Discipline

David Brent

I've noticed in recent games that the players have shown a lot of discipline (some might say respect) towards the officials. Decisions appear to be accepted without question, tempers are restrained, comments and gestures are witheld. If a player is hacked in the manner that Nade was today, the team may gather around to support him, but it's done in a calm, coolheaded, even professional manner.

I noticed that the referee today gave us quite a few decisions that usually go against us. He did revert to type at the beginning of the second half by showing Lee Wallace a yellow card for a very insignificant challenge.

But does anyone think that perhaps the officials have recognised that our players are more disciplined and have decided to cut us some slack?

Quid pro quo perhaps?

I've noticed in recent games that the players have shown a lot of discipline (some might say respect) towards the officials. Decisions appear to be accepted without question, tempers are restrained, comments and gestures are witheld. If a player is hacked in the manner that Nade was today, the team may gather around to support him, but it's done in a calm, coolheaded, even professional manner.

I noticed that the referee today gave us quite a few decisions that usually go against us. He did revert to type at the beginning of the second half by showing Lee Wallace a yellow card for a very insignificant challenge.

But does anyone think that perhaps the officials have recognised that our players are more disciplined and have decided to cut us some slack?

Quid pro quo perhaps?

I may have an answer to that question at 2.15pm next saturday:)

Quid pro quo perhaps?

spot on. the spot could not be any closer to the spot on which it should be on.

long may it continue.

aguiar has the odd moan..... stewart will be a different prospect.

spot on. the spot could not be any closer to the spot on which it should be on.

long may it continue.

aguiar has the odd moan..... stewart will be a different prospect.

The biggest discipline problem imo

Chad Sexington

Apparently Csaba has been training the players to accept dodgy refereeing decisions by throwing different scenarios at them during bounce games.

Maybe we're seeing the benefits of that.

Apparently Csaba has been training the players to accept dodgy refereeing decisions by throwing different scenarios at them during bounce games.

Maybe we're seeing the benefits of that.

It looks that way to me Chad. There's no outrage or 'spitting the dummie'. It's as if the players are being trained to look away. It reminds me a bit of Brian Clough - he wouldn't condone his players saying anything at all to the officials. That's why he despised Leeds Utd. :)

Miller Jambo 60
It looks that way to me Chad. There's no outrage or 'spitting the dummie'. It's as if the players are being trained to look away. It reminds me a bit of Brian Clough - he wouldn't condone his players saying anything at all to the officials. That's why he despised Leeds Utd. :)

Lucky the Dougstar was dropped, could not cope with the refs now.

• 2 weeks later...

Was the SFA decision regarding Csaba's appeal influenced by the attitude of our players to the officials in recent games?

I think that the discipline problem has been something which needed to be sorted out a long time ago.

Good to see that there are positive signs on this now. The return of some of our experienced players has helped I think. And Laszlo mentioned at the Trust meeting that he has been working on discipline with the squad.

Treat the refs with more respect and we would get the benefit of the doubt more often. Simple but sensible.

Apparently we are now due to pay the ?10k fine to the SFA that was held in abeyance last season, because of our disciplinary record this season.

We are still picking up to many silly bookings and daft sendings off. Wallace on Saturday was typical of some of what happenned last season.

Apparently we are now due to pay the ?10k fine to the SFA that was held in abeyance last season, because of our disciplinary record this season.

We are still picking up to many silly bookings and daft sendings off. Wallace on Saturday was typical of some of what happenned last season.

2 tackles, both could have been avoided, but that wasn't our big problem. Jonsson similar at Dundee United this year. Tackles are part of the game.

I got so tired of seeing players booked and sent off for taking shirts off, kicking the ball away, running off the pitch after a goal, arguing with the ref, and even for arguing with their own fans. Will be great if Laszlo can stop that nonsense.

Archived