Boruc

gorgie blizzard

Even though he wasnt really last man, as there were defenders getting back to cover, the challenge on its own should have been straight red. He was high and with his boot up, no attempt to play the ball.

Did anybody just see that challenge?

Surely a straight Red - unbelievable!

You need to describe it to us who are at work and cant see the game.

Please,.,.,.,.,.

winston churchill
Did anybody just see that challenge?

Surely a straight Red - unbelievable!

sure did

you could also add assault on the st.midden player.

no sign of the linesman or 4th official getting involved:mw_rolleyes:

Listenin to radio 5 live and their premiership preview was interrupted by roddy forsyth saying 'controversy with Borat, should have been a straight red but a yellow produced' He couldn't understand why no red card - well Roddy I'll tell you why - it's because the refs in this country are more corrupt than the russian government, deal with it cause us honest fans see it every week.

penicuik jambo

flying out his box, waist high challenge, no attempt to play the ball, straight red easily, not for wullie colum, absolute joke

gorgie blizzard

Please,.,.,.,.,.

St Mirren Striker clean through on goal, Boruc comes racing out his box and takes him out with a karate kick - yellow card.

****in disgrace.

Listenin to radio 5 live and their premiership preview was interrupted by roddy forsyth saying 'controversy with Borat, should have been a straight red but a yellow produced' He couldn't understand why no red card - well Roddy I'll tell you why - it's because the refs in this country are more corrupt than the russian government, deal with it cause us honest fans see it every week.

Christ when even Murder McClown says its a straight red and a shocking decision you know there is something wrong

Please,.,.,.,.,.

Similar to the assualt of Clum by McGregor at Tynie when we pumped the orcs 4-2 last season...............funnily enough no red that day either!

1251: "The game is almost an irrelevance at the moment because of that decision and it's impact." BBC Radio Scotland commentator David Begg.

flying out his box, waist high challenge, no attempt to play the ball, straight red easily, not for wullie colum, absolute joke

Only a couple of days ago someone was on here telling us that this little fud was a 100% dyed-in-the-wool Tim as well.

Why are these people allowed to officiate at games involving their teams ?

Boruc is basically the new Neil Lennon with ref's far too scared to sanction him.

He could have lobbed a hand grenade in to the St. Mirren fans behind the goals and be let off with a talking to.

Similar to the assualt of Clum by McGregor at Tynie when we pumped the orcs 4-2 last season...............funnily enough no red that day either!

Cheers .

Not even listening to the game and i'm ****ing raging. :mad:

MackaysCentreSpot

Tin Hat On

Boruc was not the last man.

Boruc did not stop a clear goal scoring opportunity.

So no red card for those offences as he did not commit either of them.

But this is where he got it wrong.

Boruc should have seen straight red card for the tackle.

Christ when even Murder McClown says its a straight red and a shocking decision you know there is something wrong

hey you're supposed to be on your way to pick me up

absolute joke of a decision the refs aint even trying to hide it now, Robson just let off with the most blatent handball ever! :mad:

Charlie-Brown
Only a couple of days ago someone was on here telling us that this little fud was a 100% dyed-in-the-wool Tim as well.

Where are these people allowed to officiate at games involving their teams ?

To help them win!

SectionDJambo

Was Collum, who is Dallas's "wonderkid" , not identified as a Celtic fan by a poster the other day?

He certainly has had no problem sending others off for less before.

This kind of thing will never change and nothing will ever be done to change it.

Commander Harris
Tin Hat On

So by the rule book it was a yellow card so the ref got it right on those accounts.

"last man" doesn't matter a jot, if it's a clear goalscoring opportunity then it's a red card.

I think it was.

Clear goal scoring opportunity 'might' be debatable, but that was a CLEAR violent conduct offence and thus straight red.

Whenever Collum is in charge from now every player, keeper or outfield, is entitled to put in a challenge like that and only expect a yellow.

Unbelievable. Ok SFA, try and talk your way out of that one.

