PLAYER RATINGS TODAY.

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Balogh 6 - Had nothing to do.

Robbie 7 - Not his biggest fan but clearly inspires those around him.

Wallace 6 - great first half, ref spoiled his 2nd by giving booking for nout/

Berra 8 - immense mom again

Zal - 3 Bombscare

Karapidis - 5 what is the point of him?

Ruben - 6 Did ok.

Aguiar 7 - Behind every good we do, great goal.

Driver 8 - great game and wonder goal.

Jonsson - 4 out of position, give Templeton a chance.

Nada- 7 Never stopped again, getting better needs a striker beside him.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

Zal - 3 Bombscare

Ruben - 6 Did ok.

templetons not a winger either!

zal - bombscare...what game were u watching?

Balogh- 2 P1SH gets caught in no mans land every cross!

neilson- 6 never put a foot wrong

berra - 8 outstanding

zal - 8 worked well with berra again

wallace- 8 fantastic game

ruben - 7 done his job

karipidis - 6 looked like a lost puppy

driver- 8 gave right and left back a hard time, great goal

aguiar - 7 some tidy touches and passes. some freekick

jonsson- 6 not his position..get kari to feck!

nade- ran his socks off! looked skinny aswell

Balogh - 4 -Idiocy for the goal, got no where near a cross, bring back Banksy.

Wallace - 6 - Very bright start, faded as the game went on.

Berra - 8 - MotM. Head and shoulders above every one else.

Zali - 6 - Solid enough but your not good enough to pass your way out of trouble, cut it out.

Robbie - 5 - Sold defensively, still can't pass water, still can't find a man with a throw.

Driver - 7 - Superb goal. Final ball is woeful at times, really needs to work on this.

Karipidis - 7 - Did everything he needed to well. Some dangerous free kicks in to the box from range.

Ruben - 5 - Plays the exact same role as Karipidis and was a complete waste of a jersey.

Eggy - 5 - Tried, worked hard, not a right mid.

Bruno - 7 - Too many flicks and little touches that there's no need for. Lost possesion far too many times, needs to keep it simple. Wonderful free kick.

Nade - 6 - Worked hard, done his best but never really got in to the game at times.

Obua - 5 - Rabbit in the headlights, not suited to the SPL yet, or never will be.

loveofthegame

Balogh-5- Very little to do and still scared ****e out of me on a number of occasions coming for crosses. Not to be blamed for the goal but maybe too quick to burst out his box and made it easy for Lovell.

Neilson-6- Steady. Decent passes down the line but couldn't cross his t's.

Zali-5- Does 90% of his stuff very well but makes silly COSTLY errors every single week. Not good enough.

Berra-9- Outstanding. MOTM by a mile. Will go on to better things imo.

Wallace-7-Linked up well with Driver. Looks a lot more confident. Very unfortunate to get booked.

Eggert-6- Maaa. Not a right mid. Not good but not bad.

Karipidis-6- Improved 2nd half, did a job.

Ruben-7-Kept possession well without doing anything spectacular. A good squad player.

Driver-8- Class at times, when he plays well we look like a different team. And what a goal! Crossing could be better but at least he likes to take on a man.

Aguiar-7 1/2- Brilliant at times, pish poor at others. Great free kick (although thought goalie maybe could have done better). Tries too much at times, or attempts the clever flick when a simple control and pass would be better. Still delighted hes back, best centre mid at the club.

Nade-7- Won a lot of headers and not his fault theres noone playing off him to run onto them. Still too lazy for me at times and doesn't put enough in too get himself into the box, making Drivers job difficult at times. Much improved though.

portobellojambo1

Balogh - 6 (one or two seemed to think he was at fault for their goal, I thought the blame lay with no. 26)

Neilson - 6 Nothing spectacular, nothing drastic, however hasn't got a clue how to cross a ball (but he ain't alone in that)

Berra - 8.5 Super performance

Zaliukas - 5 First half he was absolute minging, bit better second half but still the weak link in the defence.

Wallace - 7 Thought he did well today.

Jonsson - 4 He just didn't seem to get into the game at all

Aguiar - 8 Good display

Karipidis - 7 Solid, broke up a lot of possession in midfield

Palazuelos - 7 Combined very well particularly with Aguiar and the full backs. Opened up play constantly with the square passes no one likes.

