Would you swap places with Kilmarnock?

topcat

I'd rather be...  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I'd rather be...

• 4 points ahead but with harder games to come
    • 4 points behind but with easier games to come

No I'm not asking whether you want to move to Ayrshire and marry your cousin.....

There's been suggestions on a few threads about whether we've only moved form 8th to 3rd because we've had games against lowly opposition.

Killie are four points behind us but have already got their second games against the Old Firm and Dundee United out of the way and have yet to face their rematches against Hamilton, Saint Mirren and Caley Thistle.

So hypothetically which position would you rather be in?

I'd rather have the points. There's no guarantees that they will win those games and vice versa. Point in the bag every time.

Commander Harris

I'd rather have the points in the bag. The points will give us much needed confindence for when we play "harder" opposition and as said above, there are no guarantees.

I think we shouldn't overlook our recent points against hibs or aberdeen as well, two teams that people would consider to be harder opposition. Yes it would have been nice to get wins against either/both but it's not like we've been getting gubbed by everyone but the "diddy" teams.

The People's Chimp

An interesting question; but I think I'd take our current position. We've built up a bit of momentum, have at least got rankgers at home and could take another three against falkirk this saturday.

Also, ICT are a tricky proposition for any team and they're by no means guaranteed the three points.

What may be telling for killie, however, is the return from injury of a number of key players.

I'd rather be where we are now!

Ok we have some tough(er) games coming up like Rangers at home and Motherwell away, but we could (and should) be able to get something from these games.

However, St Mirren and ICT are considered tough places to go - the OF struggle there too. So I'm glad we have those out of the way

Always take points in the bag. Also hopefully 3 wins on the spin will hopefully give the team confidence for the tougher games ahead.

Also, we've just seen the Old Firm labour to narrow wins over Hamilton and St Mirren so i'd hate to think anybody at Hearts is writing off games against them as no hopers.

One game at a time and 3 points each outing.

Charlie-Brown

Both Hearts and Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd and all the rest from 3rd downwards are capable of dropping points - head to head matches are important but so is getting points on the board which Hearts have done in the 2nd round of fixtures with only Celtic ahead of us on current form.

Charlie-Brown
No I'm not asking whether you want to move to Ayrshire and marry your cousin.....

There's been suggestions on a few threads about whether we've only moved form 8th to 3rd because we've had games against lowly opposition.

Killie are four points behind us but have already got their second games against the Old Firm and Dundee United out of the way and have yet to face their rematches against Hamilton, Saint Mirren and Caley Thistle.

What did you vote TC? :)

Charlie-Brown

Kilmarnock have taken 9 points from 3 games against Dundee Utd (2 wins) and Hearts (1 win) which is impressive - what is less impressive is their results/points tally in the other 11 games ie 10pts from 33 available or 10pts from 21 available if you exclude 4 Old Firm defeats.

Kilmarnock have taken 9 points from 3 games against Dundee Utd (2 wins) and Hearts (1 win) which is impressive - what is less impressive is their results/points tally in the other 11 games ie 10pts from 33 available or 10pts from 21 available if you exclude 4 Old Firm defeats.

Charlie mate, don't you ever get bored? You've just been writing the same post over and over again for ages now!

portobellojambo1

Having the points is most important. We have them, getting them lately hasn't been pretty, but winning when you ain't playing well is a zillion times better than losing when you ain't playing well.

Charlie-Brown
Charlie mate, don't you ever get bored? You've just been writing the same post over and over again for ages now!

I'm copying JR's style and getting my post count up :)

Toxteth O'Grady

To answer the OP I'll tell you after the next time we play Kilmarnock.

We've recently scraped 3 victories against crap teams but the 9 points are very welcome.

When we last played Killie we were beaten by a hungrier team, they simply outfought us.

If we can match their desire and spirit when we go to Rugby Park I will be delighted.

Charlie-Brown

We have a very poor record at Rugby park over the years - 3 points there would be nice but a draw wouldn't be unwelcome if it keeps us above or in touch with them.

Toxteth O'Grady
We have a very poor record at Rugby park over the years - 3 points there would be nice but a draw wouldn't be unwelcome if it keeps us above or in touch with them.

Agreed Charlie, if we can match them for effort that would be an improvement on the last time we played them at home

rudi must stay

tbh i'd rather we were 4 points ahead and had to play the OF and Dundee Utd. We have 3 wins in a row so confidence is high, it's a good time to play them. Killie are quite inconsistent anyway

Archived