Pity, that prat Gus McPherson will no doubt emphasis on 'last man' rule that doesn't exist and hence let the ref off the hook.

best in the land
Tin Hat On

how was that not a clear goalscoring opertunity? :eek:

MackaysCentreSpot
"last man" doesn't matter a jot, if it's a clear goalscoring opportunity then it's a red card.

I think it was.

how was that not a clear goalscoring opertunity? :eek:

I would disagree that it was a clear goal scoring opportunity.

There are two (a & B) types of obvious goal scoring opportunities that can be denied:

(a) A defender (not the defending goalkeeper) who deliberately handles the ball and prevents an obvious goal. This normally covers the situation where following a shot on goal, a defender standing in front (or very near) of the goal stops the ball from entering the goal by handling it.

(B) When an attacker is fouled on his way towards goal, (including when a defender purposefully handles the ball to prevent the progress of the attacker towards goal), there are a number of factors that the Referee will need to take into consideration when deciding if the chance was an obvious goal scoring opportunity or not.

A Referee must answer YES to all of the following questions - before deciding that it was an obvious goal scoring opportunity or not. The Referee is the only person who can decide whether a goal scoring opportunity was obvious or not.

(a) Does the area between the attacker and the goal have fewer than two nearby defending players who are able to intervene, between the attacker and the goal?

(B) Was the attacker running directly towards the goal? (and not away from the goal at an angle - for example - obliquely towards the corner flag).

© Is the ball at a reasonable distance to enable the attacker to have reached the ball to play it?

(d) Was the foul committed near the goal? (the farther from goal, the less likely it is that an obvious goal scoring opportunity existed).

(e) Did the attacker have a reasonable chance for a shot towards goal, or to make progress towards the goal without being challenged by another outfield defender?

(f) Was the ball still in play when the foul was committed? (for example, did the Assistant Referee flag for offside just before the foul was committed).

(g) Was there enough match time remaining on the Referees watch, for the attacker to have covered the distance to enable a goal to be scored or attempted?

There is two that I can see that he can not answer yes to.

So it is not a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Is it just a coincidence he looks like Gollum?

He has one of those Gollum/Willo Flood faces you wouldn't tire of pounding.

I was even contemplating the idea in my head (idiotic I know!!!) that there may not be any controversial decisions with them today given that they were playing this other band of renegade cheats who would once again lie down to them ...

Alas not so ... the same corrupt non correct decision making process in terms of the Old Firm is alive and literally kicking as usual ...

I'll get mah coat an go to the game before ah boot mah telly in!!!

best in the land
I would disagree that it was a clear goal scoring opportunity.

so what would you say was a goalscoring opportunity?

when a defender is sent off as last man the goalie is still there between the attacker and the goal. So when the keeper makes the foul then there surely can be one defender behind him and he is still last man

The "last man" arguement is used often in these situations. I may be wrong, but I have never seen the words "last man" in the rule book.

here are the Fifa rules...

Sending-off Offences

A player, substitute or substituted player is sent off if he commits any

of the following seven offences:

• serious foul play

• violent conduct

• spitting at an opponent or any other person

• denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring

opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply

to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent

moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a

free kick or a penalty kick

• using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

• receiving a second caution in the same match

MackaysCentreSpot
so what would you say was a goalscoring opportunity?

If a Referee can answer YES to all of the following questions.

(a) Does the area between the attacker and the goal have fewer than two nearby defending players who are able to intervene, between the attacker and the goal?

(B) Was the attacker running directly towards the goal? (and not away from the goal at an angle - for example - obliquely towards the corner flag).

© Is the ball at a reasonable distance to enable the attacker to have reached the ball to play it?

(d) Was the foul committed near the goal? (the farther from goal, the less likely it is that an obvious goal scoring opportunity existed).

(e) Did the attacker have a reasonable chance for a shot towards goal, or to make progress towards the goal without being challenged by another outfield defender?

(f) Was the ball still in play when the foul was committed? (for example, did the Assistant Referee flag for offside just before the foul was committed).

(g) Was there enough match time remaining on the Referees watch, for the attacker to have covered the distance to enable a goal to be scored or attempted?