Driver - 6.5 I thought he offered very little until he scored, after that he was a different player altogether

Nade - 7 Played well, but could do with some help up front.

Obua - 1 Mince.

balogh 6

neilson 7

zal 6

berra 8

wallace 7

jonsson 6

karipidis 6

bruno 8

palazuelos 7

driver 8

nade 8

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Balogh - 5 still not convinced but I dont blame him for the goal. Kicking far better

Neilson - 6 love him or loathe him, he has brought a bit of steel back to a creaking defence

Zaliukas - 4 Caught out at the goal, passes the ball across the line, what more can you say? Please bin this dud in January.

Berra - 8 solid as a rock, got forward and with all this has to watch out for Bombscare Zal

Wallace - 7 Really coming on to a game. Looking more assured each week

Jonsson - 4 Strangely out of touch, not his best position could explain it

Aguiar - 8 effort and commitment and skill but apart from the goal, dead ball stuff was poor

Karipidis - 6 does what he is asked to do without fuss

Palazuelos - 6 looked a lot better but two defensive midfielders is a problem

Driver - 7 great goal, tried hard and is looking like his old self

Nade - 7 left as a target man today, so was not a busy as last few games but still looks like our only realistic goal threat

Obua - 4 a nagging suspicion that this guy is the Ugandan Audrey.

Balogh - 6 - OK, but his communication with the defence leaves plenty to be desired. Not sure I wouldn't attach blame to him for their goal.

Neilson - 7 - The best thing that ever happened to him was, ironically, a painful long-term injury. Now everyone (including me) appreciates the qualities he brings to the team.

Zaliukas - 6 - Casual at times, immense at others, costs us too much too often. Another day at the office.

Berra - 9 - Another day at the office. Awesome.

Wallace - 7 - Confidence has returned and looks a seriously good player again.

Jonsson - 6 - Got stuck in and involved himself.

Palazuelos - 7 - The best performance I've seen from him in a year. Far from flawless, but contributed more than usual.

Karapidis - 5 - I think we're playing with enough confidence now to bring Jonsson into the centre and say "thanks for the effort" to Christos. Time to progress the midfield.

Aguiar - 8 - Sublime free-kick and creative vision. Only downside were some truly awful set-piece deliveries (seems a bit harsh given he postage-stamped a 25 yard free kick, but hey!)

Driver - 9 - MOTM - World class goal, destroyed his full back and made it all happen for us. No Driver today, no win.

Nade - 7 - I don't care what anyone says, this guy is dynamite.

Subs:

Obua - 4 - What to say about a man who literally goes from outstanding player to drunk student in the Meadows within 30 seconds? Even just for curiosity's sake, we need to see more.

Makela - n/a - Just brought on to rile me.

Balogh - 6 First goal he's conceded. Don't think anyone was to blame as it was very opportunistic and entirely within Falkirk's game plan. Kicking was better today, but very predictable in that he always kicks to Nade.

Wallace - 8 Outstanding game, did nothing wrong, made some great runs and took on defenders, should have had a goal early in the game.

Neilson - 6 Defended well, but most of Falkirk's efforts were directed at our right or hoofed over the midfield. Played better in the second half and put in a lot of crosses that weren't entirely successful.

Zaliukas - 6 Defended well. A lot of Falkirk's balls were hit over the midfield and Zal won most of them.

Berra - 8 Stopped Falkirk playing their game with superb defending. Got forward a few times as well and kept our defence higher up the pitch.

Karapidis - 7 Broke up any midfield posession and forced Falkirk to play the ball over the top.

Palazuelos - 6 Anonymous for first twenty minutes which meant that Nade had to do his job in midfield. However, came into the game and gave a much better performance than against Hamilton. He is far too defensive, if he had broke forward more when we had the ball out wide he could have been in position in the box to receive crosses/passes. That could have drawn off defenders and would at least have taken pressure off Nade/Aguiar.

Jonsson - 4 Not a good game. We looked exposed down the right when he was on.

Driver - 8 I do believe that he has scored the best goal of the millenium. He looked full of confidence today. Linked up well with full backs and midfielders. He brought stability to our right when he switched sides and effectively snuffed out the Falkirk threat down that side.

Aguiar - 8 Great skill and ball control, always looking for the right pass and supported every good play from the middle of the pitch. Excellent goal from the free kick.

