Larry Kingston - stay in Ghana

bighalders

HEARTS manager Csaba Laszlo will seek urgent talks with Larry Kingston later this week after the player insisted on travelling almost 4000 miles to Ghana for an international friendly despite being injured.

Kingston has angered Laszlo by returning to Accra for tomorrow night's friendly against Tunisia after missing Hearts' last five matches.

He has complained of pain in his thigh when passing or shooting, leaving club medics striving to pinpoint the exact nature of his problem. The Ghanaian Football Association requested Kingston's attendance and will instruct team doctors to examine him.

Laszlo expects the midfielder to report back to Riccarton by the end of the week, at which point the manager will confront him about what he considers an unnecessary journey.

Laszlo told the Evening News: "If Larry is back, we must talk about this issue. I know he is in Ghana and I am surprised. The player is injured. He can't play for his national team.

"He has a letter, the medical staff from Ghana would like to see him but he can't play. Heart of Midlothian have medical staff who do a good job.

"Larry will definitely not play in my team (this weekend]. He cannot come back so quickly, this is the problem. I don't know when he will be fit, he has a flight ticket to be back for the weekend.

"He was getting treatment in our medical department, he tried to come back but he told us he was injured. He had the invitation from the football federation of Ghana and, if you receive this letter, your club cannot refuse to release you. We released Larry but if the player is injured and he would like to come back quickly, this is not the best way.

"This is a friendly game for Ghana, not an official game. You are injured and you lose a lot of time. You are sitting in the airport or on an aeroplane, you are not receiving treatment. This is not what I want and this is not professional.

"I accept the Ghana football federation and I accept the player's wish but we will talk about this later."

Typical EEN reporting

If Ghana wanted him to go we had no right to deny that as its a proper international week.

Just look at a few of the injured english players who still had to report

Even if kingston had said no the ghanian FA could have insisted on it, and lets be honest given Chesney managed to play dozens of fixture for lithuania whilst "injured" who can blame them

HEARTS manager Csaba Laszlo will seek urgent talks with Larry Kingston later this week after the player insisted on travelling almost 4000 miles to Ghana for an international friendly despite being injured.

Kingston has angered Laszlo by returning to Accra for tomorrow night's friendly against Tunisia after missing Hearts' last five matches.

He has complained of pain in his thigh when passing or shooting, leaving club medics striving to pinpoint the exact nature of his problem. The Ghanaian Football Association requested Kingston's attendance and will instruct team doctors to examine him.

Laszlo expects the midfielder to report back to Riccarton by the end of the week, at which point the manager will confront him about what he considers an unnecessary journey.

Laszlo told the Evening News: "If Larry is back, we must talk about this issue. I know he is in Ghana and I am surprised. The player is injured. He can't play for his national team.

"He has a letter, the medical staff from Ghana would like to see him but he can't play. Heart of Midlothian have medical staff who do a good job.

"Larry will definitely not play in my team (this weekend]. He cannot come back so quickly, this is the problem. I don't know when he will be fit, he has a flight ticket to be back for the weekend.

"He was getting treatment in our medical department, he tried to come back but he told us he was injured. He had the invitation from the football federation of Ghana and, if you receive this letter, your club cannot refuse to release you. We released Larry but if the player is injured and he would like to come back quickly, this is not the best way.

"This is a friendly game for Ghana, not an official game. You are injured and you lose a lot of time. You are sitting in the airport or on an aeroplane, you are not receiving treatment. This is not what I want and this is not professional.

"I accept the Ghana football federation and I accept the player's wish but we will talk about this later."

Me thinks he's trying to work his ticket oot the door!

Get this wee f*d sold in January, he thinks he's bigger & better than Heart of Midlothian FC and at this time, is the last type of character we need at the club.

I hope him & Makela are gone by the end of the January window.

Typical EEN reporting

If Ghana wanted him to go we had no right to deny that as its a proper international week.

Even if kingston had said no the ghanian FA could have insisted on it, and lets be honest given Chesney managed to play dozens of fixture for lithuania whilst "injured" who can blame them

You could be right but there are players who just pull out of international fixtures due to injury without having to report. The wording suggests Larry wants to go. I'm not buying the anti Hearts or bias against Hearts stuff, this is about Kingston not pulling his weight, allegedly injured then travelling thousands of miles for Ghana.

