Boruc

gorgie blizzard

marshallschunkychicken
It was worse. At least Mcgregor caught the ball. Boruc simply attacked the player.

I'm sorry, off topic, but 'McGregor caught the ball'?

What game were you watching?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
I did make that point earlier.

Anyways I am off to the match now.

Byeeeeeeeeee

Fair enough, I just saw that post I quoted!

Commander Harris

So we're all agreed that boruc is a dirty ******* and it should have been a red.

Good stuff. :)

Boruc - The most detestable footballer to play in the SPL??

Certainly in with a shout for me and the longer he is here the more chance there is of him overtaking the likes of Hartson and Riordan

loveofthegame

Certainly in with a shout for me and the longer he is here the more chance there is of him overtaking the likes of Hartson and Riordan

Probably the most detestable player to play in the SPL ever. The only 1 that comes close is Lennon. And i include Riordan and co in that.

Commander Harris

easily.

I'm sorry, off topic, but 'McGregor caught the ball'?

What game were you watching?

My brain is still on the pillow. I retract that seriously bad version of events.

:)

Theoretical question.

Aiden McGeady and Artur Boruc sharing a car to training and you could do anything at all you wanted for that time.

What would it be?

:):):)

Theoretical question.

Aiden McGeady and Artur Boruc sharing a car to training and you could do anything at all you wanted for that time.

What would it be?

What are you talking about man?

It's the only thing that Romanov has been right about since he came here. The game in Scotland is corrupted by weak old-firm compliant match officials and governing bodies.

I'm with Scott Herbertson on this one. It may not be possible over a season, but the remaining 10 clubs should agree that for one-quarters worth of fixtures, we show our feelings by turning out shadow second-string teams againt rantic.

Chad Sexington
Theoretical question.

What would it be?

You're a strange little fellow.

:sad:

Did anybody just see that challenge?

Surely a straight Red - unbelievable!

play for the tims so doesn't get sent off mate. simple really.

Just the same as boomsong didn't get sent off at ibrox when he fouled a hearts player. Straight reds don't happen to those kwunts

Did anybody just see that challenge?

Surely a straight Red - unbelievable!

One can't take them to task or they will immediately play the anti-catholic/victim card which will result in a campaign by their friends in the prhess and mhedia.

You're a strange little fellow.

:sad:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is puzzled by this.

What kind of question is that?

What would you do to McGeady and Boruc in a car? :(

Bit creepy if you ask me. :sad:

Tut tut Andy.

Miller Jambo 60
no way was it a red................he plays for OF!

REF was a **** and bottled it end off.

GFA rule.

THE tic rule the WEEGE rule.

I hate them

MA HA

blondejamtart
Probably the most detestable player to play in the SPL ever. The only 1 that comes close is Lennon. And i include Riordan and co in that.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with Prancer (again, I think!) Boruc has to be one of the most loathsome creatures ever to set foot on a football pitch.

Willie Collum is a celtic fan. FACT.

Yep I got told the same by another referee. Smith, the other new ref who "missed" the DUFC penalty earlier in the season is also a big Celtic fan.

Boruc is basically the new Neil Lennon with ref's far too scared to sanction him.

He could have lobbed a hand grenade in to the St. Mirren fans behind the goals and be let off with a talking to.

Kenny Clark said that when Csaba had that bust up when he tried to go on the pitch at full time a few weeks back it was worse than Boruc provoking the opposition fans :confused:

Someone posted on here a couple of weeks ago about Colum and another SPL 'Grade 1' official being part of the Sellick family.

Why didn't wee Gus the fud Mcpherson not drag the 4th official down the tunnel to look at the monitor like he done with Mikey Stewart?.

lost in leith

Reminds me of when Gascoigne was playing for the Huns. He lost it a few times (particularly in a game v the sheep at Ibrox). IIRC a former ref admitted that the refs at the time were scared to show Gascoigne a red because they would be hammered in the media. While he didn't say so, I think he also meant that their families, especially their kids, would get grief.

I think it's the same with Boruc. Any ref who sends him off will be called a bigot, and can look forward to getting his windows tanned like Dallas did. If the St Mirren goalie had done than to a Celtic forward he'd have walked off without even looking to see the red card coming :mad:

This is the bottom line. It is obvious that the Celtic minded refs and linesmen are only too happy not to hide their allegiances

It is getting worse, I reckon managers should just take the team of the pitch when things like this happen. There is no point in going on as it is obvious the whole balance of the game is weighed so heavily against OF opposition. We were discussing yesterday in the pub and I thought about how that would feel as a fan (especially all of us that travel long distances to get to games), but I actually think I would feel proud that the team were making a stand against this type of blatant bias. Every single week a non OF suffers and probably lose points unfairly whilst playing OF.

The psychological impact must be daunting enough knowing that you cant breath near an OF player as you will be booked, if you get challenged by one you will probably be booked for diving. They can celebrate goals we will get booked for of trying to do the same.

Playing a reserve game may be the answer but until the referees face proper sanctions for their 2 different set of rules. We as paying fans are wasting money going to games that against OF.