Nade - 8 Played the first 20 minutes breaking up play and controlling the game from the midfield until Ruben switched himself on. He might not be scoring a lot of goals yet but is a great team player. He\draws off so many defenders and just needs more support when he is surrounded by 3 or more opponents.

Csaba - 10/10 for the past 4 games. Tactically spot on and seems to be getting the best out of individuals as well as the team as a whole.

Balogh - 4. As someone else said, bring back Banksy

Robbie - 6. Solid, nothing special

Berra - 8.5. Another great performance, won every header

Zaliukas - 5. Time to give someone else a chance

Wallace - same as Robbie

Eggy - 4. Poor game being played out of position

Karipidis - 6. Never did anything wrong again but no threat going forward.

Palazuelos - 6. Pretty much same as Kari

Driver - 8.5. MoM performance who seems to be getting better by the week, and still has a lot more to offer. Could be scary good.

Bruno - 7. Great free kick and put in a decent shift

Nade - 7. Great to see him chasing back when needed and a good shift. Looked like he tired towards the end so still more to come too hopefully.

Balogh - 6

Neilson - 7

Berra - 8

Zal - 5

Wallace - 6

Ruben - 6

Bruno - 8

Jonson - 7

Karipidis - 6

Driver - 9

Nade - 7

MackaysCentreSpot

I think that someone has to to devise a list of ratings for this type of thread and decide what ratings actually represent.

Because there is such a variation on here of what people think what a certain rating represents.

Just an idea so that we can get a fair reflection.

Balogh - 6 - could do nothing about the goal after terrible defending by Zaliukas. Other than that dealt with everything else competently.

Neilson - 5 - I just don't think he is any better than the lad Thomson. Neither of them is a real quality full-back but Thomson has youth on his side.

Wallace - 6 - had a really good first half but faded in the second. I have never been a big fan but I do feel he is developing into a decent full-back this season.

Berra - 9 - immense. Becoming a really, really good central defender. He never looks flustered, he doesn't make mistakes and he is willing to get forward if the opportunity presents itself.

Zaliukas - 5 - had two more bombscare moments. He just isn't good enough. Surely the likes of Rapnik or Karipidis offer something more than he does?

Karipidis - 6 - anonymous really. So much so that this mark has been edited in after I forgot to submit it originally! He is a better central defender than Zaliukas and is being ruined in this position.

Driver - 8 - a terrific game. Spoiled by the managers decision to move him in order to accomodate Obua; a terrible decision by the manager and one that could have cost us the points.

Jonsson - 6 - not a right-back, not a right midfielder...a competent central midfielder. When the likes of Kingston and Miko are not contributing (even when not injured) I think that Templeton should be given at least some game time.

Palazuelos - 7 - I like this guy. He always wants to make a pass, he always wants the ball and I think he could really become something special if he is given a real run of games.

Aguiar - 9 - tremendous today. A great goal, creative, hard working and always looking to make something happen even if things didn't always come off for him.

Nade - 8 - a different player in recent weeks. He is trouble with a capital "T" for opposition defences. The moment in the second half when he very nearly skinned two Falkirk defenders in the corner was a joy to watch.

Obua - 5 - I think he has some ability but he looks uncomfortable and lazy at times. I don't think he is going to get any better than what we have seen so far and I still don't know what his best position is.

Walter Bishop

berra - 8 outstanding

ruben - 7 done his job

Templeton can play right wing or "in the hole", Zaliukas cause d the goal (again) he got caught wrongside on halfway line and let Lovell get away from him!!!

Berra needs to take that boy higdon home and put him on the mantlepiece, he has him in his pocket every time they play...........

kari and palazuelos in the centre is a strange combination, neither of them get close enough to players although both do offer a little composure on the ball.

I think wallace played really well and I'm not his biggest fan, perhaps lost his way when the lad obua came on - not sure that he is the answer to anything, had opportunities with time and space but did very little.

Berra, Driver, Aguiar and Nade were different class for me today, Nade chasing everything down.

However some of our movement is not great, need other midfielders busting a gut to help out Nade - need to be first to 2nd balls and also need to attack the box much more from set pieces and wing play, all in all we deserved the victory and should have had more goals!

Miller Jambo 60

Zal - 3 Bombscare

Ruben - 6 Did ok.

