that put us in trouble at the start of games

Our 4-5-1 formation, albeit has got us into 3rd, is never going to take the game to the opposition, and put them under the cosh

We have improved, but still a long way to go before I'm impressed and totally happy..... not being negative here, just constructive criticism / thoughts

I don't think the OP would disagree with you.

All he was saying was that progress had been made and Csaba should take credit for that. He never claimed we were the finished article.

Yes exactly. Where are all the usual Csaba/Romanov GTF merchants? Probably all too busy celebrating hibs' win yesterday.

When we next lose they will be back, I'm sure.

Nelly Terraces

WELL DONE SHABBA:). Like MJ has said, he's instilled a work ethic into the side and is making us difficult team to play against. His commitment to the job is unquestionable, and he has turned a shower of total losers into a proper footballing side. I thought his comments after the game were top stuff - a very honest assessment, espesh saying we were guff in the 1st half:

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo:

"If we stay in third place at the end of the season, I will be happy, but I am not satisfied.

"The positives was the second half, but the first was a catastrophe and we talked about that in the dressing-room.

"I must compliment our opponents as they did not sit back in the second half and try to play on the counter attack and, if we can continue that, we can develop Scottish football.

"The two goals were reward for the work we have done with Bruno and Driver on the training field."

Mon the Shabbster.

Chad Sexington
Yes - congratulations to Csaba.

Gives us some breathing space and a cushion for next week's game, win or lose.

We definitely need some changes in personnel, such as an accomplished finisher to partner Nade, and a decent centre-half to replace Zaliukas, but things are definitely improving.

Still waiting to see Hand Of Gord on here to praise the team. Only recall seeing negative posts after defeats from him... :whistling:

He hasn't posted since the 2nd of November. Funnily enough, his quiet spell has coincided with our most successful period of the season so far.

According to his stats he was logged on yesterday as well.

Isn't that odd?

:rolleyes:

The ONLY highlight of last season for me was when we pumped the Orcs 4-2 at Tynie - same again please boys!

Isten Hozta Csaba!

Thig Ar Latha

As the OP said, it very much work in progress, and only the start. As far as 4-5-1 goes, that system can work big time if you have the right balance in midfield. Nobody complained when we beat Hibs 4-1 a couple of years ago using that system which was particularly well suited to Paul Hartley's style of play. It can definately pay dividends with the right personnel, though it should maybe be kept for certain matches.

The Real Maroonblood

Well done Casba.

I am just waiting for Romanov to press the self-destruct button which he is very good at.

Toxteth O'Grady

I'm pleased with the progress and improved team spirit under Shabba bearing in mind we were a shambles when he arrived.

He has been responsible in getting a better performance out of some of our under achievers like Nade, and Wallace has improved under his more consistent selection policy.

We are beating the crap teams in the league but so far haven't beaten any half decent teams (hopefully next Saturday).

His signings have been flops due to injuries so I'm not convinced by that part of his management. The 1 up front tactic hasn't always been a joy to watch:rolleyes: and playing players out of position (e.g Karipidis) may take time to work or may not work at all.

7/10 so far and with time I think he can improve things more.

Francis Albert

The first reasonable time to make even a provisional judgement of Csaba will be around the turn of the year, after we have completed two rounds, home and away, against the rest.

Like I say to everyone I speak to about Csaba. He needs time and it won't be until next season until we see a more Csaba looking team with more of his own players.

Until then he has got us doing things that we have badly missed. Discipline, organisation, structure etc.

He has got us hard to beat and in my opinion at the moment it is more important to be better definsively than better going forward. We should just build from the back.

Yes performances will be poor but if Csaba is given time then the performances will come as the more time he has to put his own stamp on his team. Get his ideas across and slowly shaping the team the way he wants. With players he doesn't want going out and players he wants come in.

Onwards and upwards.

Winning 4 games on the bounce is quite an achievement and Csaba deserves credit for that.

Just Csaba and not the committee, the committee who you are asking on another thread if they have realised that Audrey is no good?

I thought by going by your thinking on this thread that you would have asked on the other one if Csaba has realsied that Audrey is no good?:rolleyes:

Considering we are 3rd by 3 points and ahead of 5th and 6th by 7 points, he has done an extremley good job with the same team (with the exception of our 2 goalkeepers and obua [and tullbergs 60 minutes]) that finished 8th last season, he is doing an excelent job.

The last 4 games we could have easily dropped points in all the games but we have shown good spirit that has kept us ahead.

Lets keep this up and try and stay in the top 4 for the rest of the season.

Well done Csaba.

'More attack minded'?

Is he still not playing 4 - 5 - 1?

If played properly, 4-5-1 can be attack minded.

Bascially Karapidis sits, and you have 4 midfielders bursting forward to support. Driver, Bruno and Miko in particular will all thrive in this formation once they get used to IMHO.

I'm impressed with Csaba so far. Finishing anywhere in the top 6 is progress and I'd be happy with that come the split in April.

What is most encouraging is that he seems to be able to get the best out of players. Wallace and Nade have improved massively. Driver looks more confident. Jonsson has shown he is a gifted defender. Bruno seems to enjoy the more advanced role and creative responsibility.

We are scraping results but , good teams scrape results when there not playing well ! and 4-5-1 seems to be working although i would like to see 4-4-2 at home but whats the point in changing the system when its working ;)

Well Done Csaba !

Four on the bounce is a real success when you consider the players that are missing. Gives us real hope for better days when the full squad is fit and suspension-free. Still need a goalscorer though and I would be happier with Jamie McDonald in goals.

Well done Csaba for giving the team some spirit and cohesion.

Yes I agree - after 4 months he has class - and come January we will see some of his own choice players arrive -and some of his own choices depart.

Guest Fabuloso

Yep that's me.....however, under the circumstances, Csaba and the team have have had a great run over the past 3 weeks or so. Credit to them.

Drylaw Hearts
Just Csaba and not the committee, the committee who you are asking on another thread if they have realised that Audrey is no good?

I thought by going by your thinking on this thread that you would have asked on the other one if Csaba has realsied that Audrey is no good?:rolleyes:

The OP did not mention The Committee.

He was offering his congratulations to Csaba and I joined in.

Damned if you do - Damned if you don't.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes I agree - after 4 months he has class - and come January we will see some of his own choice players arrive -and some of his own choices depart.

This will be a big acid test for Csaba.

I'm hoping he realises that there are at least 6 players who could leave tomorrow and they would not be missed.

Any January signings (if he gets any of course) will have to be better than the first 5 signings under his Manager riegn.

Archived