Rounding The Keeper.

The Comedian

For me the ultimate way to score, It's not just the goal, It's the complete outclassing of the keeper that makes It special.

But it was quickly followed by a golden moment when Driver, who was due to switch to the other wing to make way for the Ugandan, weaved his way through the defence before rounding the goalkeeper and slotting the ball home.

The question Is, who was the last player to do It for Hearts? Maybe Ricardo Fuller? Also another comeback from a goal down. Good day today.

For me the ultimate way to score, It's not just the goal, It's the complete outclassing of the keeper that makes It special.

The question Is, who was the last player to do It for Hearts? Maybe Ricardo Fuller? Also another comeback from a goal down. Good day today.

I doubt its that far back.

cant think of a specific incident but Im sure Rudi, Hartley,Miko,Bednar and Janny are likely to have had at least one between them

driver's goal was very colquhoun-esque, or mccann-esque.

even when things aren't coming off for him, driver always seems to have tremendous confidence in himself.

a very, very valuable player now.

Generic Username

Drivers goal is one of the best goals I've seen at Tynie in the last 3/4 seasons.

In fact, add Bruno's goal today to that.

Not seen any replays, how many men did he beat?

He skinned 3 outfield players and then had to round the keeper as well.

Breathtaking stuff!

Yeh , it takes a lot of skill to beat a couple of defenders and round the keeper but i still prefer a belter or half volley from around the 18yd line eg. miko v hibs & tic.

I remember robbo doing it in 1986 rounding united keeper billy thompson. Correct me if im wrong though as i was only 7. The moment is also captured on the inside of the hearts song on vinyl record. Still got that tae. The auld man got it signed but its in a bit of a state!

He Who Cannot Be Named
He skinned 3 outfield players and then had to round the keeper as well.

Breathtaking stuff!

Pish. He picked up the ball between 2 men, beat 1 man, cut inside the keeper and slotted home, nearly running into Nade! Good goal but hardly breathtaking stuff!

I agree with the first post however as stated not many Hearts players have managed it. I think Donald Ford must have done it more than any other Hearts player in the last 50 years. The player who managed it more than anyone was the great Jimmy Greaves. As shown by the age group poll and the Maradona poll players of the past don't get the credit they deserve.

Donald Ford of Scotland and Jimmy Greaves of England were the best strikers of the era.

Pish. He picked up the ball between 2 men, beat 1 man, cut inside the keeper and slotted home, nearly running into Nade! Good goal but hardly breathtaking stuff!

Oooh get her!

Apologies for getting excited.:torture:

Tbh he doesnt really "round" the keeper from what I saw on bbc highlights

He runs to the side of him for pace then slots it in.

To round a keeper for me you actually need to go completely round him and back in again.

Excellent goal all the same.

Miller Jambo 60

You for real:eek:

MackaysCentreSpot

3 terrible attempts by 3 Falkirk players to get the ball off him certainly helped his cause.

Seen my son's U12 side put in stronger tackles.

jambos are go!

Dont know about going round the keeper every time but Willie Gibson was the best at 'one on one' I ve seen in a Hearts jersey. Scored virtually everytime IIRC. Mind you he was the no 29 of his era and never got any credit for a fabulous scoring average and penalty record(never missed one IIRC).

Miller Jambo 60
Dont know about going round the keeper every time but Willie Gibson was the best at 'one on one' I ve seen in a Hearts jersey. Scored virtually everytime IIRC. Mind you he was the no 29 of his era and never got any credit for a fabulous scoring average and penalty record(never missed one IIRC).

Aye willie Gibson keeps coming up on KB.

Mind his winner against partick in the big cup.

Header about 71 at tyne

I thought it was a brilliant goal by Driver - pace, control and a cool finish. Imagine the fuss if it had been Ronaldo that scored it.

The best Jambo for rounding the 'keeper in my lifetime has to be John Colquhoun - he definitely did this more often than any other Hearts player I can remember.

Anyone recall his goal against Motherwell in a cup tie at Tynie when he ran from the halfway line to score, doing his nice wee feint at the end to put the 'keeper on his backside before running past him? Great stuff - also remember him doing this to Pat Bonner at Parkhead and Campbell Money at Love St amongst others.

Have seen Robbo doing this too but JC did it with a bit more style!

Miller Jambo 60
Tbh he doesnt really "round" the keeper from what I saw on bbc highlights

He runs to the side of him for pace then slots it in.

To round a keeper for me you actually need to go completely round him and back in again.

Excellent goal all the same.

So he should get a BJ before he beats him.

Have you ever played football mate.

Archived