ZAL in a winning team but you slag.

mmm:hobofish: sorry asked for that

Balogh - 4 Ridiculous for goal, no need to come that far out and made it easy for Lovell, crap myself every time a cross comes near him. Bring back Kello, MacDonald, Banks or Henry please

Nielson - 7 Nice and solid, kept on top of the Falkirk players and offered support further forward

Zali - 5/6 Needs to get his head in the game, theres a good defender in there but needs to concentrate 100% of the time otherwise you get the silly mistakes he makes

Berra - 9 MOTM Great defensive and leadership performance, at one point won a header against 4 Falkirk players to deny a very good chance for them

Wallace - 8 Poor start to the season but the past few weeks has been growing in stature and showing the performances we were expecting of him

Karipidis - 7 Did his job, I like him in there, if Berra or Zali get pulled out of position or push forward with the ball he can slot in to cover.

Ruben - 7 Hardly in it first half but came into a game second half, didn't miss Stewart

Jonsson - 5 Not his day today, right midfield not his position. No denying the commitment

Driver - 8.5 Seemed he beat his man whenever he wanted and by far goal of the season if not decade, pity about the crossing :)

Bruno - 8 Another great performance and superb free kick. Tries the spectacular a bit too often maybe with his flicks etc but at least he has the confidence/ability to try it so can't complain too much

Nade - 7 Great effort today working hard for the team but needs to get in the box more as Driver found himself in good positions to put a ball in but nobody was there

Obua - 5 Speaking to my brother at the game and he says he's a player for next season and he needs to get used to the Scottish game, I think there is a good player in there but he's hiding well

Csaba - 9 Four on the trot says it all, some of the football today in particular the first half was a joy to watch

I think that someone has to to devise a list of ratings for this type of thread and decide what ratings actually represent.

Because there is such a variation on here of what people think what a certain rating represents.

To be honest some fans could just about put down their ratings before the game ,their were a couple of useful performances from certain much maligned players, but it doesn't matter how these guys play ,they will still be hammered very often unjustified.

ToadKiller Dog

Balogh - 6 (thought our two CB at fault rather than him for the goal ,competent enough in goal

Neilson - 6 A real reliable robbie performance

Berra - 8 very good show

Zaliukas - 5 up and down to mistake prone .

Wallace - 7 after the shakey start to the season starting to shine.

Jonsson - 5 quiet game today

Aguiar - 8 making the team tick attack wise

Karipidis - 7 a more useful performance today.

Palazuelos - 7 .

Driver - 7 quality goal ,very good second half .

Nade - 7 Working very hard once more.

Obua - 4 not yet ready ,thought he did try.

berra - 8 outstanding

ruben - 7 done his job

Balogh - 2 frightens me to death - come back KELLO!

Robbie - 7 solid in defence, distribution not improved though.

Zal - 5 again, lapses in concentration, get rid of these and no' a bad defender in there!

Berra - 8 superb again, growing stronger and could be a "great" if we can keep him. MoM

Wallace - 7 looks to have confidence back, defending improving, great going forward.

Jonsson - 6 a bit disapponting today after recent heights, always gives his all.

Kari - 7 did well today, even his passing was okay, covering was excellent.

Pala -6 steady, always tries to find a man's feet, more grit and we have a player.

Driver-6 low rating only because of average first half, caught fire second,GREAT goal!

Bruno - 8 what a shift,what a goal!

Nade -8 another great shift, a real thorn for them, like a new signing, and getting better!

Balogh 6 Not a lot to do, i think he came of his line a bit too quick for the goal.

Neilson 6 Not bad but not good.

Berra 7 Motm, solid performance (made as many errors as Zal though)

Zaliukas 6 Caught out with goal (no-one again to sweep up behind him) but had a decent game tidying up in defence.

Wallace 7 More impressed with Wallace of late.

Karipidis 7 A good shift from him today.

Ruben 5 Hides far too often.

Jonsson 6 Good enough

Bruno 6 Great free kick, but please cut out the needless wee flicks until we are 4-0 up.

Driver 7 Great goal

Nade 7 Run himself into the ground.

Obua 5 Alright from him today but needs to get upto speed with our game and toughen himself up.

