NOTE ON HULL CITY

TNCASTLE

I know a bloke whom I work with in Dubai who is from Hull and told me he tried to get into a game at home soon and was told it was sold out. The match is question was Hull City RESERVES v Man United RESERVES!! I checked their Website and sure enough a sold out tag is over that match! How can anyone compete with that???!:(

I know a bloke whom I work with in Dubai who is from Hull and told me he tried to get into a game at home soon and was told it was sold out. The match is question was Hull City RESERVES v Man United RESERVES!! I checked their Website and sure enough a sold out tag is over that match! How can anyone compete with that???!:(

I dont believe for 1 minute your telling a porky..But, I think the website have made a mistake.25000 at a reserve match:cool: maybe 50 or 60 years ago!

what, easter road?

:rofl:

You know what I meant ;)

Was it held at the KC Stadium? or do Hull play their reserve games at a lower division / non-league ground?

Where else would they play? It is on a Tuesday night although venue is not noted. I imagine if it was NOT Kingston Stadium they would say. Man U apparently have a massive following not just reserves but youth as well. Interesting to find out Man U reserves home average. Might look!

Doesn't seem entirely unfeasible.

Brand new to the league and will be hard to get a ticket for the game proper.

There is alot of excitement around Hull at the moment. I'm sure we could have sold out a reserve match against Man Utd during our 05/06 season.

On Sky yesterday Andy Gray said that Hull have sold out every home game for the remainder of the season !!

I P Knightley
Hull reserves play their home games at North Ferriby United's ground, guess it doesn't hold 25k

Even if it were at the KC, I wouldn't be surprised at a sell-out. They wouldn't be paying to see the Hull reserves, would they? The ManYoo reserves will contain a calibre of player they're unlikely to come across again when they eventually go back down to the Championship.

Other factors: Ticket prices? Other attractions in Hull? Other footy matches in the week of this game? Overall, not hard to imagine a big sale although a sell out more possible with a restricted stadium.

Why, I seem to remember a football team that attracted over 57,000 people to a meaningless friendly in the middle of the off season.

Nelly Terraces

They invited some aberdeen fans down, and they bought 40,000 tickets. Just like they do when they come to Tynecastle...:rolleyes:

Why, I seem to remember a football team that attracted over 57,000 people to a meaningless friendly in the middle of the off season.

some other wee team struggled to get half that figure :107years:

Hull sold out all there tickets for the entire season in the summer, not a lot else to do in Hull

82884697.iGGiEwOy.jpg

Where else would they play? It is on a Tuesday night although venue is not noted. I imagine if it was NOT Kingston Stadium they would say. Man U apparently have a massive following not just reserves but youth as well. Interesting to find out Man U reserves home average. Might look!

Not really. They play reserve games at a non league club (Northwich/Atrincham , somewhere like that).

My mate goes regularly but he says it isn't that well supported.

some other wee team struggled to get half that figure :107years:

Hull sold out all there tickets for the entire season in the summer, not a lot else to do in Hull

82884697.iGGiEwOy.jpg

Charming - it's not actually that bad a place to live, ive been here for a year now...

And there is still tiks available for games at the T/O, they've kept a few thousand for walk-ups (although they are usually sold out after an hour or so of going on sale!!)

My wife & I have season tickets for Hull (Though I'm a Jambo first & foremost). Just to confirm, Hull play their reserve games at North Ferriby and the game against Man Unt reserves is sold out but - as pointed out - the ground only holds a few thousand. In terms of tickets for the KC Staduim, Hull sold out all of their season tickets prior to the start of the season and some tickets are usually available for home games. However, they usually go on sale via the internet or, of any are left, by phone on the Monday morning in the week leading up to the game.

Charming - it's not actually that bad a place to live, ive been here for a year now...

And there is still tiks available for games at the T/O, they've kept a few thousand for walk-ups (although they are usually sold out after an hour or so of going on sale!!)

sorry mate, i'll take your word for it though :P

seen a piece about the Club on Inside Sport, seems the place to be at the moment, pure Gretna stuff, although without the financial instability :)

sorry mate, i'll take your word for it though :P

seen a piece about the Club on Inside Sport, seems the place to be at the moment, pure Gretna stuff, although without the financial instability :)

LOL, don't worry about it mate - no offence taken!!

Yep, there's def a buzz about the place - nights out round town on a saturday night with all the fans are awfy good ('specially if it's been a city win)

Archived