Sayings that annoy you

Boof

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

the chavvy one.. 'on top non stop'

'spit doon on ma ma's life' WTF is that?

when uve spoke to some1 on the phone and whoever was next to u says aye so what was 'jimmy' sayin to it? never understood that one

When someone says "oh well, what`s for you won`t go past you".

Feckin despise that saying. A real negative saying. It`s so easy to say something was meant for you if it happens!!!

Always find it`s negative people in life who say it.:mad:

When people refer to other people as peeps

Bloody hate it when people say that

Peeps PEEPS!! That does my nut in, anyone that says that should be legally destroyed.

I must admit to being a "banter" kinda guy, but anyone that says bants gets shunned. Craic is a far better word anyway.

Commander Harris
Peeps PEEPS!! That does my nut in, anyone that says that should be legally destroyed.

I must admit to being a "banter" kinda guy, but anyone that says bants gets shunned. Craic is a far better word anyway.

"crack" is a far better word. "Craic" is made up nonsense.

"you look like you've lost a fiver and found a pound"

GRRRRR!!!! do you think i would look this ****ed off for the sake of four blabs ya wide-o?

Anyone saying "Guys" when addressing females or a mixture of male and female "peeps". Bl??dy Americanism.

As is "Not a problem" (from a barman, waiter or shop assistant). If I had expected a problem, I wouldn't have ordered the effing thing in the first place!

Feckin CRIMBO .....dunno where this originated ....feckin Brookside or something...someone mentioned chemical castration...too feckin good for anyone using this crappy scouse sheeit

Probably from John Lennon's "Crimble". As an atheist, I prefer to use that, although rarely, as on most occasions, the term New Year is quite suitable. (e.g. New Year holidays) .

I P Knightley
at least you had the s on the end.

Generally americanisations annoy me intensely.

There was a good piece on the BBC website the other day;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7733264.stm

This tends to be a re-occuring piece on that site every few months or so.

You're darn-tootin' right I had the s on the end! I was at a United Nations-sponsored conference last year and got into an argument with an American about the s being on the end. Most undiplomatic but my arguments were both more coherent and forceful so he accepted my point of view. (Or at least, he stopped arguing in order to save his own skin!)

"BBC in lazy, re-cycling journalism shocker!!"

Anyhoo - just annoying

"I'll just be 2 seconds" - it's always a lie

I'll give it 110, 150 or 2 million per cent, they never just say 100; why? Isn't 100 the limit? It doesn't make sense.

'pure' as in it's pure this that or the next thing

using the word 'like' in the same way as 'pure' - one of the most annoying Americanisms

saying 'ect' instead of 'etc'

the chavvy one.. 'on top non stop'

'spit doon on ma ma's life' WTF is that?

when uve spoke to some1 on the phone and whoever was next to u says aye so what was 'jimmy' sayin to it? never understood that one

I hate that:banghead2: WTF is it all about..

I also hate "Thats Barry Like", "Awrite Gadjey"(sp), and "Thats Pure Class" ..

Learn to bloody speak ya bunch of wee neds..

I was standing at the bus stop yesterday and some burd asked me for a fag, so I gave her one and she was like " A Pure Love Yae Like, your barry like" I was like WTF:eek:.. Man I hate neds so much, I should have just told her to F off..:rolleyes:

"can i buy a fag oaf ye mate?"

aye... fiver please, either that or just ask me for one and stop pussy footing about by offering me 30p or some other ridiculous amount.

"can i borrow a fag oaf ye mate?"

yes, here is my address. make sure you post it in a jiffy bag with lots of bubble wrap around it or i'll be looking for another one.

Not so much a saying, but it irks me...

Saying "loose" when typing or texting, when you actually mean, "lose".

Argh

Sorry, Dex...you've loost me on that one :laugh:

when someone says at the end of a sentence: "just something for you to think about" like i'm a 3 year old who would have to deeply think hard about a trivial matter!!!

Archived