Libertonian_II

Balogh 6 Dont think he's quite in tune with those in front of him, but not at fault for goal

Neilson 6 Still can't pass a ball to save himself but solid nonetheless

Zaliukas 5 he has his moments, good and bad

Berra 7 Way better 2nd half but not awfy good in first

Wallace7 More confident performance

Jonsson 4 Contributed zilch. Not wide right material

Driver 8 excellent goal but higher mark due if final ball into box was better

Palazuleos 5 Pretty anonymous for most of the match

Karapedis 4 Even more anonymous

Aguair 7 Excellent goal but subsequent free kicks etc dire. Still class tho'

Nade 6 worked hard for the scraps that our midfield threw him. Did well in air

Obua 4 added a bit more zip when he came on

Walter Bishop
ZAL in a winning team but you slag.

mmm:hobofish: sorry asked for that

Go to the games, you may find you will agree.

Balogh - 6 - needs to work on coming from crosses. Pity we can't clone that from Kello. Good in all other aspects.

Neilson - 7 - gave him a hard time. How good it is to have someone who puts 150%. Helps to instill some passion.

Zal - 6 - was our best player at the beginning of the season. Second half good. Could be a good player under Csaba.

Berra - 8 - great!

Wallace 8 - for someone who admitted a few weeks ago had lost his confidence. Keep it up!

Jonsson - 6 - OK, should be in Karipidis's position.

Karipidis - 5 - has been very good and has disappearewd in matches. Comes out when it's back to the wall stuff - as you'd expect from a defender.

Ruben - 7 - started to get into his stride. Always looks for the second ball but others are not always on the ball! Is better than he looks.

Bruno - 8 - great goal. Was this talent there before!?

Driver - 8 - peach of a goal. Still needs to practise the final ball.

Nade - 8 - what a change. Has such ability. We need a fit Tullberg to latch on to the chances.

Obua - 6 - has talent. Will get acclimatised and lower his abilities for the SPL IMHO.

The Old Tolbooth

Balogh- 3 Very worried about this keeper, he seems to come for balls and get nowehere near them, and then not come for balls he should be coming for, very poor today.

neilson- 7 Thought he was solid today and out in a great shift

berra - 9 My man of the match, thought he was immense today.

zal - 5 Terrible first half but credit for regaining his composure in the 2nd half.

wallace- 7 Moved up and down the wing pretty well in the first half and put in a good shift.

ruben - 6 Didn't really notice him much today to be honest, which is probably a good thing as it means I wasn't shouting at him for making mistakes.

karipidis - 5 Not one of his better games

driver- 8 Ran their defence ragged for most of the game, fantastic goal.

aguiar - 6 Superb strike for the free kick which he scored, and worked like a trojan, but he needs to practise his crossing as it was woeful at times.

jonsson- 5 Not one of his better games, gave the ball away too much.

nade- 7 Put in a big shift today and was always in the Falkirk players faces, another decent performance from the big guy.

balogh 6 very little to do

neilson 6 positional awareness and knowledge of the position will always be better then eggert jonsson

wallace 7 another excellent game, harshly booked.

berra 9 nothing got past him

zaliukas 6 not bad at all apart from a couple of typical zali moments

driver 9 sublime. getting better and better.

jonsson 6 still doing a good job in positions which are not natural to him

aguiar 8 another energy packed performance

karipidis 6 does what he is asked to do..... well.

nade 7 still working hard enough.

portobellojambo1

I posted my method of points scoring in the first such "Player Ratings" thread at the start of the season. I now vote on a 5 points per half basis.

I think that is how my score for Driver is lower than most others, and my opinion of his display different from most others. I actually thought he did, and produced, very little in the first half, but played really well second half after scoring, and scored him accordingly.

It saves crazy situations where you are voting for a MOTM, in a game lasting 90 minutes, and someone who comes on for about 15-20 minutes ends up winning, which in my eyes is quite simply fecking ridiculous.

I can see why some have slated Obua but I thought once he settled a bit, he had some nice touches and did not too bad. Will prob take him a while to get aclimatised to Scotland/SPL but I reckon he'll do OK for us. just give him time.

I can only assume people's marks for Aguiar are slightly clouded by the wonderful free-kick?!

For the majority of the 2nd half he was annoying the heck out of me with all the silly little flicks instead of the easy ball. He lost the ball on countless occassions yet as usual it's only Zal getting stick for trying to pass his way out of trouble.