I like this bit from the bbc live text.....

1249: "If that was an outfield player then it would have been a straight red. Never mind goal-scoring opportunities, that was a ridiculous challenge." BBC Radio Scotland pundit Murdo McLeod

let me rephase that for you murdo.....

1249: "If that was a player outwith the old firm then it would have been a straight red. Never mind goal-scoring opportunities, that was a ridiculous challenge." BBC Radio Scotland pundit Murdo McLeod

Cheating *******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly everyone can see it, btw nothing big will be made of this...under the carpet it goes, though theres so many under there its like mount everest with a rug on top!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Fair play to Hartson, he's insisting it was a red.

Terry arsehole Butcher on the other hand ... :mad:

MackaysCentreSpot

Note, the FIFA 1991 MEMORANDUM stated:

Interpretation of Law XII, IBD 15

2. Criteria for judging whether a goal-scoring opportunity is imminent:

a. Attacking player moving DIRECTLY toward the opponent's goal.

b. There were fewer than two opponents in a position to defend against

the attack.

c. The incident was close enough to the opponent's goal to be considered

a goal scoring opportunity.

That challenge did not meet any of that criteria.

Terry butcher just said it was not a clear goal scoring opportunity so how is he an ar*sehole ?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Note, the FIFA 1991 MEMORANDUM stated:

Interpretation of Law XII, IBD 15

2. Criteria for judging whether a goal-scoring opportunity is imminent:

a. Attacking player moving DIRECTLY toward the opponent's goal.

b. There were fewer than two opponents in a position to defend against

the attack.

c. The incident was close enough to the opponent's goal to be considered

a goal scoring opportunity.

That challenge did not meet any of that criteria.

Terry butcher just said it was not a clear goal scoring opportunity.

It wasn't.

The challenge itself was a red though. Studs in the stomach anywhere else on the pitch = early bath.

The very same arsehole Butcher who stated that Calderwood's handball was not deliberate before he scored, so the goal was legit.

:eek:

Is it on Youtube yet?

For an idea of how bad it was, worse than McGregors assault on Elliot?

It was worse. At least Mcgregor caught the ball. Boruc simply attacked the player.

loveofthegame
Is it on Youtube yet?

For an idea of how bad it was, worse than McGregors assault on Elliot?

It didn't look as severe in terms of intent to hurt as McG's on Elliot, but it was certainly intentional and imo a straight red. It was at the right corner of the 18 yard box, Boruc steamed out and Dargo got there just in front of him. Boruc throws himself with a leading leg into Dargo taking him completely out the game. 2 Cheltic defenders running back in the middle but i reckon Dargo would have had a great chance at slotting the ball into an empty net, albeit from a tight-ish angle.

IMO impossible to say it wasn't denying a goalscoring opportunity. Should have been a red, but the decision didn't suprise me 1 bit. There was the slightest ever element of doubt and that means the decision undoubtebly goes to the OF.

I've kind of gone round in circles but hope it makes sense!!

Listening to Radio Scotland at half time I have to laugh at Rangers fans saying the officials are pro celtic - they are pro old firm...the challenge Boruc commited was almost identical to a challenge Alan McGregor commited against Calum Elliott at Tynie last season - and he didnt get sent off either!

They officials are equally biased to both of the bigot brothers.

scott herbertson
Why even play games again these cheats?

Everytime its your team against the OF and the officials

I have long suggested we should field a reserve side every time against the OF

a) it shows the disdain in which we hold the fixed fixtures

B) rest key players

c) avoid key players being sent off or kicked by their keepers or assaulted by their player

d) we could actively encourage reserve players to tackle them hard

I've advocated this since the 70's when Donald Ford had his leg broken at Ibrox and I was threatened, gobbed on etc by Rangers fans around me for saying "Hey, Ref!"

MackaysCentreSpot
It wasn't.

The challenge itself was a red though. Studs in the stomach anywhere else on the pitch = early bath.

Tin Hat On

I did make that point earlier.

Anyways I am off to the match now.

Byeeeeeeeeee

Archived