Craig Beattie

skinboy

Worth taking a chance to do a job for us in the SPL ?

"West Brom boss Tony Mowbray has been told he will have to sell before he can buy in the winter window, with Luke Moore and Craig Beattie likely to be shown the door. "

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Would take him alright.

He was always a nightmare against us and in the past would have been a player we would have tried to get as his bustling style would have been suitable alongside a Robbo type.

But in the weird world of Vlad such players are not on the agenda.

Would take him alright.

He was always a nightmare against us and in the past would have been a player we would have tried to get as his bustling style would have been suitable alongside a Robbo type.

But in the weird world of Vlad such players are not on the agenda.

Exactly , if your not on the list , your not getting in.

Glamorgan Jambo

I saw him last week at the cardiff - Palace game. Hooked after 1 hour making no impact. He constantly wandered off the front line and even Gavin (the tortoise) Rae seemed to be able to beat him for pace.

He's probably going to get an offer from Palace and would be fairly pricey so I would say no thanks.

I saw him last week at the cardiff - Palace game. Hooked after 1 hour making no impact. He constantly wandered off the front line and even Gavin (the tortoise) Rae seemed to be able to beat him for pace.

He's probably going to get an offer from Palace and would be fairly pricey so I would say no thanks.

He probably is on the hit list then:)

Anyone know what his fitness record has been like since he's been down south ?

Horrific, so we'll probably make an offer.

West Brom paid ?800,000 for him from septic. Now he's playing in the premiership he'll be worth ?2m plus. Not for us I think,

What a terrible post, where do you get the "going to get an offer from Palace" from?

With everything considered would be a good signing.

Three months ago I might have been tempted to take a chance on Beattie but not now because of

a) the credit crunch

B) Nade's improved form

c) Tullberg's return. I assume he is actually a decent player.

d) we can't sign him anyway before January.

Glamorgan Jambo
What a terrible post, where do you get the "going to get an offer from Palace" from?

With everything considered would be a good signing.

Thanks for your considered and well thought out contribution.

I said he's probably going to get an offer from Palace. My source was the 2 Palace supporting friends I was at the game with. I'm not going to act all superior by saying how they know but I think its got a good chance of happening in January. He's started almost every game for Palace since getting shipped out of WBA on loan.

He was awful vs Cardiff (confirmed by another poster) and is IMO an impact player that does his best work coming on as a sub and running at a tiring defence. Given the wages he will be on and the fact that a fee will be required (less than the reported ?800K WBA gave Selleck) then IMO he's not the player for us.

Someone who would be a good player for us is a guy called Sean Scammell of Crystal Palace (17 yo striker with lots of pace and an eye for goal) but again it won't happen... not even on loan... as our clubs scouting system won't even have picked up on him.

Someone who would be a good player for us is a guy called Sean Scammell of Crystal Palace (17 yo striker with lots of pace and an eye for goal) but again it won't happen... not even on loan... as our clubs scouting system won't even have picked up on him.

Scannell? He's in the full Ireland squad a regular for Palace and Man Utd were reportedly interested in him, there isn't hope in hell we could afford him nevermind be willing to come here.

Charlie-Brown

Graeme Dorrans would be a more likely target than Beattie IF we were trying to sign any West Brom player in my opinion.

Exactly , if your not on the list , your not getting in.

Beattie is out on loan just now playing with Palace but....

If we do not sign Beattie it is all Vlad's fault. :bored:

He's Played For Celtic Therefore I Wouldn't Like Him At Heart Of Midlothian Football Club.

Shows What A Fud You Are Then.

And Btw, He Supported Rangers As A Boy And Is A Protestant. Not That It Matters To 99% Of Us.

Steve Fulton, Niemi, John Colquhoun, all OF rejects. All did an excellent job for HMFC

Bobby Prentice,Sandy Jardine,Dave McPherson,Roddy McDonald ,Brian Whittaker all did too

I presume you mean Scannell? Scored his first career goal against my team and looked a real prospect. Good player but about 10 times out of our price range.

"West Brom boss Tony Mowbray has been told he will have to sell before he can buy in the winter window, with Luke Moore and Craig Beattie likely to be shown the door. "

Again no chance we could afford him.

Why would we want a team bottom of the EPL by far reject?

Beattie is not a bad player, but massively overrated for the money he would cost and want.

Huckerby back from america anyone ;)

Why would we want a team bottom of the EPL by far reject?

Beattie is not a bad player, but massively overrated for the money he would cost and want.

Huckerby back from america anyone ;)

6 points off 11th, it's hardly "by far".

Bobby Prentice,Sandy Jardine,Dave McPherson,Roddy McDonald ,Brian Whittaker all did too

can I add Steven Pressley?

Glamorgan Jambo
Scannell? He's in the full Ireland squad a regular for Palace and Man Utd were reportedly interested in him, there isn't hope in hell we could afford him nevermind be willing to come here.

I presume you mean Scannell? Scored his first career goal against my team and looked a real prospect. Good player but about 10 times out of our price range.

Again no chance we could afford him.

Oh well so much for my scouting of relatively unknown talent.

Still a thousand times better prospect than Beattie will ever be.

He's Played For Celtic Therefore I Wouldn't Like Him At Heart Of Midlothian Football Club.

GTF :vangry:

Steve Fulton & John Colquhoun both came from septic i certainly didn't have a problem cheering them on when they were scoring or in Fultons case lifting the scottish cup in 1998 for us :fing10:

would have fancied us signing Beattie before but in the current financial climate i dont think he'd represent decent value, we already have a striker on loan who's been out plus another few out injured without buying another injury prone striker to add to that list.

Captain Lithuania
Scottish striker , with spl experience - surely we must seriously look at him...

Scottish striker, SPL exprerience - no chance.

portobellojambo1

I am sure, well as sure as I can be, that someone posted something yesterday afternoon/evening that they had heard that Kingston was going to WBA in January, with a centre forward coming our way as part of the deal. Think I would prefer to get Bednar back (although in saying that I do not think Kingston is WBA bound).

Archived