Bruno is a cracking player and I'm glad he's back but he needs to get back to basics.

Thought Karipidis was doing bugger all good until my dad pointed out he was playing no bad, since I disagreed at the time (about 30 to go) I started to pay attention to him more and I have to say I was proved wrong. Great at breaking up possession, cool with the ball at his feet and just really did the job that was asked of him.

Why is he 'out of position;? Does a player need to be labelled a certain position for the rest of his life?

Karipidis - playing very well at his other position of defensive midfielder.

Libertonian_II
Thought Karipidis was doing bugger all good until my dad pointed out he was playing no bad, since I disagreed at the time (about 30 to go) I started to pay attention to him more and I have to say I was proved wrong. Great at breaking up possession, cool with the ball at his feet and just really did the job that was asked of him.

Why is he 'out of position;? Does a player need to be labelled a certain position for the rest of his life?

Karipidis - playing very well at his other position of defensive midfielder.

From 30 to go the confidence factor kicked in. Most played better from there on in. You were right about Karipedis doing bugger all before that

Libertonian_II
I can only assume people's marks for Aguiar are slightly clouded by the wonderful free-kick?!

For the majority of the 2nd half he was annoying the heck out of me with all the silly little flicks instead of the easy ball. He lost the ball on countless occassions yet as usual it's only Zal getting stick for trying to pass his way out of trouble.

Bruno is a cracking player and I'm glad he's back but he needs to get back to basics.

Ditto

It was a wonderful free kick though!

Seymour M Hersh
Balogh-5- Very little to do and still scared ****e out of me on a number of occasions coming for crosses. Not to be blamed for the goal but maybe too quick to burst out his box and made it easy for Lovell.

Neilson-6- Steady. Decent passes down the line but couldn't cross his t's.

Zali-5- Does 90% of his stuff very well but makes silly COSTLY errors every single week. Not good enough.

Berra-9- Outstanding. MOTM by a mile. Will go on to better things imo.

Wallace-7-Linked up well with Driver. Looks a lot more confident. Very unfortunate to get booked.

Eggert-6- Maaa. Not a right mid. Not good but not bad.

Karipidis-6- Improved 2nd half, did a job.

Ruben-7-Kept possession well without doing anything spectacular. A good squad player.

Driver-8- Class at times, when he plays well we look like a different team. And what a goal! Crossing could be better but at least he likes to take on a man.

Aguiar-7 1/2- Brilliant at times, pish poor at others. Great free kick (although thought goalie maybe could have done better). Tries too much at times, or attempts the clever flick when a simple control and pass would be better. Still delighted hes back, best centre mid at the club.

Nade-7- Won a lot of headers and not his fault theres noone playing off him to run onto them. Still too lazy for me at times and doesn't put enough in too get himself into the box, making Drivers job difficult at times. Much improved though.

Just give him the credit for FS!!!!!

Balogh 6 - not his fault for the goal, fine otherwise

Neilson 7 - solid

Zaliukas 5 - had worse games

Berra 8 - MOTM

Wallace 7 - good attacking moves today

Jonsson 4 - very off colour

Palazuelos 7 - did his job

Karipidis 7 - as above

Aguiar 6 - for the goal

Driver 6 - for the goal

Nade 6 - had no help at all

Seymour M Hersh
Balogh - 6 (one or two seemed to think he was at fault for their goal, I thought the blame lay with no. 26)

Neilson - 6 Nothing spectacular, nothing drastic, however hasn't got a clue how to cross a ball (but he ain't alone in that)

Zaliukas - 5 First half he was absolute minging, bit better second half but still the weak link in the defence.

Aguiar - 8 Good display

Palazuelos - 7 Combined very well particularly with Aguiar and the full backs. Opened up play constantly with the square passes no one likes.

Driver - 6.5 I thought he offered very little until he scored, after that he was a different player altogether

Obua - 1 Mince.

You've let yourself down badly there PJ1. He needs to get up to speed with the frenzy that is Scottish football but your comment of mince is way, way off the mark. To people that really know the game he's definitely a footballer but needs to understand that you just don't have the time he's used to in South Africa.

Forgot why I went on this thread in the first player, damn drink (actually, damn 8am start stopping me from staying on the drink), so here are my ratings*

Balogh 6 - I don't blame him for the goal. I blame him for making me nearly **** myself everytime he went near a cross.