Typical EEN reporting

You may be correct...:eek:

I thought it was only in competative Internationals this was the case, Freindlies didn't count...Could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!! :P

Anyway, Hope tae Christ he stays there until we can offload the wee gimp in January!! :mad:

Its ultimately upto the NT

I doubt we will ever know how hard Larry tried to not report but if he is being asked to report and doesnt then he could be punished, not to mention hearts being fined or punished if we do not release him

The way I see it is he has to go if asked and he is being asked.

Larry probably does want out and I cant say I blame him, what top footballer would want to be here

As for Tynie B - I think its every recognised international week whether competitive or friendly game being played - we can refuse to send them if its not a recognised fixture week though be it for a competitve or friendly game . It may be me who is wrong though, just what I seem to recall

Drylaw Hearts

A complete waster.

No wonder he's spend his entire career floating around from one small club to the next.

Lot's of ability but very little brains.

Barcelona ?

You having a laugh.

Yeh this is starting to look very like a previous situation where we had a player with a severe attitude problem, launch this muppet in January Csaba/Romanov.

:(

Larry probably does want out and I cant say I blame him, what top footballer would want to be here

You were doing so well on having a reasoned debate but you couldn't help yourself turning it into an anti-Hearts regime thread.

You managed 2 posts before you did though so maybe there is hope for you

Does look like he's pulling a fast one, though yes the NT can request his present under FIFA rules. Still flog him come Jan and spend the cash on a decent striker :)

Does look like he's pulling a fast one, though yes the NT can request his present under FIFA rules. Still flog him come Jan and spend the cash on a decent striker :)

Are you mad:eek:

Two positives for me are that this turn of events suggests that Kingston isn't suffering from Vlad-flu, but more likely a case of lazy*******itis.

The other point is Csaba's quote indicates to me he has some autonomy, if he is questioning why Kingston is making himself unavailable for selection.

If Kingston isn't motivated to get fit and play for Hearts, he should be moved on in the transfer window.

Larry only seems to turn it on for about 6/7 games a season, the rest of the times he very average in a poor league, hardly a top player.

Hartley & Rudi to name 2 were far better and more consistent, Larrys nowhere near as good as them and never 15k(or whatever it is) a week player.

would rather the money was spent on offering Bruno a new contract,

bye bye Larry :P

Tbh I am sick of Larry, but im not falling for the Bruno cumfest after 5 games, yes he has been playing well but he has every incentive to at the moment.

If Bruno can do this right upto april give him the new deal, but lets not jump the gun

My only concern with larry is we dont have anyone to replace him, we need that first as his 6/7 games is better than 0 games of creativity

Tbh I am sick of Larry, but im not falling for the Bruno cumfest after 5 games, yes he has been playing well but he has every incentive to at the moment.

If Bruno can do this right upto april give him the new deal, but lets not jump the gun

My only concern with larry is we dont have anyone to replace him, we need that first as his 6/7 games is better than 0 games of creativity

Brilliant...a thread about Larry, and you twist it so you can say something controversial about one of current best performs.

Its so transparent.

We need to sever ties with this wage thief

Get him to F****

He plays so well and puts so much into his Ghana performance (which is understandabel) and puts 50 % into the club that pays him

LKGTF!

Larry only seems to turn it on for about 6/7 games a season, the rest of the times he very average in a poor league, hardly a top player.

Hartley & Rudi to name 2 were far better and more consistent, Larrys nowhere near as good as them and never 15k(or whatever it is) a week player.

would rather the money was spent on offering Bruno a new contract,

bye bye Larry :P

I'd agree with that. And I'd also tie someone like Karapidis down on a longer deal, he's been a decent player for us.

Do people honestly think we should be rushing to give Bruno a new deal?

He has just came back from a long term injury and has very few games under his experience, that sort of shocking decision is exactly what I expect from this club at times

Bruno must prove his fitness and consistency over the next 6 months before we should even risk it.

Christ we could give him a new deal today and tomorrow he breaks down with a reoccurence of the injury.

Do people honestly think we should be rushing to give Bruno a new deal?

He has just came back from a long term injury and has very few games under his experience, that sort of shocking decision is exactly what I expect from this club at times

Bruno must prove his fitness and consistency over the next 6 months before we should even risk it.

Christ we could give him a new deal today and tomorrow he breaks down with a reoccurence of the injury.

