Flavio Briatore and QPR..

Martin_T

What is everyone's thoughts on the current situation at QPR, where it appears that one of the co-owners, Flavio Briatore is openly picking the team, indeed Iain Dowie apparently resigned after being handed a team sheet?

I think there has been a decrease in interference in team selection at Hearts, but in 2006/7 and in the first half of 2007/8 it was noticeably rampant. Would we have been more accepting of Vlad's input in team selection if he was open about it, as opposed to hiding behind a myriad of sporting directors etc?

If the owner picks the team and they win trophies, then who's complaining?

I wouldn't have minded if Vlad had picked the team to a Championship at Hearts.

But clearly, he was way out of his depth.

If the owner of QPR is happy picking the team then fine, but they're 10th at the moment. It only works if it works!

Buffalo Bill

I P Knightley

You've said it all there, Bill.

Living in West London, I've got a lot of mates who are QPR fans and the sense of trepidation among them is very similar to that among the Jambos around October 2005. In fact, a couple of them have made the comparison and asked pretty much the question in the OP.

The only advice I can give them is 'wait and see.' Briatore could be right; let's face it, his sporting credentials are slightly better than Vlad's were prior to his involvement in the Hearts (albeit in a very different sport). It could be that he's a very knowledgable football man.

Then again, he could be a megalomaniac folkwit who ends up destroying the club with his fanciful notions and crazy interventions.

Come to think of it, BB, you're a Hearts and QPR fan right? Maybe you're cursed and this is all your fault :P:)

I only like teams with meddling owners.

Does anyone remember the time we played them in '84?

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo
I only like teams with meddling owners.

Does anyone remember the time we played them in '84?

Buffalo Bill

Ah - the good old days. Mercer up against Gregory. :P

Guest Fabuloso
I'm thinking Ali Russel must be wondering if he's cursed! Mind you he's probably being well rewarded for his trouble. :P

He is, and I'll be asking him all about it when he comes up at Christmas. An evening with Ali is always enlightening!

Archived