Neilson 7 - Robbie! He's never changed but being without him for so long makes me appreciate how little we lose down our right hand side at times.

Wallace 7 - Made early covering error but overall looked comfortable in attack and defense.

Berra 9 - The last 20 minutes he won just about everything. Without him in the team this may well have ended a draw.

Zaliukas 6 - Looked very shakey today and I want to see a replay of the first goal - think he may have been caught out.

Karipidis 8 - An unsung hero for me this season. Another who played a big part in keeping Falkirk under wraps in a worrying last half hour.

Jonsson 5 - Everyone knows he's not a right midfielder but it doesn't excuse for passing as poor as that.

Palazuelos 7 - Nothing spectacular but contributed well on both sides of the ball today. Would probably still prefer Stewart though - minus the tantrums.

Driver 9 (MotM) - Wow! Lazslo probably stopped this from being a 10 as he was completely tearing apart their right hand side, with a stunning goal thrown into the mix. Thought Obua was the right sub to make at the time but there was no reason to switch AD. Driver may have also added an assist (or two) to his name if it wasn't for Nade as well.

Aguiar 7 - Started off really well and was out best player in an unsteady first half. Seemed to get a bit too cocky after we went 2-1 up and should have added more. Great free kick.

Nade 7 - Done everything, and I mean everything, you would want a centre forward to do around the penalty area. But he did nothing, and I mean nothing, inside the penalty area.

Subs

Obua 6 - Was too slack at times but I think we are being too harsh on this lad. Doesb't appear to fit the SPL at present but he has talent.

everyone was crap, it was only falkirk afterall. BOO!

Didn't think I was that drunk but after only ten minutes I cannot for the life of me remember why there is an asterix in my ratings post.

:eek:

Seymour M Hersh
everyone was crap, it was only falkirk afterall. BOO!

Correct and how wonderful and naturally fantastic football players were all their guid Scottish laddies? Much better than all our foreigners!!!

portobellojambo1
You've let yourself down badly there PJ1. He needs to get up to speed with the frenzy that is Scottish football but your comment of mince is way, way off the mark. To people that really know the game he's definitely a footballer but needs to understand that you just don't have the time he's used to in South Africa.

Only my opinion SMH, and that was how I thought he performed today. As has been said by others he does a lot of running about, but I judge Hearts players by what they contribute to the game, and today I thought he was mince. That was my opinion of him today, if he plays next week and does well I will comment accordingly, i.e. it is not my opinion of him as a general footballer, as I have not seen enough yet to offer an opinion on that. I do think he needs to get up to speed with the game, he plays it at a much slower pace than it is played here, today I thought he was mince, so said so.

Libertonian_II
Only my opinion SMH, and that was how I thought he performed today. As has been said by others he does a lot of running about, but I judge Hearts players by what they contribute to the game, and today I thought he was mince. That was my opinion of him today, if he plays next week and does well I will comment accordingly, i.e. it is not my opinion of him as a general footballer, as I have not seen enough yet to offer an opinion on that. I do think he needs to get up to speed with the game, he plays it at a much slower pace than it is played here, today I thought he was mince, so said so.

He wasn't as mince as Jonsson, Palazuelos and Karipedis who contributed not a lot today.

Didn't think I was that drunk but after only ten minutes I cannot for the life of me remember why there is an asterix in my ratings post.

:eek:

asterix_or_asterisk.gif

Hehe. Always wanted to use that. :biggrin:

Would agree with most of the ratings, they're all much of a muchness...but I would disagree that Driver only had half a game. I thought he was great in the first half too...he ran them ragged every time, to the point where they gave up trying to actually play the ball and just started barging him into the hoardings instead. He was my MotM well before he scored.

As for Obua...I didn't think he did too badly, considering. He's off the pace, needs to learn that you don't get time on the ball here and could also do with being a little more brave about going into challenges. But he had a few nice touches and put in some decent passes too...only time will tell if he can adapt his game to suit the SPL. What he really doesn't need are people groaning every time he gets the ball, I was disappointed to hear that today considering how upbeat the mood was otherwise and how well the team were performing. Poor show.

Balogh - 2 frightens me to death - come back KELLO!

Robbie - 7 solid in defence, distribution not improved though.

Zal - 5 again, lapses in concentration, get rid of these and no' a bad defender in there!