It is not good enough a referee saying days later oh I got it wrong.

Paper headlines today, is there several pages on how Boruc is a violent thug? (not got a paper yet but Im guessing no).

givememychoice

that still picture from the bbc says it all, he is facing the player, not the ball.

Also, for me, that is a clear goalscoring opportunity. If he hadnt been impeeded, would you have expected him to slide the ball in towards the net? (it may have been stopped by a great sliding block, but thats acceptable in still calling it a clear goal scoring opportunity

Just watching that clip and at the end of it when Mcpherson comes out the dugout he hits/pushes the 4th official,is that allowed?.

Was this not the same thing that Shabba is getting done for against Aberdeen?.

ffs guys. Boric is an OF player: what did you expect? At least it doesn't change the fact that they are a bunch of DVD-nicking slum-dwelling tinks.

Hmm. Because I've been continually exasperated by dirty players only receiving a booking, and silly non-offences like celebrating with the fans or pulling your shirt up being graded identically, I've thought for many years there should be a three card system in operation: yellow, amber and red. Under my system, Boruc would've got an amber card: he wasn't the last man, the player was moving away from goal to a degree, and you can at least argue he was going for the ball, but missed.

Notwithstanding that though, I started out this season believing, as I'd always done, that there's a clear OF bias among officials - and within this, to a lesser extent, one towards Rangers as well. I now increasingly suspect that the OF bias is more pronounced and pervasive than ever; but within this, to a lesser extent, is one towards the club generally in the ascendant too. And that's Celtic.

I've thought for many years there should be a three card system in operation: yellow, amber and red.

Not very user friendly for our colour blind fans. :rolleyes:

Not very user friendly for our colour blind fans. :rolleyes:

Green, yellow and red could be an alternative.

A red card without doubt regardless of the last man rule. Violent conduct is exactly what it was.

Reminds me of when Gascoigne was playing for the Huns. He lost it a few times (particularly in a game v the sheep at Ibrox). IIRC a former ref admitted that the refs at the time were scared to show Gascoigne a red because they would be hammered in the media. While he didn't say so, I think he also meant that their families, especially their kids, would get grief.

I think it's the same with Boruc. Any ref who sends him off will be called a bigot, and can look forward to getting his windows tanned like Dallas did. If the St Mirren goalie had done than to a Celtic forward he'd have walked off without even looking to see the red card coming :mad:

The name John Rowbotham springs to mind. Pretty sure he was the ref that sent him off. He kinda disappeared from officiating in the Premier for a wee while after that IIRC.

The name John Rowbotham springs to mind. Pretty sure he was the ref that sent him off. He kinda disappeared from officiating in the Premier for a wee while after that IIRC.

Speaking of Gazza, remember this?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CyoxTVtO06s

The ref that day actually quit soon afterwards in protest at the laws requiring him to book Gascoigne as a result! John Rowbotham, incidentally, as well as being a pretty underwhelming ref, was the fourth official charged with keeping a prowling JJ at bay on 16th May 1998. Not exactly the easiest job, that!

I can't stand Celtic and I can't stand Boruc but I've got to say I can see why the referee hasn't sent him off.

It wasn't technically a last man offence as the player was going very wide and there were players covering.

I don't think it was as vicious as some are making out and the contact on the player was minimal so I think a yellow is fair.

Just watched it on the bbc highlights, that was a clear sending off.. Once again the **** is protected by our biest scottish ref's.. An Absolute joke!! :(

It's the only thing that Romanov has been right about since he came here. The game in Scotland is corrupted by weak old-firm compliant match officials and governing bodies.

I'm with Scott Herbertson on this one. It may not be possible over a season, but the remaining 10 clubs should agree that for one-quarters worth of fixtures, we show our feelings by turning out shadow second-string teams againt rantic.

One of the EPL sides went one better (sorry , can't remember which club but it involved a recent refereeing shocker). The club gave him top marks and said he got every crucial decision right, which was clearly untrue. Apparently the EPL/FA are supposed to go back to clubs if there are reports which are deemed to be 'incorrect'. The club then went into overdrive and accused the FA of not knowing their own rules as , having submitted a patently inaccurate report , the FA failed to contact the club involved. The FA refused to speak about it to the media , which the club had briefed beforehand.

Some of the posters on this thread clearly hadn't seen the highlights before going on about Boruc not being the last man : he was.

A waist high studs up challenge that takes the guy out with not even a defender level with him and he still doesn't get sent off.

A joke of a decision.

According to some tawdry rag I saw lying on a table at my work there is a fatwah....or at least the Polish equivalent on him anyways!

So he might be in hiding very soon.

Apparently they are up in arms as he is now more the "not so holy goalie"!!!!

And yes he should have walked for that offence!

Can't understand why folk are getting so upset.

Surely you all remember McGregor's "challenge" on Clum?

OF players will always benefit from the officials.

Bet your mortgage on a decision being awarded to Rangers if it's 0-0 on Saturday going into the last 10 minutes

Archived