Alan Shearer - Newcastle's Virtual Albatross

VeraNT

What is this scouting system you talk of? Vlad going to games and deciding to spend 750k on Beslija isn't a scouting system. Pedro Lopez printing off players names from Yahoo Sport isn't a scouting system.

Firstly even Sir A F has made poor signings and I know you have had issues with VR (he once told you what YOU SAY was a lie) and Lopez but you have to try to put the past behind you. VR did have a scouting system and like many it's like the curate's egg.

I would suggest that you go and kiss the season ticket you said you were not going to buy. What an embarrassment that must have been for you, the big man of principle, to go and get one one for the wimpish reason that "my dad and my brother wanted one and I did not want to be separated from them" after you led people on this board to believe that you were championing a cause. What a HOLLOW, sad, negative, (paper) rebel you are and a stalker to boot. Always moaning, always negative and the eternal victim.

What I wonder are you going to come on with after yesterday's victory to make it 12 points from 4 games. Why don't you support the Club?

C'mon the JTs Are you sure of Csaba or not????

Interestingly enough - Shearer was not mentioned in the bbc.com report of Saturdays Chelsea Newcastle game.

But on the other hand - this quote from guardian.co.uk is a pure gem, or lump of coal, if you come from Newcastle.

"I have the utmost respect for Shearer," said Kinnear. "The door is always open and he is more than welcome to learn his trade here. I would be delighted if he wanted to come here two days a week and see for himself what football is all about."

Sean' date=' there was less than 45K at at the Aston Villa game and attendances have been on the wane since Keegan departed. I don't know where you get your info from but the Toon fans never wanted Souness and were determined to give Allardyce even less of a chance.

[b']I live and work amongst the Geordies - they wanted Allardyce out alright.[/[/b]QUOTE]

They didn't even want him in! There is a certain insularity about Newcastle and only today I received a phone call from abroad, from a reliable source and in reliable circumstances if that makes sense, that Shearer WILL be the manager soon and Rob Lee will be his assistant. John Carver (Bobby Robson's ex-assistant) will be back from Toronto as 1st team coach and it's goodbye to Dennis Wise. What is not clear is whether all this depends on a take-over or whether the take-over is all but signed sealed and awaiting delivery.

What p*sses me off with Toon fans is that they claim they are the greatest fans in the world, yet they don't bother to turn up when the tide is against them.

This was widely publicised down here last week. But the key to that article was that there would have to be a change of ownership - that was very clear. And that's a very big 'IF' given there are no takers for the club.

You have to hand it to Shearer he's been gonna take over the reins at Newcastle now for years according to his mates in the media and yet how long has it taken him to get his UEFA coaching badge ? Has anyone stopped for a second to think what effect that has had on the fans and their attitude towards recent incumbents ? Every time someone takes over the fans are still asking why Shearer hasn't got the job (he isn't qualified and showed no rush to do so) so the fans immediately get on the new guys back as soon as things go wrong.

If anyone thinks Shearer is going to save a club that is massively in debt and being touted across the globe by a desperate seller who has publicly stated he has no intention of buying any players they must be mad.

I have a soft spot for Newcastle but Shearer has cynically courted the media for years on this matter.

This was widely publicised down here last week. But the key to that article was that there would have to be a change of ownership - that was very clear. And that's a very big 'IF' given there are no takers for the club.

You have to hand it to Shearer he's been gonna take over the reins at Newcastle now for years according to his mates in the media and yet how long has it taken him to get his UEFA coaching badge ? Has anyone stopped for a second to think what effect that has had on the fans and their attitude towards recent incumbents ? Every time someone takes over the fans are still asking why Shearer hasn't got the job (he isn't qualified and showed no rush to do so) so the fans immediately get on the new guys back as soon as things go wrong.

If anyone thinks Shearer is going to save a club that is massively in debt and being touted across the globe by a desperate seller who has publicly stated he has no intention of buying any players they must be mad.

I have a soft spot for Newcastle but Shearer has cynically courted the media for years on this matter.

It was widely reported in England at least and I suspect these reports came from the same source.

Archived