Berra - 8 superb again, growing stronger and could be a "great" if we can keep him. MoM

Wallace - 7 looks to have confidence back, defending improving, great going forward.

Jonsson - 6 a bit disapponting today after recent heights, always gives his all.

Kari - 7 did well today, even his passing was okay, covering was excellent.

Pala -6 steady, always tries to find a man's feet, more grit and we have a player.

Driver-6 low rating only because of average first half, caught fire second,GREAT goal!

Bruno - 8 what a shift,what a goal!

Nade -8 another great shift, a real thorn for them, like a new signing, and getting better!

Agree with most bar.

Agree with your Balogh quote but not your mark.5

Jonsson 2.Not his position but he had a shocker.Look how Robbie and Andy linked up when he went off.

Driver 8.Thought he had both fullbacks on toast.

Nade 7.Great work outside the box,sadly never looked like scoring.Great shift though.Why were the Falkirk fans booing him.You could see he was injured.

Zal - 3 Bombscare

Ruben - 6 Did ok.

Balogh - meh

Jobbie - 7 has been a breathe of fresh air - I am glad to have bene proved wrong on this one

Zal - he does do catastrophic blunders but does good too - 5

Berra - 8 class act never seen him not win a header

Wallace - 7 is slowly but surely silencing his critics (me included)

Driver - 8 smooth, silky and a touch of class. Old firm will be snigging around

Karipidis - 7 decent enough without setting the heather alight

Bruno - 8 quality

Ruben - 7 is one of those players that does so much that much of it goes unnoticed - WE NEED HIM!

Eggert - 6 out of position - let's stop this please shabba as we all know this boy is good

Nade - 7 very decent shift from the big guy (can drive his Lambourghini with pride this week)

We all know that my ratings are the best so I trust this thread will now be closed :)

Aguiar - 8 Good display

Obua - 1 Mince.

This comes closest to my assessment except I would give Eggert 2 - he fell into the PISH category. Kept giving the ball away and contributed the square root of bugger all. (I normally like him BTW)

This comes closest to my assessment except I would give Eggert 2 - he fell into the PISH category. Kept giving the ball away and contributed the square root of bugger all. (I normally like him BTW)

I agree with the above.

I generally avoid running down our younger players but somehow I can't see what others see in Jonsson. It is unfair to ask one so young and inexperienced to play in different positions every other week which cannot be helping him but I have yet to appreciate, even in his favoured MF position, that he will become a top player. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Malcolm Tucker

Janos - 6

Robbie - 7

Marius - 7

Christophe - 8

Lee - 8

Eggert - 5

Ruben - 6 (I may be the only person that doesn't really rate this guy?)

Christos - 7

Bruno - 8

Andrew - 7.5

Christian - 7.5

David - 4 (He'll get better IMO)

I agree with the above.

I generally avoid running down our younger players but somehow I can't see what others see in Jonsson. It is unfair to ask one so young and inexperienced to play in different positions every other week which cannot be helping him but I have yet to appreciate, even in his favoured MF position, that he will become a top player. I hope I'm proved wrong.

He actually played well at RB and did exceptionally well at CB when Zal was out. I suspect he is an out and out defender but doesn't know it ?

Balogh 6

Neilson 7 not his greatest fan but he did play solidly. Distribution still dodgy.

Wallace 7 the lad is now finding consistency.

Berra 9 MOM by a mile.

Zaliukas 7 no matter what the cynics say he played well. Still a bombscare though.

-------------------

Jonsson 6 put himself about well enough.

Palazuelos 7 underated by many, so calm and thorough on the ball.

Karipidis 6 missing in first half, came on a bit 2nd and nearly scored.

Aguiar 7 great goal but became a bit sloppy and showboaty afterwards.

Driver 7 didn`t start playing until 5, 10 mins before wonder goal.

------------------------------

Nade 6 i like him but frustrated me yesterday. Did`nt seek out options when he ran into corners, needs to get head up more.

balogh 6 Not convinced

neilson 7 Decent game

zal 5 Still worries me

berra 8 Another excellent game

wallace 7 Did very well

jonsson 4 Not a right midfielder

karipidis 6 Steady

bruno 7 Too many fancy flicks but what a great free kick

palazuelos 5 Gives us nothing

driver 8 Great goal

nade 8 Put in another good shift

Archived