You know, Sometimes I read your posts and think, good point, Not Often though...BUT, How have you managed to turn a Thread about the Laziest excuse for a player at Tynecastle, to SLAGGING one player who's trying like ****, works his bawz off the whole time he's on the Park and has Scored more goals than our Strikers...MOD EDIT :mad:

quite right, hes played well in 5 games, lets completely forget the serious injury and give him a five year deal

Tynie B with a thought process like that you better post your phone number as vlad will want to give you a job

Is it really unreasonable wanting Bruno to prove his performances and more importantly fitness over a longer period between now and the end of the season

If he does that then brillant give him a deal but its far too early to even risk it until his fitness is proven, otherwise we could be wasting cash on an injured player, not something we can afford to do.

Yes injuries are part of football but you need to manage that risk and giving a new deal to someone who has missed 18 months, 5 games into his comeback would be ludicrous

Drylaw Hearts
You know, Sometimes I read your posts and think, good point, Not Often though...BUT, How have you managed to turn a Thread about the Laziest excuse for a player at Tynecastle, to SLAGGING one player who's trying like ****, works his bawz off the whole time he's on the Park and has Scored more goals than our Strikers...GTF ya Trumpet!! :mad:

Tbf.....

Prancer hasn't slagged Bruno at all.

He's actually raised a very valid point.

MackaysCentreSpot

I agree with DH. Hate to say it but Prancer does have a good arguement.

Guest JamboRobbo
You know, Sometimes I read your posts and think, good point, Not Often though...BUT, How have you managed to turn a Thread about the Laziest excuse for a player at Tynecastle, to SLAGGING one player who's trying like ****, works his bawz off the whole time he's on the Park and has Scored more goals than our Strikers...GTF ya Trumpet!! :mad:

Par for the course on here. A perfectly valid point, and your response is a mouthful of abuse.

I agree with DH. Hate to say it but Prancer makes a very valid point.

Although by the same argument, no team would sign any player... in case they got an injury - recurrent or otherwise.

Imo Aguiar is one of our few decent players right now. It would be a travesty to lose him for nowt at some stage simply because we didn't offer him a contract extension.

quite right, hes played well in 5 games, lets completely forget the serious injury and give him a five year deal

Tynie B with a thought process like that you better post your phone number as vlad will want to give you a job

Is it really unreasonable wanting Bruno to prove his performances and more importantly fitness over a longer period between now and the end of the season

If he does that then brillant give him a deal but its far too early to even risk it until his fitness is proven, otherwise we could be wasting cash on an injured player, not something we can afford to do.

Yes injuries are part of football but you need to manage that risk and giving a new deal to someone who has missed 18 months, 5 games into his comeback would be ludicrous

Were did I say give him a 5 year contract??

Were did I even say give him another contract??

All I'm saying is that this Thread was about the "Wage Thief" Kingston...Laziest Player at Tynecastle, Going to Ghana for a Friendly when Csaba, his Manager has said he's not fit enough...YOU, turn it around to Bruno not being worth a 5 year contract :eek:

What's your Point??

I know what I think but I won't post it, I've already had a warning today!!

Randle P McMurphy

Theres a horse running in the 3.10 at Folkstone called Kingston Banker, says it all really. 7/1 in an 8 horse race by the way must be worth an each way punt.

Par for the course on here. A perfectly valid point, and your response is a mouthful of abuse.

Didums...Away and get a Job, a Girl Friend...Anything...20 odd thousand posts of drivel, and Trolling!! How's about that for mouthfull...:hobofish:

If you read a thread before starting your pish you might find that it was someone else who mentioned Bruno.

As for troon - he actually knows the point of a debate btw - as I said injuries are part of football but you have to manage the risk, we know first hand about bruno's problems thus its far more risky to give him a new deal now than say someone else who hasnt had such a serious or longstanding injury.

Im all for giving him a new detail come april if he impresses and proves his fitness, and tbh I cant see us losing him between now and then - I would be very surprised if he is offered contracts from elsewhere before the end of the season, worse case scenario is someone offers a deal and we need to take the risk a bit earlier.

Drylaw Hearts
Were did I say give him a 5 year contract??

Were did I even say give him another contract??

All I'm saying is that this Thread was about the "Wage Thief" Kingston...Laziest Player at Tynecastle, Going to Ghana for a Friendly when Csaba, his Manager has said he's not fit enough...YOU, turn it around to Bruno not being worth a 5 year contract :eek:

What's your Point??

I know what I think but I won't post it, I've already had a warning today!!

If you care to read back a few posts you will see someone else mentioned Bruno first.

Prancer merely gave his views on Bruno afterwards.

I see no problem with that at all.

JKB really is becoming a strain.

Why would Hearts worry about who is going to replace him, he hasn't and I m sure won't be playing for Hearts again. . I am not sure I understand the surprise about this situation, Csaba clearly stated in his press conference a couple of weeks ago that in his opinion Kingston's inability to play was more a mental thing than physical.

Despite all the quoted rules, I am reasonably certain if any player told his National team that he was definitely unfit and would not be able to participate in any way they would release him. However if the player is using that entity to prove a point to avoid breach of contract or other action this would be a whole other aspect in the matter.

Having learned the extremely appropriate term on JKB my sober reaction is Larry GTF.

Drylaw Hearts
Why would Hearts worry about who is going to replace him, he hasn't and I m sure won't be playing for Hearts again. . I am not sure I understand the surprise about this situation, Csaba clearly stated in his press conference a couple of weeks ago that in his opinion Kingston's inability to play was more a mental thing than physical.

Despite all the quoted rules, I am reasonably certain if any player told his National team that he was definitely unfit and would not be able to participate in any way they would release him. However if the player is using that entity to prove a point to avoid breach of contract or other action this would be a whole other aspect in the matter.

Having learned the extremely appropriate term on JKB my sober reaction is Larry GTF.

My thoughts also.

Surely the NT cannot make a player fly thousands of miles with an injury risking further damage ?

Obua was apparantly injured for weeks because flying with an injury actually made it worse.

If you read a thread before starting your pish you might find that it was someone else who mentioned Bruno.

As for troon - he actually knows the point of a debate btw - as I said injuries are part of football but you have to manage the risk, we know first hand about bruno's problems thus its far more risky to give him a new deal now than say someone else who hasnt had such a serious or longstanding injury.

Im all for giving him a new detail come april if he impresses and proves his fitness, and tbh I cant see us losing him between now and then - I would be very surprised if he is offered contracts from elsewhere before the end of the season, worse case scenario is someone offers a deal and we need to take the risk a bit earlier.

Spot on. Bruno won't get a better club coming in for him unless he starts to really impress. He'll still be waiting for a deal come April and Hearts will more than likely give him one.

They can demand to inspect a players injury I believe, I assume there are exceptions/appeals if it makes it worse but refusing to release a player can lead to Sanctions

My thoughts also.

Surely the NT cannot make a player fly thousands of miles with an injury risking further damage ?

Obua was apparantly injured for weeks because flying with an injury actually made it worse.

Gerrard.

Liverpool are said to be furious their captain Steven Gerrard was forced to travel 400 miles to prove he was unfit for England duty. (The Sun)

Although the source is as reliable as a rumour on here.

Guest JamboRobbo
Didums...Away and get a Job, a Girl Friend...Anything...20 odd thousand posts of drivel, and Trolling!! How's about that for mouthfull...:hobofish:

another quality point you make. If in doubt, abuse people and call them hobos. :P

Tbf.....

Prancer hasn't slagged Bruno at all.

He's actually raised a very valid point.

Its not like Prancer togive us valid points lol.

Grumpy.

PS As for Larry the writing is on the wall I think if I was injured would I want to travel thousands of miles away just for a friendly game I do not think so, it looks like he is trying to work his ticket out of here if I was Csaba he would not play again for us.

Randle P McMurphy
Theres a horse running in the 3.10 at Folkstone called Kingston Banker, says it all really. 7/1 in an 8 horse race by the way must be worth an each way punt.

Lived up to the billing by starting well before fading although he did hold on for 3rd. Small profit achieved.

At least they're not expecting him to play...

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/SportsArchive/artikel.php?ID=153218

This stuff is obviously getting to me, I had visions of him playing or something equally rotten like that. Still seems weird that they'd expect him to travel all that way though. I get the impression it may well have been Larry that was intent on doing so....

Booooooooo, Larry.

MackaysCentreSpot

He had the invitation from the football federation of Ghana and, if you receive this letter, your club cannot refuse to release you.

Says it all really rightly or wrongly.

Generic Username

Can people stop agreeing with Sweep and massaging his ego, you'll only encourage him to continue to be sensible when we all know he prefers to be a wee wind up.

If i was 4000 miles from home i'd probably jump at the chance of a free trip back to see the folks!..especially if you know you wont be playing the weekend?! Not exactly 'professional' but you probably would yourself..

Who would want him if he had that kind of attitude to a club. Remember the first time he wanted to play for bigger clubs...dont see any now

Archived